IGNORED

Ryan Fredericks

ploppy

...and now for something completely different. Did it ever come out in the end why he left us within a month? I remember Cotterill saying at the time something along the lines of "the truth will come out in time". Maybe I missed it but I still have no idea why he left? I assumed it was a family issue meaning he had to go back to London but if anyone could shed some light and resolve one of life's unresolved mysteries that would be wonderful.

47 minutes ago, ploppy said:

...and now for something completely different. Did it ever come out in the end why he left us within a month? I remember Cotterill saying at the time something along the lines of "the truth will come out in time". Maybe I missed it but I still have no idea why he left? I assumed it was a family issue meaning he had to go back to London but if anyone could shed some light and resolve one of life's unresolved mysteries that would be wonderful.

I think it was pretty obviously LJ's fault. 

19 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Wasn't the explanation at the time that he had a close family member very ill and he wanted to return to London? 

I think you're correct there

But we all know that was bollocks. ML defo gave him a slap for being a Bertie Big Bollocks. Fair play to Litts

7 minutes ago, pnefcok said:

Saw him play at the weekend and he was absolutely terrific, as was the lad on the other side who is just 16.

It's all about DNA nowadays, not how good you are!

We've got loads with Fantastic DNA oozing out of every pore.

But they're crap!

40 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Good on Litts.

The team-spirit shared by SC and that squad is something we badly miss.

Edit - reminds me of when the Thompson twins reportedly ran from JET in the tunnel. :laugh:

That Swindon incident sounded class. Wasn't it Little who tweeted 'JET let you out the tunnel yet?' 

2.15 in this video, can see how much they love that chant hahaha. Ayling is class.

4 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

That Swindon incident sounded class. Wasn't it Little who tweeted 'JET let you out the tunnel yet?' 

2.15 in this video, can see how much they love that chant hahaha. Ayling is class.

I can't believe the board ****** that summer up so badly. I don't think I'll ever get over it.

All the Little stuff is BS. People seem to think that football is like a soap opera or something. Much like the 'Pemberton grabbed Tomlin by the throat' thing after Burton.

He joined, wasn't a Cotts signing, Cotts didnt rate him, told him straight, and Fredericks said if that were the case he wanted to move back to London. He was offered to all London based clubs and Fulham took him. 

Underlines the farce that was our summer transfer window in that period and how badly we were scraping the barrel due to the board not backing SC!

13 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Long, well overdone debate.

The answer goes by who you trust more. Going by past records and what SC said before that summer window, I'd side with SC.

I was being very facetious. You're right to trust SC.

Cotts did hammer Fredericks in the dressing room after the Sheffield Wednesday game though, which was a bit harsh considering he played most of it out of position.

42 minutes ago, Carey 6 said:

....we're a million miles away from that night.

25 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

C'mon.  You've been on Otib long enough to know that when it goes wrong it's always the board's fault and when it goes well it's the manager's. ....  

Well, ummm, you do make a very good  point and you may also remember that when it all turned for Cotts, we learnt on here that any Manager could have done what SC did given the same budget in L1. Meanwhile, we also learn that anyone with an obscene stash of cash could and would do better than Lansdown.

And so it goes.

Archived