IGNORED

SEASON TICKET PRICES HAVE JUST BEEN ANNOUNCED

RedM

2 hours ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Can you really tell me from deep in your heart, that you can see this incompetent coach saving us from L1?   If so,  tell me why you think he will!

It may well end up the case. But if you want to give up hope, feel free. 

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I'm 22, been a season ticket holder since i was 6.  My ticket for center Dolman has gone up £114 now i am a year older. Where is the incentive to renew my ticket ? wheres my free shirt ? wheres my discounted tickets for friends ? what league and quality will i be watching ? 

They are failing to appeal to the next generation of fans regardless of what league we are in. 

Far cheaper options than central dolman? 

16 minutes ago, ojjy said:

What utter bull. The reasons that they appear better off is they still have the concept of saving for things and not putting everything on credit taking a 1000 years to pay stuff back.  Oh and having a TV in every room and sky Q isn't necessary and can save you a fortune,  might even help you pay for your season ticket! :laugh:

BTW I'm not a pensioner but work 50 hour week with a mortgage!

I think triple lock pensions and a 300% increase in house prices in the last 20 years might also have something to do with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-38948369

PS - one telly, freesat.

3 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I think triple lock pensions and a 300% increase in house prices in the last 20 years might also have something to do with it.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/amp/business-38948369

House value only relevant if you release equity or downsize - in reality the next generation will be inheriting more than any generation before 

2 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I'm 22, been a season ticket holder since i was 6.  My ticket for center Dolman has gone up £114 now i am a year older. Where is the incentive to renew my ticket ? wheres my free shirt ? wheres my discounted tickets for friends ? what league and quality will i be watching ? 

They are failing to appeal to the next generation of fans regardless of what league we are in. 

They're bending over backwards to make the cost affordable for younger people. Back in the day I was having to pay adult prices at 16 to watch City. My paper round money went all on City. Luckily I had some savings (money that was meant for driving lessons when I turned 17) that saw me alright for a couple of beers every now and then.

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

House value only relevant if you release equity or downsize - in reality the next generation will be inheriting more than any generation before 

A fair point Bob, but before we inherit we will be spending the majority of our lives paying much bigger mortgages for smaller properties.

And that's assuming your parents don't live to 110 and spend the last 30 years in a £1000/week nursing home!!!

3 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Indeed, and although it's off topic, the mortgage rates are so low these days compared to the double figure rates I paid for many years!

On the other hand the savings I have generate diddly squat in interest!

Back on topic, I can afford to renew, but I won't for the same reason as most. I cannot believe SL continues to back LJ. If he wanted to back a manager in blind faith then he was one manager too late IMO

In case anyone is interested (and it may have already been mentioned by the grammar nazis), having taken a look at the very oddly composed 'Joe Bryan' season ticket promo picture, I noticed that the club are referring to 'advanced 2017/18 season cards'. If I'm renewing (I'm not comitting either way yet) then I'd much rather be taking up an 'advance 2017/18 season card' offer. It's not that complicated. Well, maybe it is.

(All grammatical errors made in this post are intentional.)

1 minute ago, Frenchay Red said:

Indeed, and although it's off topic, the mortgage rates are so low these days compared to the double figure rates I paid for many years!

On the other hand the savings I have generate diddly squat in interest!

Back on topic, I can afford to renew, but I won't for the same reason as most. I cannot believe SL continues to back LJ. If he wanted to back a manager in blind faith then he was one manager too late IMO

The lowest mortgage rates are available to those with enormous deposits or large amounts of equity. It's very difficult for the generation below me (I'm 33) to even get on the ladder in the first place. And low rates are still expensive when the properties themselves cost so much.

Don't want to overstate it though, I'm certainly not pleading poverty. I'm fortunate enough to have a comfortable lifestyle. It's just my observation that OAP discount doesn't make as much sense now as it did 30 years ago - as recent reports suggest.

On topic - I'm a member and I'll be sticking with that!

38 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

The lowest mortgage rates are available to those with enormous deposits or large amounts of equity. It's very difficult for the generation below me (I'm 33) to even get on the ladder in the first place. And low rates are still expensive when the properties themselves cost so much.

Don't want to overstate it though, I'm certainly not pleading poverty. I'm fortunate enough to have a comfortable lifestyle. It's just my observation that OAP discount doesn't make as much sense now as it did 30 years ago - as recent reports suggest.

On topic - I'm a member and I'll be sticking with that!

Fair enough, but there's bugger all to get excited about in later years apart from some wrinklie discount ;)

3 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

Welcome to the adult world!

Interesting points on this thread

Just playing devils advocate but could some posters be accused of being fickle by not renewing?  Or for any people happy to show unconditional support by renewing, are they being "shafted"?

FWIW I'll be buying a SC for next season simply because I love City and love match days.  Don't get me wrong, I don't want LJ anywhere near the club but I just love City too much to stay away.

I won't be feeling shafted (I'm sure Rudolph Hucker could sort that though) :blink:

Ours don't go on sale until April, mine is £300 for next season, the same price as this season, I sit in the equivalent of half way up in S24 block, cracking value if we're watching young hungry talented players playing 442 attacking football with plenty of power and pace like this season, If we return to type and end up watching negative defensive shite with over paid journey men panic buys then it'll be a rip off. That's the risk you take paying your wedge up front, I think our pricing is just about spot on for Championship and League One football. 

13 hours ago, Tinmans Love Child said:

Seems crazy to release prices now, surely a % drop should we get relegated could have been included?  Seems common sense has not prevailed.  

If we did go down, it would have been a great chance to do what Bradford did and dramatically reduce prices to encourage fans to get season tickets despite the fact we went down, and therefore increase the number buying.

I am amazed that is not built in to the offer or am I not surprised at all? Trying to figure out which most closely resembles the mind set.

It' s all very well demanding a reduction in ticket prices..... yet we have 15 pages of threads on the transfer forum listing expensive players we should buy.

If I wanted discounts I would go to Lidl. If I wanted cheap football I would go up the Downs. If I wanted success I would support Chelsea (having been a lifelong fan of Leicester for 8 months).

Maybe I just can't get all these things from Bristol City. But they are my club, not the owner's, not the manager's...and always will be.

So I will be back next season. I may be very well be mad. But I am a City fan. OTIB COYR.

11 hours ago, Snufflelufagus said:

I'm in the atyeo and the deadline of deciding 25th or 26th basically is just unrealistic for most fans. Most people get paid the end of  the month so again a totally stupid timescale.

Ever heard of  financial planning? It's no surprise this is when they were going on sale?  

11 hours ago, Furious Custard said:

I agree in part, but a more needs to be done to retain young supporters. At this moment in time I could happily walk away. I will see how I feel on April 21st. 

To be fair the club now have an under 25 ticket so the increase in price isn't so drastic. This wasn't the case a few seasons back. I think you should appreciate how fortunate you've been.

I would love to have the offer of cheaper tickets, or at least in the event of D1 football a reduction. Thing is , many on here including myself , wanted cheaper tickets after promotion but the proof of the pudding etc. We were approaching gates of 20k , this says that they actually got it right, or close to. I think much of the fanbase were/are so desperate for success that they could have pitched the price higher and the gates wouldn't have suffered much .This pretty much plays into the clubs , and SL's , matra of ' bloody well come whatever' !
If , by some perfect storm of results , we stay up I think that idea will be reinforced as gates will be similar to this year. If the likely scenario happens, well , they could be in for a shock. I would guess a drop in STs of several thousand, not through any protest , natural choices. Many will wait and see if we have a year like our last relegation first year, or the second season success.  I guess they wanted to cash in on any remaining confidence in staying up, and we are (for now) a Championship side. It must be a deliberate choice to put it out now, wouldn't take much to put it off for a month or two and still give 10 months for HP payments. But then we could be buried and they may worry about losing more 'customers' . I do feel it would be a nice gesture , and one that will go some way in changing the rapidly darkening perception of the club, if they reduced the price after the fact if we are relegated. My guess would be that they wont.  

16 hours ago, SODS_LAW said:

Stance? It's not a stance it's me supporting the team I've supported for 30 years and no one man will stop me doing that, I'd still be buying a season ticket even if we're in the confrence. Nobody's shafting me I spend my hard earned money on what ever I want.

I think youll find its people who think like you who are the issue. If you don't want to buy a season ticket next year that's fine I don't give a dam, you'll come crawling back as soon as you sniff a bit of success.

Thanks for your unwavering support.

There seems o be a big for and against when it comes to season tickets, one side painted as the superfan who goes regardless and the other as traitors for not renewing. That's not the case here.

The way I see it is plain and simple: I love the club and the club is being murdered by inept business leadership and terrible football management. We're looking increasingly likely to be relegated without changing the manager who is largely to blame for a lot of this failure.

If we go down there's no guarantee of success like some have suggested. We'll undoubtedly lose key players whilst keeping the same manager.

Now, if I and 14,000 others renew our season tickets what does that tell our board? It tells them that the fans are happy with the direction the club and it's leadership is going.

Guess what: the majority of fans, even casual supporters, are not happy. If fore-fitting my season ticket for a season ensures that Johnson goes and the board change their way of thinking then that is a huge victory. I do that because I love the club, not because I'm a glory hunter. I don't want to see something I support passionately be ruined from the inside. The only thing fans can do in such times is boycott the club to save it.

Superfans and loyalists crack on, spend your money how you wish, but in my personal opinion not renewing is the only way to save the club right now, as Lansdown, and indeed Johnson, only take notice if bums aren't on seats and coins not in coffers.

I have not taken a season ticket for years, I pick and choose my games nowadays, (been to most home games this year) but next year will be different. If we stay up, fine carry on watching nearly every home game. If relegated, well they can stick there season tickets up there arse the way this situation and probable relegation is being allowed to happen! Absolute suicide management/leadership at the top end of the club, how is this being allowed to happen?

Pissed off big time!

1 hour ago, View from the Dolman said:

Why? Do disabled people get free concert, theatre and cinema tickets?

No, but football clubs are (or should be) an important part of the local community, and people with disabilities often have low incomes, so surely it's reasonable to make football accessible for them financially as well as physically?

Rovers currently charge £120, which includes a season ticket for a carer.

With regard to no reduction in prices if relegation happens - clubs tend to justify it by stating that their operating expenses will not decrease in a lower division. 

7 minutes ago, In the Net said:

No, but football clubs are (or should be) an important part of the local community, and people with disabilities often have low incomes, so surely it's reasonable to make football accessible for them financially as well as physically?

I certainly don't object to sensible pricing taking everything into consideration.

I have opposed posts previously where some users have suggested we've overdone the number of disabled places in the new Ashton Gate. I think the club has done a good job of catering for supporters with disabilities.

I just found the suggestion that it should be entirely free slightly surprising.

15 minutes ago, In the Net said:

With regard to no reduction in prices if relegation happens - clubs tend to justify it by stating that their operating expenses will not decrease in a lower division. 

But equally there will be supporters with disabilities that earn strong money. 

Just don't think it's practical to means-test people based on who might or might not be earning as much as someone else.

Also, I don't believe the minimum wage is different for people with a disability, so there shouldn't be any real difference between someone without a disability and their ability to pay and someone with additional life challenges.

13 hours ago, CiderCraig said:

It may well end up the case. But if you want to give up hope, feel free. 

I gave up hope as soon as this man was appointed, I knew he wasn't the one for the job and if you read my posts from that time, you will know this.

Archived