IGNORED

goodnight irene our seasons over

where's the joy

I don't disagree with those defending Korey Smith, it wasn't his fault.  He was given a task equal to giving a chicken a deckchair and then being surprised when he can't put it up. He had 2 goals in 250+ career appearances which just goes to show how misguided Johnson is. Just why was Taylor signed if not to make the most of his scoring ability. So what its been at a lower level? He knows where the net is. Oh, and how to take a penalty. 

Respect to those who believe that we can pull off an escape. I admire your optimism and in seasons past I'd have been the same. Always believe yeh?

Maybe I'm getting old, cynical and seen it all before but the worst just feels inevitable to me this time around. As I've said before though I desperately hope I'm wrong. A win tomorrow is essential. 

the points i am making are these

even if all our players play really well it won't matter because our manager is incapable of finding a pattern to play to, with players in their best positions.

wilbraham up top on his own supported by korey smith at home against a norwich team with an away record as bad as ours was bonkers.

we lost the first half with it anyway.

so he swaps two players who should have been on from the start and you see how off the pace wilbraham was by comparison with djuric who was a real handful.

bobby reid has been playing like a drain most of the season, much as i would love him to succeed, and shouldn't be anywhere near the first team till seasons end.

thats the reason midfield gets over run not the numbers in midfield but johnson keeps picking him anyway.

tomlin is not needed at 10, we need crosses and to get to the bye line.

play tomlin as the out and out striker or not at all. he can't run, he can't tackle, but he can shoot so play him where he can hurt people

14 hours ago, where's the joy said:

never thought we would be down in early march but we are doomed

doesn't matter how the team plays if they aren't set up right in the first place and korey smith at striker against norwich just beggared belief

if we beat relegation i will present match of the day in my skiddy underpants

Too much Dads Army?

We've all been banging on about the set-up, we live in hope.

4 hours ago, Gakoe said:

Respect to those who believe that we can pull off an escape. I admire your optimism and in seasons past I'd have been the same. Always believe yeh?

Maybe I'm getting old, cynical and seen it all before but the worst just feels inevitable to me this time around. As I've said before though I desperately hope I'm wrong. A win tomorrow is essential. 

I agree, the club is like a sinking ship and the worse thing is that the Captain is prepared to go down with it!

So out of our last 10 games we have yet to play, 3 of them are against teams in the current bottom 5 (Wigan (A), Wolves (H), Blackburn (A)). So if you look at it that way it is still very much in our own hands. Our record against the teams currently in the bottom 6 has actually been good, (P7, W4, D2, L1) so 14 points out of a possible 21.

So basically we're unbeaten against the bottom 6 except for the 2-3 loss away at Wolves which many will feel we didn't deserve for a variety of reasons.

Taking points off the teams around us at this stage is vitally important, so for the reasons stated above, here's a little bit of hope for a Friday morning....as you can see i'm desperately trying to find something to cling on to!

so who is he going to pick out of position today?

and 'keep it tight' at the back for the first 60 minutes by which time we are 2-0 down, haven't had a shot on target

so throws on 3 subs in the usual battle of the alamo hiatus and we batter wigan for 25 minutes and then grab a consolation in the 90th

cue i thought we deserved a bit more out of the game baloney and another game is lost before we even start the game

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2017 at 18:24, where's the joy said:

never thought we would be down in early march but we are doomed

doesn't matter how the team plays if they aren't set up right in the first place and korey smith at striker against norwich just beggared belief

if we beat relegation i will present match of the day in my skiddy underpants

I know things look bad but IF we get one better result than burton by that I mean we match them plus 1 extra win we will finish above them and I realize that will not be easy but things are not as bad as they at first appear.

I always believe that we can do what is necessary until it's mathematically impossible but with LJ at the helm not so sure.

In recent weeks the players have shown grit and determination but if they are set up wrong and playing different formations every week.

LJ has not got the formation correct since the Fulham game constantly swapping formation mid game which tell me he is not starting the games correctly pre kick off.

We have to believe we can get out of this mess as looks like he is staying to the end of the season.

Lets show our support to the players and get behind them if LJ is to fail he will get the chop regardless but it will take time.

COYR

Archived