IGNORED

Us down, Them up

WTFiGO!?!

2 hours ago, Seventeen said:

To start off, I don't think we'll hit the PO or go up.

But... Teams chasing the PO's are not chasing Millwall. They're chasing Scunthorpe who have hit terrible form and picked up just 3 points in their last 8 games. Someone mentioned Rochdale, but they too seem to have ran out of steam/don't have the depth and picked up just 5 from their last 8.

Oxford are probably positioned best outside the PO but if they're gonna make a charge for it they have games against Bolton, away to a very good home team @ Northampton, Fleetwood, Bradford, a resurgent Shrewsbury and Millwall.

Southend actually have a decent run in but I just can't see PB motivating them to do it after his interview on Saturday. They didn't look that good either.

One thing though, I will never rule out anything with DC and this squad.

Suddenly hit me on Saturday that the G*s could do it. I've honestly not looked at the L1 table in a long time, but was struggling putting an acca together this weekend so done a bit of digging around the leagues (that was £10 I'm never seeing again!). I cannot tell you how much I enjoyed you lot slipping into non league, but credit where it's due, Dopey has done an incredible job there. The bloke makes my skin crawl, but the turnaround under him as been amazing, cap doffed to him. I really wouldn't like to have a pint with him anytime soon though, and you can print that, bastard :gasmask:

Valid point on Scunny as well, they were flying last time I looked at the league, bad run at a bad time

1 hour ago, Monkeh said:

if it happens it happens, ups and downs in football all the time, 

I'd hate it but what can you do?

This. As long as all the people I care about, and me, of course!, wake up the next day that's all I care about. Not something I like to think about, but it is only a game at the end of the day

1 hour ago, Rednwhiterob said:

We ain't going down.  Couldn't care less what they do.

You also assured everyone we would never be in the bottom 3 and that's already happened and I wouldn't bet against us being back in the bottom 3 come 17:00 Saturday either. I'm afraid it's very likely we will be relegated with LJ still in charge. Can't see the Gas quite making the play-offs or getting thru them if they do though - not that it will give me much solace if we are indeed relegated under LJ.

46 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

The last two seasons they kicked in with 8 games to go, and they got promoted both times!!! Unbeaten now in 9, 6 draws and 3 wins is bloody good form, although i hate admitting it

Think they drew a few too many in that run, they will probably ~(not that I pay much attention to them) but I think they will be top 10 or so- perhaps 8th.

4 minutes ago, Dolman Block B said:

Fair play, cant imagine if they went up and we went down. 

Yes that would be such an embarrassment.

Rewind back to spring 2015- we are all but up and that lot are still in the Conference, no guarantee that they will win the playoffs. Temporarily at least we were THREE divisions above them, us on an upward trajectory. Them- well who knows. The embarrassment factor would only be bumped up by the fact we signed their top scorer. It looked like we had finally got rid of the Gas- I remember May 3rd 2014 being a very good day. Them and Cardiff relegated on the same day! Oh, how we all laughed.

31 minutes ago, Mr Popodopolous said:

Yes that would be such an embarrassment.

Rewind back to spring 2015- we are all but up and that lot are still in the Conference, no guarantee that they will win the playoffs. Temporarily at least we were THREE divisions above them, us on an upward trajectory. Them- well who knows. The embarrassment factor would only be bumped up by the fact we signed their top scorer. It looked like we had finally got rid of the Gas- I remember May 3rd 2014 being a very good day. Them and Cardiff relegated on the same day! Oh, how we all laughed.

Dont please. I really cannot imagine how long the piss taking from that lot would go on!!!!!!!!!!

1 hour ago, old_eastender said:

You also assured everyone we would never be in the bottom 3 and that's already happened and I wouldn't bet against us being back in the bottom 3 come 17:00 Saturday either. I'm afraid it's very likely we will be relegated with LJ still in charge. Can't see the Gas quite making the play-offs or getting thru them if they do though - not that it will give me much solace if we are indeed relegated under LJ.

I'm still staying positive.  Not expecting much from Huddersfield but after that I see us pulling away from the bottom three.

5 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

At a great risk of showing weakness I ask honestly has this possibility crept into the back of others' minds?

What a ******* nightmare that would be.

Reassure me brethrens; it ain't happening.

This has been worrying me for ages now. They had that really bad run and still they're in with a shout all be it a slim one. God L1 must be really crap this season.

I said it a few weeks back on another thread, the SAGS are like a pack of wild frothing dogs in the pit waiting for the net to drop as we plummet. Their mental well being and blood pressure must have taken a right bashing over the last 16 odd years:laugh:, so they must be cracking each other off thinking about it.

The only consolation would be the possibility of seeing them P46 W0 L46 as they would get absolutely battered week in week out, so it would be funny while we're smashing L1 to pieces.

If it happens, then so be it, let them have their one season of gloating and then we can have another 16 years of ripping the shite out of them.

8 hours ago, WTFiGO!?! said:

At a great risk of showing weakness I ask honestly has this possibility crept into the back of others' minds?

What a ******* nightmare that would be.

Reassure me brethrens; it ain't happening.

'Crept' into others minds???

The thought has haunted me all year. Even worse would be being lower in the table after almost 20 years.

21 hours ago, North London Red said:

Rovers are best priced at 30-1 for promotion. City are best priced at 3-1 for relegation. Both prices are available with Paddy Power, so pairing the two in an accumulator would give 90-1. As insurance bets go, it's worth consideration especially given how awful the outcome would be if both came in. 

A double at the prices which you have quoted is 123-1, bookmakers are not renowned for their generosity so that outcome is highly improbable.

14 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

It could very well become reality....an horrendous thought and the 'Mind The Gap' stuff would be well and truly rammed down our throats, they have real momentum, we didn't bother to build on ours...simple as that really....very disappointing...

I have to agree.

For 16 years you have been in front of us in the league standings, have had millions upon millions spent on you.Spent a long period in the championship and got a new stadium built at AG.Yet despite all that, and the fact that Bristol Rovers FC went free - fall through its darkest period ever (from 2001 - 2014)  You never pressed down your advantage on us and took your club to that next level which you should had.

And now Bristol Rovers FC are back from the brink and being run well and with real ambition for the future under new ownership.New training ground already being built , UWE coming soon - "hopefully" and a talented group of players that have been together with our greatest ever manager at the helm for the past 3 years.

For the first time ever it's not about just being the best in Bristol once more, it's about BRFC being the best version of its self and reaching our longer term potential.

As for this season -  we can make the playoffs.I personally think it will come down to the millwall game, but even if we miss out we have a team that will be challenging in the top six next season as DC has already started his building for a real push next season.

I think you will stay up, and we will stay down. But dispute your struggles this year both clubs have real great looking futures over the next decade in ways that Bristol Football has never seen before.

Archived