IGNORED

Last game versus Brum scenario.

Ashtonwurzel

Would Birmingham allow us to play David Cotterill against them if they are safe and we are not ?

Obviously if they need any points then no but say for instance that we agree to take him off their hands on a permanent deal in the Summer if he is allowed to play.

What a crazy situation could evolve with DC smacking one in the top corner in the 93rd minute (against his parent club) to give us the 4-3 victory and safety whilst sending Wolves down instead !!

Personally I can never understand how a player on loan is allowed to play against their own club, potential conflict of interest and all that, but this time it could work in our favour.

LJ's fault ?

8 minutes ago, Ashtonwurzel said:

Would Birmingham allow us to play David Cotterill against them if they are safe and we are not ?

Obviously if they need any points then no but say for instance that we agree to take him off their hands on a permanent deal in the Summer if he is allowed to play.

What a crazy situation could evolve with DC smacking one in the top corner in the 93rd minute (against his parent club) to give us the 4-3 victory and safety whilst sending Wolves down instead !!

Personally I can never understand how a player on loan is allowed to play against their own club, potential conflict of interest and all that, but this time it could work in our favour.

LJ's fault ?

How on earth could that be his fault?!

Originally , there was no rule and it couldn't be written into a loan deal. It was 'gentleman's agreement' , that may have changed as I remember a few arguments caused.

Not very often it happens though, so I'm doubtful.

It will already be decided either way.

52.7    During the period of any Temporary Loan Transfer, a Player shall not play against his Transferor Club without the prior written permission of the Transferor Club (which, if given, must be indicated on the appropriate Temporary Loan Transfer form). 

http://www.efl.com/global/section6.aspx

August 1997 away to Northampton. John Ward permitted David Seal to play against City whilst on loan to the Cobblers. Colin Crambe put City 1-0 up, but then Dave Seal equalised and laid on the winner. :grr: Afterwards, JW could not see anything wrong. "If Dave hadn't scored against us, someone else would have".

I forgot the Cotterill loan thing when I was talking to a family member about playing Brum for our last home game of the season this morning. They reminded me we have history against Brum, they sent us down last time. The player who scored the goal which condemned us...Wade Elliott!

Whilst in Newcastle I went into Wilkinsons (refuse to call it Wilkos) and the cashier asked if I was from Bristol, expecting him to talk about the match he surprised me and asked how DC was getting on, he then informed me he was a Birmingham fan, and how he was gutted DC left as he is regarded as one of their better players by the fans.

30 minutes ago, weepywall said:

Don't think it will be an issue, I will be very surprised if we are not down by the last game, would love to be wrong though.

you are a pessimist in the extreme !  if our other 15000 plus  think like that until the season end  then we will go down  THINK POSITIVE  ( LIKE COTTS  USED TO  NOT  NEGATIVE  LIKE  SOD   WHO LESS FACE IT  DIDNOT EVEN TRY TO STOP US GETTING RELEGATED   4 YEARS AGO !

Archived