IGNORED

Gary Rowett Derby boss?

ontariored

13 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

And now Pardew is apparently talking to Norwich, we are going to miss out on another proven Championship manager - unbelievable....oh well, as long as LJ continues to learn his trade while we plummet through the divisions...heaven forbid we appoint a proven, successful manager....nah, let the other clubs snap those guys up...pathetic...

Your deluded to think Pardew would come and manage us.

5 hours ago, Phileas Fogg said:

Not really, I'm sure both would've been very tempted. Whether we'd pay the wages for them and any preferred staff is a different question.

Pardew is in talks with Norwich about their aspirations to get back to the premiership and will only join if they match his. He would be able to see we are a long way off the premiership at this time.

4 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I hate the over-use of the word 'deluded' on here....Pardew managed Saints in league one after being a Premier League boss, no reason why he wouldn't take a championship role. Perhaps you're d*****d ?

Sorry.

I just really don't think at this stage of his career he would be taking lower championship jobs.

He has cemented himself as a lower premier or top championship manager.

46 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Sssh!!!! Don't say that...you'll be told off around here for saying big names won't come to us!

Kevin Oghenetega Tamaraebi Bakumo-Abraham came to us! Not as manager, i'll give you. But that is a big name. 

AND no doubt an up and coming manager

6 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

Sssh!!!! Don't say that...you'll be told off around here for saying big names won't come to us!

Well let's just stick to the 'unknown' who's taken us from a play off spot to a relegation place in less than five dismal months.....let's not even approach any proven names, because you are certain that they won't be interested in a club like ours....what rubbish...

15 hours ago, GJS said:

Pardew is in talks with Norwich about their aspirations to get back to the premiership and will only join if they match his. He would be able to see we are a long way off the premiership at this time.

It all depends on how we sell the club and the conditions of an offer. My reply was mainly to people saying it's "impossible" to tempt managers of that pedigree, it's not. It's all about what we can offer them. If the offer was good enough, we could attract lots of good managers here i'm sure.

12 hours ago, brizzlelou said:

It's basic common sense! Why would a manager who is so in demand want to go to a club fighting relegation?

It's not "basic common sense" - league position is temporary and can be reversed in months - do you really think if we made either of them a great offer which allowed full autonomy, their own staff, great incentives and wage they'd turn it down? I think both Pardew and Rowett would be tempted.

Despite the poor run we've been on, the club has massive potential and a patient benefactor who backs and supports his managers. You need to look at the bigger picture and not just the short term - as a manger would.

Despite all that though, I don't think those in control of the club would make such an ambitious offer that would tempt such managers.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well let's just stick to the 'unknown' who's taken us from a play off spot to a relegation place in less than five dismal months.....let's not even approach any proven names, because you are certain that they won't be interested in a club like ours....what rubbish...

Where did I say to stick with LJ? The guy is so clearly out of his depth it's unbelievable. Check my previous posts and you'll see that I've no confidence in him at all. But listen to yourself, you think that a manager who is being offered top jobs would choose us over them? 

Some fans are delusional thinking top managers will come into this club and we would change all the background staff to suit their needs.  The only top manager we could have got in would have been Warnock but this backward club couldn't see what he can do with a club short term.  Now look at where Cardiff are compared to us. 

1 hour ago, brizzlelou said:

Where did I say to stick with LJ? The guy is so clearly out of his depth it's unbelievable. Check my previous posts and you'll see that I've no confidence in him at all. But listen to yourself, you think that a manager who is being offered top jobs would choose us over them? 

I wouldn't say that Forest is that much more attractive as a job than us, yet Rowett, Warburton and Clough spoke to them. And I haven't seen Pardew or Adkins being offered top jobs yet...

9 hours ago, LoyalRed said:

Some fans are delusional thinking top managers will come into this club and we would change all the background staff to suit their needs.  The only top manager we could have got in would have been Warnock but this backward club couldn't see what he can do with a club short term.  Now look at where Cardiff are compared to us. 

I've been lambasted by 2 posters on here for suggesting this (minus the warnock bit). I'm shocked at how ******* delusional some of our fellow fans are! Too much fifa and football manager.

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I wouldn't say that Forest is that much more attractive as a job than us, yet Rowett, Warburton and Clough spoke to them. And I haven't seen Pardew or Adkins being offered top jobs yet...

Forest are a much bigger team than us!!!!! Managers have huge egos and returning a top club to where they should be is a big enough draw for them! Didn't mention Adkins and really would not want him here anyway. As for Pardew....he's linked with Norwich...or are they not as big a draw as us? Jesus, I love city as much as you but mate, you've got to admit when your missus is a moose and right now city are a ******* moose!!!!

2 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

Forest are a much bigger team than us!!!!! Managers have huge egos and returning a top club to where they should be is a big enough draw for them! Didn't mention Adkins and really would not want him here anyway. As for Pardew....he's linked with Norwich...or are they not as big a draw as us? Jesus, I love city as much as you but mate, you've got to admit when your missus is a moose and right now city are a ******* moose!!!!

I remember I used to go on Moose hunts with my mates of a weekend. God, I had some real Moose's or is it still Moose? Anyway, they were happier days and I won the pot more often than not!

44 minutes ago, brizzlelou said:

I've been lambasted by 2 posters on here for suggesting this (minus the warnock bit). I'm shocked at how ******* delusional some of our fellow fans are! Too much fifa and football manager.

If someone had've told me in October (just before we played them at their place) that come mid-March there is NO CHANCE Cardiff will go down and EVERY CHANCE we will go down, I would've have called them mad. This alone shows how totally ridiculous the fall has been. INEXCUSABLE

3 minutes ago, AppyDAZE said:

If someone had've told me in October (just before we played them at their place) that come mid-March there is NO CHANCE Cardiff will go down and EVERY CHANCE we will go down, I would've have called them mad. This alone shows how totally ridiculous the fall has been. INEXCUSABLE

Agree

Archived