IGNORED

Nigel Clough

Rossi the Robin

Not idealy my first choice as a successor as first team coach, but I can see him being the type of person that could fit in with philosophy we seem to be setting up here and with a much better budget he's got at Burton

Im guessing the majority of responses will be anyone but Johnson etc but he seems to fit the bill with our clubs apparent aim

28 minutes ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Not idealy my first choice as a successor as first team coach, but I can see him being the type of person that could fit in with philosophy we seem to be setting up here and with a much better budget he's got at Burton

Im guessing the majority of responses will be anyone but Johnson etc but he seems to fit the bill with our clubs apparent aim

What's the apparent aim?

I suggest the club lays down an actual footballing philosophy.  This is what we're going to do, this is how we're going to do it.  

The word 'Footballing' is a bit important, unfortunately for football supporters.

New ground, DNA, Bristol Sport, revenues:- does not equate to 'Footballing', I'm sorry.

Sorry to the smart arses on here who objected to the non-complients. 

Two legs bad.

5 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

What's the philosophy you speak of? 

7 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

Total fantasy, LJ is going no-where !

He has tried `big` jobs in the past (Derby, Blades) and the pressure`s got to him (understandable I suppose given who his dad was). As said above, Burton`s a no lose situation and provided they weren`t tailed off by Christmas most of their fans would have been fairly realistic I should think.

I actually liked his dads philosophy and if his is the same, i think he could do a good job for us.  However, i dont think SL would want someone who isnt a yes man.

Would also question how he would react if the going got tough.

He has done pretty well with Burton, given their cash constraints, but his management cv is not otherwise great.

Brian Clough told the old school boards where to go; "**** you! **** you and **** you!" was the general mantra.  Two European Cups later spoke for themselves.

The first "**** you!" would see himself out on his arse under the current regime.  In fact, he would not be allowed in.

The stuffy, arrogant FA would not go near him, either.  

Our situation is not too dissimilar to that of the FA and many other businesses; the shop floor being run by people who know bugger all about the shop floor.

Archived