IGNORED

Was Wigan yesterday this season's version of Fulham (A) last year?

JHAGa

The "problem" is that we play Huddersfield and at Brentford for the next two fixtures. I could see us getting no points from those two fixtures. I still think we'll survive this season - mostly because Rotherham & Wigan are hot garbage - but I wonder if the fans will turn further still if we lose the next two.

For me, the games against Brum, Blackburn, & Wolves are the most vital. Don't lose, and pick up points against the likes of Barnsley and we should be ok.

I reckon we survive by 4 points.

I was at the Fulham game last year and as a few have mentioned after the second half performance I was quite confident of staying up. I wasn't at Wigan game Saturday but from the limited highlights and fellow forum members who have given their views on the game I'm not confident. Particularly in light of the last few home games I've seen, they have been painful. Like many have said it will be touch and go if we stay up, games against Wolves, QPR, Blackburn and Birmingham being vital, if we do stay up the thought of Johnson and Co being there next season fills me with dread.

Archived