IGNORED

Mark Ashton

RT's Vaseline Tub

5 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

According to Geoff 20Man he's proving hard to pin down to be on this Monday's Sound of the City.

Sums him up a treat as put out a polished "Why Pembo was relieved" video and then retreated as quickly as possible into hiding.

Completely unaccountable even though it's his job to be...

"They seek him here, they seek him there.....that damned elusive Ashton Pimpernell"

24 minutes ago, Dollymarie said:

He's running the bath marathon tomorrow, maybe he's worried he might be knackered from that. 

Ah, so one of the side effects of running a half marathon is that you become mute for 24 hours.

Perhaps I should encourage my wife to run then if that's the consequence! 

1 hour ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

According to Geoff 20Man he's proving hard to pin down to be on this Monday's Sound of the City.

Sums him up a treat as put out a polished "Why Pembo was relieved" video and then retreated as quickly as possible into hiding.

Completely unaccountable even though it's his job to be...

I think Mark feels he's said enough in his video. Hoping they play it before the game on Friday!!

3 minutes ago, steviestevieneville said:

Twentyman would ask searching questions and make him squirm , rather than the pr stunt we seen during the week 

Ashton is the problem. He is the one backing LJ and is the voice to SL. Good win today but even if we stay up this regime will not take us forward. 

1 minute ago, tinman85 said:

Ashton is the problem. He is the one backing LJ and is the voice to SL. Good win today but even if we stay up this regime will not take us forward. 

Not sure on that one. If we had a good manager at this level that knew what he was doing and we were sat mid table he wouldn't be mentioned. He's the go between , sorts contracts etc. If LJ says i want player x y z he trys to sign them so can't blame him for that tbh. Its his smarmy approach that pisses people off 

32 minutes ago, Derek from Nailsea said:

He liked the limelight at Fleetwood posing with the away end faithful but only very edited snippets from him now 

He also tried to bury bad news just before Norwich kick off when most fans making their way to the game even though Pembo had tweeted his departure early in the morning so silence said it all until being sneaky just before the game.

It would be great if RB could ask Mark Ashton the following questions:

How do you justify Lee Johnson's position as Head Coach, following 4 wins in 26 League games?

We were in 9th position after 16 matches prior to the announcement of Dean Holden's appointment on November 10th, why did we need another assistant coach?

During last week's interview with Adam Baker you explained that you and the Board pre-emptied Lee's decision to 'release' John Pemberton at the end of the season, by 'changing the dynamic' before the Norwich game. Why?

Why didn't Lee Johnson ask you himself?

Have some of Lee's responsibilities been devolved to you?

What are Lee's responsibilities?

To be honest,  he has said all he can say about the position we are in..

How many of you lot on here would openly slate your employer in full view and expect to keep hold of your job. I think it's unreasonable to expect MA to offer anything other than the party line, who knows what his real view is on the situation, for all we know he could have been sounding out replacements and offered the board alternatives only for them to tell him it's not happening this side of June.

I'm not a fan of any of them at the moment and I'm nobodys cheerleader either, he has given LJ everything to work with and been repaid with a load of abuse. I'm not sure what else he could have done in his job.

Shout out to all you middle managers out there with no authority on the day to day chaos you are left to deal with.

1 hour ago, Curr Avon said:

How do you justify Lee Johnson's position as Head Coach, following 4 wins in 26 League games?

The club has faith that he can turn things around.  Recent results suggest that the worst times are over.

We were in 9th position after 16 matches prior to the announcement of Dean Holden's appointment on November 10th, why did we need another assistant coach?

Lee rated him from his previous club and wanted to bring him here.

During last week's interview with Adam Baker you explained that you and the Board pre-emptied Lee's decision to 'release' John Pemberton at the end of the season, by 'changing the dynamic' before the Norwich game. Why?

We felt if changes had to made to shake-up the way coaching operated they were best made now rather than later. Clearly the side was under performing and we will do all we can to change that situation. 

He did. He suggested JP was not required next season. We took the decision if that was the case, he should leave sooner rather than later.

Lee is in charge of the first team and heads the coaching operation.  I look after other footballing matters.

See above.

I can't blame him for staying off the media. He did the most inoccuous video interview for the OS and was branded as the anti-Christ by some of the genius's on here. Plus there is always the possibility that he has something more pressing to do on Monday. Anyway, I'll give you what I think his less than illuminating responses would be, bearing in mind he's a club employee, he won't have the ultimate say in decisions and his job isn't to act as a fans-eye view of the board's activities. 

If we go down will Lee Johnson still remain in his current post ?

Are you operating the tombola or is that solely lees remit ? Id pay Geoff to ask him that

Yes it would be great, but it won't happen, but if and its a big "if", it'd probably go something like this...

How do you justify Lee Johnson's position as Head Coach, following 4 wins in 26 League games?  No Comment

We were in 9th position after 16 matches prior to the announcement of Dean Holden's appointment on November 10th, why did we need another assistant coach? No Comment

During last week's interview with Adam Baker you explained that you and the Board pre-emptied Lee's decision to 'release' John Pemberton at the end of the season, by 'changing the dynamic' before the Norwich game. Why? No Comment

Why didn't Lee Johnson ask you himself? No Comment

Have some of Lee's responsibilities been devolved to you? No Comment

What are Lee's responsibilities? No Comment

Fancy a spray tan? Now you're talking!  The usual please, Corporate BS Bronze, full body.

Archived