IGNORED

goodnight irene our seasons over

where's the joy

1 minute ago, where's the joy said:

never thought we would be down in early march but we are doomed

doesn't matter how the team plays if they aren't set up right in the first place and korey smith at striker against norwich just beggared belief

if we beat relegation i will present match of the day in my skiddy underpants

He played in midfield, WTJ.

Got forward a few times because that's what you have to do when you have a slow,  solo front man. 

20 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Got forward a few times because that's what you have to do when you have a slow,  solo front man. 

True, to a degree. Although he was a midfield player, it was obvious that his role was to play as the most advanced midfield player to support Wilbraham and get into goal scoring positions. As he has virtually a zero goal scoring record, this must have been the stupidest decision since  Lieutenant Colonel  George Armstrong Custer decided to attack the native North America Indians at the battle of the Little Bighorn  

5 minutes ago, pongo88 said:

True, to a degree. Although he was a midfield player, it was obvious that his role was to play as the most advanced midfield player to support Wilbraham and get into goal scoring positions. As he has virtually a zero goal scoring record, this must have been the stupidest decision since  Lieutenant Colonel  George Armstrong Custer decided to attack the native North America Indians at the battle of the Little Bighorn  

Thought that was Reid's role?

I had no problem with Korey going forward. Someone bloody had to!

33 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

In fairness to the OP, Korey did move to RB later on.

However less than a month ago people were crying out for Korey to be at RB because Little and Matthews weren't up to it, as soon as he plays (part of) a game at RB it is just another stick to beat LJ with.

Another item to add to the ever growing list of hypocrisy on OTIB.

37 minutes ago, Red-Robbo said:

Thought that was Reid's role?

I had no problem with Korey going forward. Someone bloody had to!

Reid did play in an advanced role against Burton, but I'm sure Smith was even more advanced against Norwich. I may be wrong as I often lost interest in the first half 

18 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Damn right.  I can't believe the negative and defeatist attitude of some fans. There are THIRTY points still to play for. No way is it all over.

And precisely how is this team and coaching staff going to turn their habitual losing run around? By just blindly hoping that something will happen?

I too would like City to survive in the Championship but in all truth I can't see how. We have no fixed captain, no fixed team, no fixed tactics. Something will have to change starting Saturday.  Morale is clearly low (look at how Freeman is playing for QPR - spoke to QPR fan today and he believes the difference in Freeman's performance is the over the top enthusiasm plus man management skills of Holloway). Our head coach loses out on both counts.

24 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Damn right.  I can't believe the negative and defeatist attitude of some fans. There are THIRTY points still to play for. No way is it all over.

Absolutely right, and Tammy back to bang in some goals. It's as if some on here want us to go down

29 minutes ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Thirty points indeed rob. Can't see how we can pick up even half that amount though? Not being defeatist but realistically we need a big turn around in form and I just can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong. 

34 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

And precisely how is this team and coaching staff going to turn their habitual losing run around? By just blindly hoping that something will happen?

I too would like City to survive in the Championship but in all truth I can't see how. We have no fixed captain, no fixed team, no fixed tactics. Something will have to change starting Saturday.  Morale is clearly low (look at how Freeman is playing for QPR - spoke to QPR fan today and he believes the difference in Freeman's performance is the over the top enthusiasm plus man management skills of Holloway). Our head coach loses out on both counts.

We have a habitual drawing habit at the moment, IG. 4 out of the last 6.

35 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I get all that. But if you lose heart what have you got left?

25 minutes ago, Gakoe said:

Thirty points indeed rob. Can't see how we can pick up even half that amount though? Not being defeatist but realistically we need a big turn around in form and I just can't see it happening. Hope I'm wrong. 

Indeed. But I absolutely refuse to accept we're going down unless it becomes a mathematical certainty. I ain't no Rachel Riley, but by my sums there's enough points to be comfortably safe just yet.

Agree the seasons not over with ten games left but we would need to show title winning form unlike the relegation form we are currently displaying.Although I hope and pray we can avoid the drop it is going to take a massive turnaround in performances for it to happen.

2 minutes ago, CityCiderEd said:

Agree the seasons not over with ten games left but we would need to show title winning form unlike the relegation form we are currently displaying.Although I hope and pray we can avoid the drop it is going to take a massive turnaround in performances for it to happen.

Yes and if we lose against Wigan, we really are in trouble!

1 hour ago, ashton_fan said:

Absolutely right, and Tammy back to bang in some goals. It's as if some on here want us to go down

Not one City fan wants us to go down.

What we want though is a manager who is able to set us up tactically the right way, use some of the 19 players he has signed... effectively, and then to win the odd football match. I don't think we're asking too much.

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

doesn't matter how the team plays if they aren't set up right in the first place and korey smith at striker against norwich just beggared belief

10 matches left season is far from over! get a grip

2 hours ago, where's the joy said:

We're not down. We could escape the drop. Many on here would love to see us go down 

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

Indeed. But I absolutely refuse to accept we're going down unless it becomes a mathematical certainty. I ain't no Rachel Riley, but by my sums there's enough points to be comfortably safe just yet.

Last week you insisted we not going down have you had a reality check since then

36 minutes ago, RumRed said:

Tired, cliched, bullshit.

No one wants it, some of us though are resigned to it.

Really sorry you are tired, full of cliches and s**t.  I think we will be relegated but nothing is certain so I retain a tiny bit of hope.  Fans talk and some want us to go down and start again , sack LJ and send Landsdown packing, some have dared to say it on this forum . Sad isn't it . 

Korey appeared to be playing in an advanced position but it was generally when the Norwich defenders had the ball, he was the midfielder who would push up and press the defenders so Wilbs didn't have to do it alone, when we had the ball he was generally deeper.

3 hours ago, Red-Robbo said:

He was playing off Wilbraham's shoulder for the first 30 minutes, was like a fish out of water. 

Cant fault his effort but he ended the match at Right Back . 

Says it all . 

24 minutes ago, redapple said:

He was playing off Wilbraham's shoulder for the first 30 minutes, was like a fish out of water. 

Cant fault his effort but he ended the match at Right Back . 

Says it all . 

I think that says more about Wilbs' turn of speed than anything else :laughcont:

Archived