IGNORED

We will stay up.

MT1970

11 minutes ago, 8menhadadream said:

I'm firmly in the 'Johnson out' camp but really hope the OP is correct and we stay up.

Looking at the remaining fixtures, I don't think Burton are safe, their run in is really tough!

No-one aside from Burton fans were expecting them to stay up this year - they don't have the added pressure of the bigger clubs. They are at least pretty well orgainsed.

If one of Wolves (if they don't pick up too many points with their games in hand), Forest, or even Brum can be dragged into the bottom three before the end of the season, I don't think they'll have the energy to get back out.

In an ideal scenario we beat Wolves and Blackburn and fluke a couple of other wins to be four points clear with one game left. Then we beat Brum with a last minute Matty Taylor scuffed shot in off the far post to send them down with the Wolves...

...nurse....nurse....

20 minutes ago, Wellspokenman said:

Really ? How is that possible ??? Gives me some hope .....

I think we will scrape it last home game of the season against Birmingham, accompanied by the chants of: "Zola out, Zola out, Zola out" 

Over the last 10 games, 

11 pts - City

10 pts - Forest & Wolves

9 pts - Wigan

7 pts - Brum

So these above have slipped with us down the league and these below have moved up:

16 pts - Burton

14 pts - Blackburn

But as we know, what matters most is the next ten games.

2 minutes ago, MT1970 said:

Over the last 10 games, 

11 pts - City

10 pts - Forest & Wolves

9 pts - Wigan

7 pts - Brum

So these above have slipped with us down the league and these below have moved up:

16 pts - Burton

14 pts - Blackburn

9 games??

Think if we can get twelve more points we will survive.

If we can get wins against Wolves, Blackburn and Birmingham, then we just need to scrape draws in three other games.

Harder to see where those will come from; maybe QPR would be one, but hard to see the others.

I am hoping the confidence from this weekend helps us kick on, but let's not shit ourselves - time is running out, and every game is vital.

I don't expect anything from the Huddersfield game; they are tremendous away from home.

It's not completely in our hands; if Blackburn and Wolves take advantage of their games in hand, it will come down to the games against them.

But I just hope there is enough fight in us to keep us in it until the last game.

2 minutes ago, samo II said:

Think if we can get twelve more points we will survive.

If we can get wins against Wolves, Blackburn and Birmingham, then we just need to scrape draws in three other games.

Harder to see where those will come from; maybe QPR would be one, but hard to see the others.

I am hoping the confidence from this weekend helps us kick on, but let's not shit ourselves - time is running out, and every game is vital.

I don't expect anything from the Huddersfield game; they are tremendous away from home.

It's not completely in our hands; if Blackburn and Wolves take advantage of their games in hand, it will come down to the games against them.

But I just hope there is enough fight in us to keep us in it until the last game.

Barnsley and Preston are probably the two I would pick.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Barnsley and Preston are probably the two I would pick.

Having just watched highlights of Preston absolutely demolishing Reading; unless we've got ourselves in much better nick before that game, I fear we'll get nowt.

I was presuming we'll need 50 points, but we might be okay with less - the hope is that someone like Forest or Birmingham or Wolves (less the last one, as think there games in hand will help) have a collapse over the next few games, and throw us a life-line by dropping into the fight with us.

I get a weird feeling we'll pull off a 'shock' in one of the upcoming games, and put a bit more pressure on those above us, but my worry is how inconsistent we are.

Would be helpful if we put a decent performance in next Friday, though I am fearful Huddersfield will be aiming to lump pressure on Brighton, who have to got to Leeds the following day, so will be 100% up for it.

1 hour ago, Major Isewater said:

At the business end of the season nerves kick in as the prize of promotion or the fear of relegation suddenly loom large. 

Slick , winning teams suddenly lose their fluidity and confidence and relegation threatened clubs who are at the stage of ' nothing to lose ' can go on winning runs .

There will be many ' surprise ' results , starting with our win over Huddersfield. :fingerscrossed:

It's who is up for the battle that counts and in spite of everything it seems that most of our lads are ready .

I think it will go to the wire and I believe we will just sneak it .

If we were to beat Huddersfield then I don't think it would go to the wire. A win on Friday would make me much more confident of picking up at least 6 more points from the remaining games and any more than 7 or 8 would see us staying up comfortably in my opinion.

40 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

No-one aside from Burton fans were expecting them to stay up this year - they don't have the added pressure of the bigger clubs. They are at least pretty well orgainsed.

If one of Wolves (if they don't pick up too many points with their games in hand), Forest, or even Brum can be dragged into the bottom three before the end of the season, I don't think they'll have the energy to get back out.

In an ideal scenario we beat Wolves and Blackburn and fluke a couple of other wins to be four points clear with one game left. Then we beat Brum with a last minute Matty Taylor scuffed shot in off the far post to send them down with the Wolves...

...nurse....nurse....

I wouldn't be surprised if brum sacked Zola soon 

1 hour ago, MT1970 said:

No. I'm neither happy with anything I've seen at AG as of late and have not been clapping nowt either. Quite the opposite.

Just looking for some positives to cling to.

Do I believe we will stay up? Put it this way, I would not place a bet on it.

But the facts are there if you want to look into the state of other teams around us, so let's try and capitalise on that.

'Twas tongue in cheek mate.

I'm glad to see a positive thread for a change amongst all the nastiness. 

I'm the same as you, would I have pulled the trigger by now? Yes. But SL has stood by his man and 3 defeats in 10 points towards a corner being turned. Not convinced myself but there are some very beatable teams to play yet. 

I'm just hoping LJ can recapture the end of last and beginning of this seasons form. 

33 minutes ago, Fiale said:

ScreenShot_20170312204324.png.ed2efb49a71bb32b3584e672a7f5091d.png

No way that Birmingham will get to 55 points. Their form is dreadful  but thanks to Rowett they already have 44 points, so would have to go on a losing streak of say 8-10 matches to really get drawn in to the relegation battle.

Can't imagine that ever happening under a manager at this level, oh sorry hang on...

It's quite plausible that Brum will lose their next 3, so any points we pick up would drag them into the dogfight. 

They do face Rotherham and Burton in April though so I'd predict they'll be on 52 points or so when we play them. 

4 hours ago, MT1970 said:

Over the last 10 games, 

11 pts - City

10 pts - Forest & Wolves

9 pts - Wigan

7 pts - Brum

16 pts - Burton

14 pts - Blackburn

9 games!

8 hours ago, MT1970 said:

...3/6 of the last games ar against two of our relegation rivals. 2 at AG.

Nope, I've read this loadsa times and I still don't understand what you mean...so, you're saying three out of six of our last games are against two of our relegation rivals....

How can three games be against two teams?! We ain't playing anyone home and away in that short space of time! 

Our last six games are against:

Wolves, QPR, Blackburn, Barnsley, Brighton, Brum.....so which 'three of those games are against two of our relegation rivals' - I'm still confused!

Nope, I've read this loadsa times and I still don't understand what you mean...so, you're saying three out of six of our last games are against two of our relegation rivals....

How can three games be against two teams?! We ain't playing anyone home and away in that short space of time! 

Wolves, QPR, Blackburn, Barnsley, Brighton, Brum.....so which 'three of those games are against two of our relegation rivals' - I'm still confused!

Nope, I've read this loadsa times and I still don't understand what you mean...so, you're saying three out of our last six games are against two of our relegation rivals....

Nope, I've read this loadsa times and I still don't understand what you mean...so, you're saying three out of our last six games are against two of our relegation rivals....

As was pointed out on another post, Birmingham are currently six points ahead of us with an inferior goal difference (-16, compared to our -7). If we can reduce that deficit to 3 points by the time we play them and also avoid heavy defeats which would materially worsen our goal difference, it's a possibility that we could face them on the last day knowing a win would see us overtake them.

Can you imagine a last day scenario with us needing to beat them to send them down, but with any other result seeing us relegated instead? Wouldn't be good for the nerves, that's for sure...but might just see a full stadium (albeit with a possibility of Birmingham fans in the home sections). 

43 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Sorry, could you say that again, I think I missed your post :fish:

Archived