IGNORED

We will stay up.

MT1970

Reasons:

Rotherham are down.

Wigan are doomed looking at their run in.

City have lost 3 out of last 10 games.

Birmingham have lost 7 out of last 10 and Wolves and Forest have both lost 6 out of previous 10 and all three are actually in worst form than us.  Given we have been sh1t recently, they are all actually getting closer to us. (Astonishingly)

We play Wolves and Brum at AG.

We have a better run in than them all.. on paper.

We have 4 out of last 6 games at AG and 3/6 of the last games ar against two of our relegation rivals. 2 at AG.

So, let's believe, be positive and work on the Johnson out once our safety is secured.

16 minutes ago, MT1970 said:

Reasons:

Rotherham are down.

Wigan are doomed looking at their run in.

City have lost 3 out of last 10 games.

Birmingham have lost 7 out of last 10 and Wolves and Forest have both lost 6 out of previous 10 and all three are actually in worst form than us.  Given we have been sh1t recently, they are all actually getting closer to us. (Astonishingly)

We play Wolves and Brum at AG.

We have a better run in than them all.. on paper.

We have 4 out of last 6 games at AG and 3/6 of the last games ar against two of our relegation rivals. 2 at AG.

So, let's believe, be positive and work on the Johnson out once our safety is secured.

Thanks Lee, how's Dad ?

3 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

realistically we need 3 wins and 2 draws Qpr wolves and Brum draws at Brentford and Blackburn would do it fingers crossed

Barnsley have one win in ten or something like that and with playoffs looking unlikely I can see a home win. 

Cue bites from barnsley fans

16 minutes ago, woodsy62 said:

realistically we need 3 wins and 2 draws Qpr wolves and Brum draws at Brentford and Blackburn would do it fingers crossed

Sod that. Has to be wins all the way for me, I took advantage of a free £20 bet at 66/1 for us to be in the top half.

Stop being so negative :whistle:

30 minutes ago, winterbournered said:

Woah way too positive. 

You must be a happy clapper. 

No. I'm neither happy with anything I've seen at AG as of late and have not been clapping nowt either. Quite the opposite.

Just looking for some positives to cling to.

Do I believe we will stay up? Put it this way, I would not place a bet on it.

But the facts are there if you want to look into the state of other teams around us, so let's try and capitalise on that.

55 minutes ago, Vincent Vega said:

Can't see it I'm afraid.  We've just struggled to beat  2 of the poorest championship teams I've ever seen I think we need to win at least 4 more games to be safe we've won 3 since the 3rd of December. 

At the business end of the season nerves kick in as the prize of promotion or the fear of relegation suddenly loom large. 

Slick , winning teams suddenly lose their fluidity and confidence and relegation threatened clubs who are at the stage of ' nothing to lose ' can go on winning runs .

There will be many ' surprise ' results , starting with our win over Huddersfield. :fingerscrossed:

It's who is up for the battle that counts and in spite of everything it seems that most of our lads are ready .

I think it will go to the wire and I believe we will just sneak it .

1 hour ago, MT1970 said:

Reasons:

Really ? How is that possible ??? Gives me some hope .....

I think we will scrape it last home game of the season against Birmingham, accompanied by the chants of: "Zola out, Zola out, Zola out" 

Oh, and LJ gets a contract extension and Bonus for keeping us up....

And a cuddle from Uncle Steve .....

mwah, love you Uncle Stevie.... 

Love you toooooo little Lee... x

I've always thought that our April fixtures looked fairly kind, and I would presume that the run in would have been a massive consideration for the board as well. Easy selling points for Europa League Johnson to remind them - "But Steeeeeeve look at our last 7 or 8 games....I think we can nearly win them all."

But in all seriousness, we do have a good run in so any half decent gaffer should be able to get us the points we need.....

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Can't see it I'm afraid.  We've just struggled to beat  2 of the poorest championship teams I've ever seen I think we need to win at least 4 more games to be safe we've won 3 since the 3rd of December. 

Newcastle struggled to beat us and their not a bad team!

Don't **** up against Blackburn, Wolves especially and get points from Birmingham game and maybe staying up seems more likely.

Opposite view is screw those 3 up and that gives distance to relegation rivals and doesn't increase our tally meaning harder games e.g Brighton become must wins.

Overall I think we will stay up on goal difference. 

As much as I am firmly in the Johnson Out camp and in no way will even consider "getting behind the team" to prolong the agony I hope to God we stay up, because going down is unthinkable after the money that has been thrown at the squad. 

We should be mid table at least.

One thing is for sure sales of underpants are set to sore in the coming weeks.

I think it's a fight to avoid the last relegation place now - average points for championship survival over last 10 years is 47.

So realistically I think 5 are in the mini league now on less than 47 points. 

Quick look at the form tables and fixtures lists and the points guessed is very unscientific and fairly conservative.

• Burton - 41 - predict 8 more points = 49
  • Forest - 40 - predict 7 more points = 47
  • Wolves - 39 - Predict 7 more points = 46
  • City - 38 - Predict 9 more points = 47
  • Blackburn - 38 - Predict 9 more points = 47

It's going to be very close indeed and we may well need that relatively decent goal difference.

31 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

At the business end of the season nerves kick in as the prize of promotion or the fear of relegation suddenly loom large. 

Slick , winning teams suddenly lose their fluidity and confidence and relegation threatened clubs who are at the stage of ' nothing to lose ' can go on winning runs .

There will be many ' surprise ' results , starting with our win over Huddersfield. :fingerscrossed:

It's who is up for the battle that counts and in spite of everything it seems that most of our lads are ready .

I think it will go to the wire and I believe we will just sneak it .

Hope you're right Major . But using my eyes as a guide I just can't see it. 

Archived