IGNORED

Positives at BCFC

shamussy

Hey... so first tuesday. It was a cracking game. So loads of positives...

1. Callum o'dowda was outstanding. Really looked a threat and purposeful. In the second half pushed the ball round the defender and went round him the other way. Showed not only pace but also a lot of confidence. He deserved a goal and was only denied by the crossbar.

2. The fans. Ok- there was obvious frustration when we went 1-0 down but we certainly made up for it by getting behind the team when we equalised.

3. The ground is fantastic. Great views, facilities from everywhere in the ground.

4. Djuric- he has just moved across here. He had some fantastic flick ons and was a constant threat in the air when he came on. In time he will be a real asset for us.

So come on... lets stay behind the team. I see it like a family. When someone pisses you off you still love em and care about them doing well. COYR

9 minutes ago, shamussy said:

Hey... so first tuesday. It was a cracking game. So loads of positives...

1. Callum o'dowda was outstanding. Really looked a threat and purposeful. In the second half pushed the ball round the defender and went round him the other way. Showed not only pace but also a lot of confidence. He deserved a goal and was only denied by the crossbar.

2. The fans. Ok- there was obvious frustration when we went 1-0 down but we certainly made up for it by getting behind the team when we equalised.

3. The ground is fantastic. Great views, facilities from everywhere in the ground.

4. Djuric- he has just moved across here. He had some fantastic flick ons and was a constant threat in the air when he came on. In time he will be a real asset for us.

So come on... lets stay behind the team. I see it like a family. When someone pisses you off you still love em and care about them doing well. COYR

The long drive home on Tuesday night, it felt more like a major break up, especially if they had done the dirty…

Well... ive been watching us for years. The way we played at the start of the season admittedly in one half only was really exciting. Like when we took villa apart second half... so i genuinely think that lots of lessons have been learned. That we are making progress as a whole club and actually learning together. 

I honestly dont know if lj is the right man. Or even sl for that matter but i know that we are trying to do things in the right way and that means a lot to me personally. And thats why i renew my st and believe. And by the way, the people i saw at AG on tuesday clapped the team off the pitch and cheered for the whole effort and commitment that was on display. 

51 minutes ago, robin_unreliant said:

Just wait and see if Djuric and COD start tomorrow before you get too excited. Good chance he will bench at least one.

To be fair that is one of the frustrations. As i was on the way to the ground i thought that we would maybe go behind before springig outr attacking players into action. When you think about it though, norwich are on paper better than us and over 10 places higher. Wouldnt you really want to keep it tight and stay in the game before having a go...

Im all for fantasy attacking football but in some ways im pleased our manager is a bit more sensible...

26 minutes ago, shamussy said:

To be fair that is one of the frustrations. As i was on the way to the ground i thought that we would maybe go behind before springig outr attacking players into action. When you think about it though, norwich are on paper better than us and over 10 places higher. Wouldnt you really want to keep it tight and stay in the game before having a go...

Im all for fantasy attacking football but in some ways im pleased our manager is a bit more sensible...

:yawn:

:laughcont:

:dancing6:

26 minutes ago, shamussy said:

Wow! We have scored only one, yes one goal from open play in the first half of all our home games this season. It would be wonderful to go out there with a more positive outlook on the game.

42 minutes ago, shamussy said:

Norwich, a team with a poor away record, who had previously lost away at both Wigan & Rotherham, and who 3 days earlier had lost 5-1 away. And so we put out a never before used, 1 forward upfront formation, with Korey as our most forward midfielder, a player who has never scored for us in the league in nearly 3 seasons. Where the hell did that come from? Was it likely to surprise? Yes I think even the players involved might have been somewhat surprised. Was it successful? No. Are we surprised? No. We needed 2 upfront, and yet again only at half time did LJ make the change to put out an appropriate team or formation.

37 minutes ago, shamussy said:

I agree with you 100 percent, when we put it on Norwich they did bottle it, maybe though starting one upfront fair enough but why wilbs? Your playing one upfront with the tactic hit and hope. Wilbs gets the ball then he is in dead mans land where he has nothing to do with the ball because he's strounded and every other player is playing catch. Try a bit of pace, try someone who can try take a player on instead of trying to hold out for the draw and then when we concede change it completely.

You are right, this season has been fantastic and, thankfully, there is more to come! That young up and coming coach that is in charge has done an astonishing job with so little to work with, it's no wonder that Premier League clubs have been coveting him.

AND, we now have ANOTHER up and coming coach as his assistant, we are so lucky as that nice Mr Ashton says to have the "focus" and "energy" of these "up and coming coaches".

i am so glad that we mere mortals happen to be so lucky as to support this club have these focused and energetic people running the team.

Some posters on here don't appreciate just how fortunate we are AND have the audacity to question what we're are being told - ungrateful doesn't come close to describing them.

BUT, I have made a decision, come the first Saturday in August when we are at home to Gillingham, I am going to AG really early, and I am going to explain to them all in person, all 7000 of them,how lucky we are to have an "up and coming Coach" that has been " looked at by Premier League teams".

We will look back on these days and remember how blessed we were.

10 hours ago, shamussy said:

Hey... so first tuesday. It was a cracking game. So loads of positives... and not mentioned;

1. Callum o'dowda was outstanding. Really looked a threat and purposeful. In the second half pushed the ball round the defender and went round him the other way. Showed not only pace but also a lot of confidence. He deserved a goal and was only denied by the crossbar. and if Norwich hadn't missed an open goal maybe LJ would be gone now and Pembo would be in charge

2. The fans. Ok- there was obvious frustration when we went 1-0 down but we certainly made up for it by getting behind the team when we equalised.the fans have always done their job

3. The ground is fantastic. Great views, facilities from everywhere in the ground. Its Bristols Stadium, we just use it

4. Djuric- he has just moved across here. He had some fantastic flick ons and was a constant threat in the air when he came on. In time he will be a real asset for us. In time he will be sold on and Wilbs and Tammy will be gone next season

So come on... lets stay behind the team. I see it like a family. When someone pisses you off you still love em and care about them doing well. COYR The Johnson and Lansdown Family with hoards of never so un-united fans behind them, producing record breaking results

9 hours ago, shamussy said:

Do you do bookings and fetes? 

4 hours ago, Engvall's Splinter said:

It's a day closer till Johnson gets the boot. Just the 209 days to go. 

And do we really think that will be the magic solution? I can easily think of games we could easily have won and played well in. There have been a lot of frustrations too e.g. Fulham... How will this help us? Seriously how long should a club stick with a manager when things go wrong? I personally like more than 5 months...

9 hours ago, ScottishRed said:

You are right, this season has been fantastic and, thankfully, there is more to come! That young up and coming coach that is in charge has done an astonishing job with so little to work with, it's no wonder that Premier League clubs have been coveting him.

AND, we now have ANOTHER up and coming coach as his assistant, we are so lucky as that nice Mr Ashton says to have the "focus" and "energy" of these "up and coming coaches".

i am so glad that we mere mortals happen to be so lucky as to support this club have these focused and energetic people running the team.

Some posters on here don't appreciate just how fortunate we are AND have the audacity to question what we're are being told - ungrateful doesn't come close to describing them.

BUT, I have made a decision, come the first Saturday in August when we are at home to Gillingham, I am going to AG really early, and I am going to explain to them all in person, all 7000 of them,how lucky we are to have an "up and coming Coach" that has been " looked at by Premier League teams".

We will look back on these days and remember how blessed we were.

Ok, i can see you are being facetious but you arent so far from the truth. Yes a young and up and coming coach... i think that when we signed a lot of players he tried to rotate ala some of the big teams. He looked at best ways to play against teams rather than our own strengths at times but i do feel he has learned. The crystal ball gillingham scenario is your frustration. We are in a fight to stay up and need results but seriously we can do it.

Football has no magic wand. It cant have because everyone would uae it and still teams would be relegated and do badly. I just think that we are trying to do things the right way. It hasnt worked so far but there are signs. And if it turns around i think we will be in a great position as a club

11 hours ago, BCFChayden said:

I agree with you 100 percent, when we put it on Norwich they did bottle it, maybe though starting one upfront fair enough but why wilbs? Your playing one upfront with the tactic hit and hope. Wilbs gets the ball then he is in dead mans land where he has nothing to do with the ball because he's strounded and every other player is playing catch. Try a bit of pace, try someone who can try take a player on instead of trying to hold out for the draw and then when we concede change it completely.

I was frustrated at the time but as i left you can understand it. Imagine we had set up all guns blazing. We could have been 2 or 3-0 down against a team admittedly as you say also on a poor run. They are a better squad than us and better players. So yes keep it tight, then hit them later. Had we not been in such a precarious position then i would agree with your point.

8 minutes ago, shamussy said:

I was frustrated at the time but as i left you can understand it. Imagine we had set up all guns blazing. We could have been 2 or 3-0 down against a team admittedly as you say also on a poor run. They are a better squad than us and better players. So yes keep it tight, then hit them later. Had we not been in such a precarious position then i would agree with your point.

Accept at times there is an argument for staying in the game but I'd argue that your and Johnsons idea actually allows sides that themselves are edgy and in poor form - Norwich a prime example to grow into the bloody game :grr:

We should have been trying to tear them a new one in the first half , igniting the crowd in the process

Johnson continually focuses on the opposition and setting up to counter THEM 

Putting all other games to one side, just for a moment 

How can we justify that approach at home to

............   Burton :grr::grr::grr:

Can I ask - Re

'He looked at best ways to play against teams rather than our own strengths at times but i do feel he has learned.'

Where and why do you 'feel he's learnt' ?

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Accept at times there is an argument for staying in the game but I'd argue that your and Johnsons idea actually allows sides that themselves are edgy and in poor form - Norwich a prime example to grow into the bloody game :grr:

We should have been trying to tear them a new one in the first half , igniting the crowd in the process

I do agree with most of that. The starting formations have seemed negative. There have been too many attacking players off form i suppose is the counter. Tomlin for example... when he plays he can be really dangerous but needs others to do the graft and its a problem when he doesnt produce.

I would personally like to see a run with 2 up top. I would probably think what the hell and go for it... but doesnt mean it would be right. Opinions i guess

1 hour ago, shamussy said:

Good point but mate, we set up defensive and it won't really our defenders who kept the game at 1 0, they had 3 decent clear cut chances, they take those chances then were asking our self why did we play 1 uptop when we're 3 0 down? If Norwich took their chances that game would of ended different

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can I ask - Re

'He looked at best ways to play against teams rather than our own strengths at times but i do feel he has learned.'

Where and why do you 'feel he's learnt' ?

Doesnt feel like so much tinkering. He kept the same team i believe following draw at newcastle. Then changed it after we lost. I want to make the point that i am not in any particular lj in or out camp. 

The picture is that early this season we had a lot of new faces. He was trying to fit them in and maybe trying to utilise the squad. However the length of time that it took for some players to settle and some poor form from others has made it tough. I would happily select my best 11 and it would be different from LJs and a lot of others. It would be more positive potentially though.

I keep feeling that 2 holding midfielders isnt positive enough in front of a back 3. Then again chelsea do it pretty well... i do see times where it is a useful tactic but agree home vs poorer teams wouldnt be my choice. 

Archived