IGNORED

Steve Lansdown- Please Read

aa_bcfc

Steve

As a regular supporter for 46 years I have been proud over the last few years to be watching a City team with so many local players. With Brown, Burnell and now carey (and perhaps Hill) leaving I feel that the this is now coming to an end. This will be a big mistake. We have been down the path of trying to sign a team from outside the club many times before, this has generally ended in failure. We need to keep the Bristol lads, they are the heart of the team. Please reconsider your final offer to Carey and make sure matt Hill signs.

The only time in living memory that we were successfull was with the team which got us to the old 1st division in 1976. That team was packed with local and former youth team players, with patience they came good, that must be the lesson for today.

You only have to look accross town for another lesson. Since Rovers have had no local or youth team players coming through they have been dogged by failure.

Do you really want the Bristol lads to leave and replace them with chancers from other clubs? I certainly do not.

aa bcfc.

I agree, don't know what Carey has been offered but his comments in today's post suggest it isn't much. If we lose these two we will struggle to get replacements not only of the same quality but with the same passion and commitment for the club. I don't think any city fan would begrudge them a decent wage packet, please improve the offers.

I agree, don't know what Carey has been offered but his comments in today's post suggest it isn't much. If we lose these two we will struggle to get replacements not only of the same quality but with the same passion and commitment for the club. I don't think any city fan would begrudge them a decent wage packet, please improve the offers.

Seem's to be that the offer is based on his appearances for the club. I think in the current financial climate in football club this is a wise move.

If Carey plays all the games then he will be on more money than he is on now but it seems that he is unwilling to accept these terms.

However, I agree with what you are saying about keeping a team with a strong 'Bristol' feel to it - be it with local players or players from the academy. The good thing about this situation is that if he goes we have Amankwaah to come in or Ryan Harley who looks a good prospect - both from out academy.

Brown - wants to leave the club - end of story, perhaps the large minority of fans who were almost glad he broke his leg are happy now.

Burnell - no shortage of effort, too much shortage of ability.

Carey - if Tinnion is playing a back three we have enough local/young players to play at the back (Coles, Fortune, Amankwaah, Woodman, Hill if he signs) - not worth breaking the bank for.

Hill - will sign in my opinion.

I completely agree with the sentiments of this post, our best chance is local players.

Far too much rubbish has been brought in by the last few managers (especially by Pulis) on big money for little return.

Louis is a quality, loyal defender who at 27 is probably at his peak, to lose him after the way last season's defence performed (and he was voted in the PFA team)is in my opinion a much bigger blow than some Rangers reserve, who will probably move again in a few years, turning us down.

The signs don't look at all good but I sincerely hope he stays.

To all those who have taken the opportunity to post abuse and damaging nonsense such as they would do the job for free or that he will be easily replaced, take a reality check, you'll realise how good he is if he goes and you have no idea how much harm you do.

Guest monster red
Brown - wants to leave the club - end of story, perhaps the large minority of fans who were almost glad he broke his leg are happy now.

Burnell - no shortage of effort, too much shortage of ability.

Carey - if Tinnion is playing a back three we have enough local/young players to play at the back (Coles, Fortune, Amankwaah, Woodman, Hill if he signs) - not worth breaking the bank for.

Hill - will sign in my opinion.

I agree....Burnell leaving as been on the cards for while now! he's been an okay squad player but he was never going to set the world alight in central midfield,he should do better in division 4.

As for A Brown you need to look at the player more the the chairman,the bloke is going to join Stoke City!! hardly a great step in his footballing career but as long as he gets a few more quid in his pay packet he'll be happy,shallow and sad really! We will see in 6 months time when Brown is sat on the bench at Stoke and becomes a nobody if then he thinks the right decision was made!!

Hill will sign his next improved offer-no doubt.

Carey-I am not too bothered!! I hope he signs but if not we have other options-he not a Coles or Doherty. I dont know what he's been offered but it's going to be in the thousands per week!! tough life is'nt it!!

:dunno::):yawn:

I don't think the current generation of Bristolians leaving means a great deal will be lost, the academy is packed with local talent.

I have mixed feelings about Carey I have always considered him Mr Dependable, I half understand his comments about money but he is hardly on the breadline and can afford a very nice Mercedes.

If he believes that someone else will pay him what he thinks he's worth then let him go and find them, thats the nature of modern football.

Steve, Brian, please keep Carey, 9 years he has been at this club. Loyal, consistant, ever-present and an excellent model for the whole team. Why is it that some new players come along on more wages when the old ones who are the foundations of our team get shoved aside. Surely every player is a key part of the team so why is he not being offered the money he deserves.

If Carey doesn't sign and then Hill and Bell decide also not to what kind of a team are you going to have then? Too much money has been spent on strikers when it didn't need to of, wheres Roberts in all of these plans?? We have a perfectly good team and we did need a new striekr to partner Roberts/Miller, but the whole budget neednt of been blown of them, you should of thgouth about Carey, Hill and Bell first, they are more important to us and the team,but obvviously not on your priorities. You will regret a lot of your desicons this season mark my words. Surely you can find the money from somewhere to reason with Carey. I fyou can find the money for some ridiculous merged stadium ideal then you cna find soemmoeny for this. What happened to all the money you generated from the play-offs?? Surely you didnt sopend ti that quickly....

Guest bristolbred

Did we not try and do a "Wigan!" and buy our way out of this division??, hasn't worked so far, and there are no guarentees that it will work next season either!, :dunno:

Steve

As a regular supporter for 46 years I have been proud over the last few years to be watching a City team with so many local players. With Brown, Burnell and now carey (and perhaps Hill) leaving I feel that the this is now coming to an end. This will be a big mistake. We have been down the path of trying to sign a team from outside the club many times before, this has generally ended in failure. We need to keep the Bristol lads, they are the heart of the team. Please reconsider your final offer to Carey and make sure matt Hill signs.

The only time in living memory that we were successfull was with the team which got us to the old 1st division in 1976. That team was packed with local and former youth team players, with patience they came good, that must be the lesson for today.

You only have to look accross town for another lesson. Since Rovers have had no local or youth team players coming through they have been dogged by failure.

Do you really want the Bristol lads to leave and replace them with chancers from other clubs? I certainly do not. 

aa bcfc.

What a load of tosh, just because they are local guarantees you nothing! He aint even one of our better players. Let him go the money grabbing mercenary. Gow, Gillies, Ritchie, Brolly, Mann yeah really local!

A team with the right motivation will win in this league.

You do not need to pay high wages to attract the best players.

As an example, look at the way Hartlepool played last season. No great stars, just players that are committed to the club.

Lets hope that BT can motivate the players the same as Cooper !

A team with the right motivation will win in this league.

You do not need to pay high wages to attract the best players.

As an example, look at the way Hartlepool played last season. No great stars, just players that are committed to the club.

Lets hope that BT can motivate the players the same as Cooper !

I think the best example is Greece. Look how they played, organised and huge desire. Closed everything down and ran themselves reagged. Their manager seemed a quiet bloke and unlike the muppet Cooper. I would hate to see a manager behave like Cooper.

On the supject of homegrown talent. I think this would be completely different if it was Docherty leaving. He has the local spirit I want to see. He makes me proud of being a city fan. Other players show this, Hill certainly does and Carey and Coles do on occasions. I really believe that Bristol City is about local talent!

I love the fact that we have talented home grown players, with some players of great potential coming through! I want to see them in a City top not another club.

Saying that we need to have the best players in the team and all of those players need to be on form.

Steve, Brian, please keep Carey, 9 years he has been at this club. Loyal, consistant, ever-present and an excellent model for the whole team. Why is it that some new players come along on more wages when the old ones who are the foundations of our team get shoved aside. Surely every player is a key part of the team so why is he not being offered the money he deserves.

If Carey doesn't sign and then Hill and Bell decide also not to what kind of a team are you going to have then? Too much money has been spent on strikers when it didn't need to of, wheres Roberts in all of these plans?? We have a perfectly good team and we did need a new striekr to partner Roberts/Miller, but the whole budget neednt of been blown of them, you should of thgouth about Carey, Hill and Bell first, they are more important to us and the team,but obvviously not on your priorities. You will regret a lot of your desicons this season mark my words. Surely you can find the money from somewhere to reason with Carey. I fyou can find the money for some ridiculous merged stadium ideal then you cna find soemmoeny for this. What happened to all the money you generated from the play-offs?? Surely you didnt sopend ti that quickly....

First we lose money each year - where have you been ? So it is not a question of blowing money from the play offs but reducing losses

Second the existing team has not got us promoted so changes are needed

Nobody is talking about a massive influx of new players

Bell has signed and hopefully so will Hill, Carey should now go he has behaved irresponsibly in complaining to the Press , if the offer is not acceptable just leave as Peacock has done

We still have an Academy and local players will continue to form the backbone of the team

Thats funny :dunno: take it or leave it offer; we pay their wages, if they dont like whats been offered well shut the door on the way out.

We all want more money/wages if we dont like whats on offer we find another job. They aint performing anyway :) we all should of had a refund for that pathetic show at the mill.

Well played Tinman and Steve dont be held to ransom by anyone :)

Beckhams fault anyway overpaid poser :) if you want the money you have to WORK for it :yawn:

They aint performing anyway :dunno:  we all should of had a refund for that pathetic show at the mill.

Bloomin 'eck. Is this the same person who spent days defending everything about DW & his tactics following the shambles in Cardiff. I'm sure you've stuck the boot into Peacock in another thread too.

Why the sudden u-turn in opinion?

I dont really care where the players are born as long as they do the job.

Its simple really- we have to keep the players we had last year  bring in one or two new faces. IT was exactly the same situation a year ago but we lost scott murray and didnt replace him.

Look at Scott Murray. Born no where near Bristol, and yet is City through and through. Couldn't hack being away from us at Reading. I know what is being said about local lads, but with the exception of Doherty, Hill and Cole on occasion, none of them are really that dedicated. Brown is looking to go elsewhere, Burnell already has, Carey is refusing offers, Hill is wasting time making up his mind, and they were all born in or around Bristol.

Archived