IGNORED

Did JP become the problem?

sh1t_ref_again

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

Or, what about the FACT that since DH and LJ have worked together at City we have become a laughing stock?

I think what we can all agree on is the timing of his arrival was completely wrong.

I believe had DH and LJ been here all season or if it was still JP and LJ we wouldn't have these problems. Adding a third person really messed up the dynamics. 

LJ wanted to bring in his own man which is fair enough but the board insisted we keep Pembo. Both the board and LJ have to take the blame for that because they both got the timing wrong. Should have happened pre season. 

3 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

I see a team who are trying and are simply doing what they are being asked to do.

Ah yea. Suddenly I remember LJ instructing Tomlin to miss the penalty, I remember LJ instructing our defenders to make basic mistakes, I remember LJ instructing us to drop deep and Instructing our strikers to miss easy chances. 

21 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I see a team who are trying but are simply not doing what they are being asked to do. 

Because they don't understand what they're being asked to do. You don't have to be a tactical genius to see we are very rarely set up properly for the oposition we're facing . 

It's totally legitimate for a manager to want his own choice of assistant. The timing just makes it strange. And the fact that LJ is NOW making that choice makes us all fear for exactly how long he'll be here. Quite possible they had one row too many and the MA spin is just that.

Not sure about JP as a long-term manager but my hunch would be he'd have given us a better shot at staying up last 10 games. Maybe LJ knew that and moved to eliminate the only person within the club who was a rival. Sadly seems possible. 

15 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ah yea. Suddenly I remember LJ instructing Tomlin to miss the penalty, I remember LJ instructing our defenders to make basic mistakes, I remember LJ instructing us to drop deep and Instructing our strikers to miss easy chances. 

But I do remember numerous times him setting up with the wrong system depending on the opposition . I remember him playing tomlin out wide many times when everyone knows he doesn't track back so exposing the fullback to 2 on 1 . I remember him playing 2 in midfield against a Fulham side that pass through teams for fun even though he had 8 days to get team right . Lately playing bobby Reid and Korey smith as false nines when he had Matt Taylor on the bench . Need I go on ? 

4 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

But I do remember numerous times him setting up with the wrong system depending on the opposition . I remember him playing tomlin out wide many times when everyone knows he doesn't track back so exposing the fullback to 2 on 1 . I remember him playing 2 in midfield against a Fulham side that pass through teams for fun even though he had 8 days to get team right . Lately playing bobby Reid and Korey smith as false nines when he had Matt Taylor on the bench . Need I go on ? 

Ah the Fulham game, every single person called for us to play 442 and then when we did as you agree they passed straight through us.

With regards to Tomlin on his day he can be up there with the best, any manager would try and fit him in.

Are you really trying to say Smith was played as a striker? Don't think so. He was played as a Midfielder but with the instructions to push forward. An opposite of a false 9.

Norwich had a 5 man midfield, we matched them up and in part it worked. Had we played 4 in midfield I'd have been worried.

I do agree I want to see more of Taylor and Djuric. 

8 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

Ah the Fulham game, every single person called for us to play 442 and then when we did as you agree they passed straight through us.

With regards to Tomlin on his day he can be up there with the best, any manager would try and fit him in.

Are you really trying to say Smith was played as a striker? Don't think so. He was played as a Midfielder but with the instructions to push forward. An opposite of a false 9.

Norwich had a 5 man midfield, we matched them up and in part it worked. Had we played 4 in midfield I'd have been worried.

I do agree I want to see more of Taylor and Djuric. 

A false 9 is someone who drops into midfield when we don't have the ball so be it that,  a 10 or just attacking midfielder Korey isn't one. As regards tomlin , you cannot carry anyone in this league especially in the position we're in and especially wide where he doesn't track back only a idiot (LJ ) would play 442 against Fulham . If anyone thought that was a good idea then they're mad 

4 hours ago, Up The City! said:

On a consistent basis. Odd, isn't it?

Archived