IGNORED

Gary Rowett Derby boss?

ontariored

And now Pardew is apparently talking to Norwich, we are going to miss out on another proven Championship manager - unbelievable....oh well, as long as LJ continues to learn his trade while we plummet through the divisions...heaven forbid we appoint a proven, successful manager....nah, let the other clubs snap those guys up...pathetic...

12 hours ago, ontariored said:

Read on BBC website Gary Rowett to be new Derby boss? Are we missing out again!

7 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And now Pardew is apparently talking to Norwich, we are going to miss out on another proven Championship manager - unbelievable....oh well, as long as LJ continues to learn his trade while we plummet through the divisions...heaven forbid we appoint a proven, successful manager....nah, let the other clubs snap those guys up...pathetic...

Neither of which would've come to City anyway. Pie in the sky.

14 minutes ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, I'm sure both would've been very tempted. Whether we'd pay the wages for them and any preferred staff is a different question.

Maybe it's the pessimist in me but I just don't think they would've been. I think our best bet is a Uwe Rosler type. God I'd love to see Rosler here.

10 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Maybe it's the pessimist in me but I just don't think they would've been. I think our best bet is a Uwe Rosler type. God I'd love to see Rosler here.

If we offered them the right money they'd come I'm sure. Lots of managers would be very tempted in theory.

Whether Lansdown would give the very best managers a) the right money and b) enough autonomy is a different matter that would be stop lots of managers coming here.

9 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Gary Rowett never wanted to come here according to some Burton fans I spoke to before the game the other week, he was apparently waiting for a job closer to home, Pardew would never come here because we arent a big enough club for his ego,

the fact there isn't a vacancy here as well doesn't help our case,

55 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

We were never going to convince him considering the clubs he could 've joined and he turned down.

Of course we could have. Derby seems the idea job for him, but do you really think if we had sacked LJ a fortnight ago and made Rowett a great wage offer, great incentives, opportunity to run the club how he wants and options to bring in his own people he'd really turn it down? Of course he wouldn't.

We are an attractive club, SL backs his managers, he gives them time. Managers believe in themselves and would want the glory of making us a premier league club.

Problem is that I can't imagine us making such a generous offer to many managers and I get the impression that the board want to retain an element of control, not give someone free reign.

15 hours ago, ontariored said:

Read on BBC website Gary Rowett to be new Derby boss? Are we missing out again!

Definitely not, he's done nothing at this level , a short spell at Birmingham , all his small achievement's are all at low level. Not experienced and is most probably a easy fit / cheap option. Derby are welcome . If we ever move on from the Johnson 'family' I hope SL puts his money into an experienced manager who has managed in the premier league , a 'name' , we have the stadium the training ground the infrastructure the squad we have just under 20,000 attendances . However we have NEVER had a quality manager to go with it. Bit like having a competitive racing car with a first time driver at the controls . They try hard but ultimately they don't have the skills to succeed.

2 hours ago, Monkeh said:

Gary Rowett never wanted to come here according to some Burton fans I spoke to before the game the other week, he was apparently waiting for a job closer to home, Pardew would never come here because we arent a big enough club for his ego,

the fact there isn't a vacancy here as well doesn't help our case,

What do you mean he never wanted to come here . Complete crap , how can he turn down a job that was never available :facepalm:

Archived