IGNORED

A bullet at anytime......

Jerseybean

The timing of this article is interesting, why now methinks. Is it simply cos several Championship managers have been sacked recently or does LJ expect a tap on the shoulder during the International break?

Personally I anticipate LJ will be at the helm for the remainder of this season.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-head-coach-lee-johnson-admits-you-can-get-a-bullet-at-any-time-in-this-business/story-30203176-detail/story.html#oMdGQA28sIIDWdSk.99

3 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

He's not short of fans and players a like to hand him his p45, he's a joke and has no morals, I've never heard a  Bristol City manager slagged off and laughed at by both players and fans we've zero chance of staying up.

I'm far from a Lee Johnson fan but what evidence is there for that statement? And please don't tell me 'if he did he'd do the decent thing and resign' :facepalm:

2 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

He's not short of fans and players a like to hand him his p45, he's a joke and has no morals, I've never heard a  Bristol City manager slagged off and laughed at by both players and fans we've zero chance of staying up.

Thanks for clarifying that up :chant6ez:

4 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

What players are slagging off and laughing at LJ  ?

To be honest I think most people have just accepted that he isn't likely to be going anywhere anytime soon. This season at least. Most have probably just decided that we need to get behind the players to give them that extra bit to get them going, because the thought of us going back into League 1 is depressing, in more ways than one.

I personally think that a management team of Stevie Wonder and Ray Charles would do a better job than Junior and his sidekick Holden, but there we go.

7 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

p45 or colt 45 ? :whistle:

9 hours ago, Jerseybean said:

The timing of this article is interesting, why now methinks. Is it simply cos several Championship managers have been sacked recently or does LJ expect a tap on the shoulder during the International break?

Personally I anticipate LJ will be at the helm for the remainder of this season.

http://www.bristolpost.co.uk/bristol-city-head-coach-lee-johnson-admits-you-can-get-a-bullet-at-any-time-in-this-business/story-30203176-detail/story.html#oMdGQA28sIIDWdSk.99

These are quotes from his pre-Wigan press conference. I saw them on Sky and BBC last Friday. 

He is going nowhere, that has been explained many times by SL. Sl wants to gamble , and it his money and club he is gambling with. If we stay up, he can hardly claim he was right all along, it has been an awful season, awful football, and totally bewildering at all levels. If we go down, I am not sure what he will say. Sorry ? I don't think so, probably something along the lines of we have been here before etc, we will be stronger and we come back. 

I do wish they would explain the master plan though, because in every smug interview we are lead to believe they have a secret plan, that they are unable to share with us because it is so unique and cunning they don't want to let the secret out of the bag . Well it must be a real belter, we have the worst manager and coach in history, our head scout who was brought in to lead the revolution lasted a few months, we have a coaching team that have won nothing between them at any level, we have no one running anything at the club that has championship never mind premier league experience, and a team that changes every game, within the game, and has no discernible pattern of play or organisation. We have signed 19 players , 6 in January , all of whom have been made worse by the coaching team. We have no right back at the club, but let go a player he might possibly get in the PFA team of the season and be playing Prem football next year, and CB who may well contribute to our relegation. We were told that we would not sell our top scorer to another club in our league, then did just that a few days later. We rushed to sign Engvall, paying a near transfer record fee, with the head coach stating "He’s a Swedish international who has excellent finishing ability. I’m sure he will adjust quickly to the pace and tempo of the Sky Bet Championship and when he does he’ll be really dangerous " . After a few minutes on the pitch in 37 games, the adjustment has not been rapid and the whole transfer , again for a near record fee , clearly flawed. Not slightly either. Just to finish off the whole sage, a leading member of the management team then leaves the playing staff wages on a table in a coffee shop, that is then posted on the internet. The list could go on and on and on. 

But then we were warned about this, MA very early on saying "Do you know what I think is going on with Bristol City at the moment? Everyone is looking over the fence and going 'ooh, what's happening here'? Indeed, he was not joking was he. 

LJ getting a bullet ? With the total shambles and incompetence displayed so far not being enough to get him fired, he will take us into the conference before SL swallows his pride. 

7 minutes ago, Psychopomp said:

He is going nowhere, that has been explained many times by SL. Sl wants to gamble , and it his money and club he is gambling with. If we stay up, he can hardly claim he was right all along, it has been an awful season, awful football, and totally bewildering at all levels. If we go down, I am not sure what he will say. Sorry ? I don't think so, probably something along the lines of we have been here before etc, we will be stronger and we come back. 

I do wish they would explain the master plan though, because in every smug interview we are lead to believe they have a secret plan, that they are unable to share with us because it is so unique and cunning they don't want to let the secret out of the bag . Well it must be a real belter, we have the worst manager and coach in history, our head scout who was brought in to lead the revolution lasted a few months, we have a coaching team that have won nothing between them at any level, we have no one running anything at the club that has championship never mind premier league experience, and a team that changes every game, within the game, and has no discernible pattern of play or organisation. We have signed 19 players , 6 in January , all of whom have been made worse by the coaching team. We have no right back at the club, but let go a player he might possibly get in the PFA team of the season and be playing Prem football next year, and CB who may well contribute to our relegation. We were told that we would not sell our top scorer to another club in our league, then did just that a few days later. We rushed to sign Engvall, paying a near transfer record fee, with the head coach stating "He’s a Swedish international who has excellent finishing ability. I’m sure he will adjust quickly to the pace and tempo of the Sky Bet Championship and when he does he’ll be really dangerous " . After a few minutes on the pitch in 37 games, the adjustment has not been rapid and the whole transfer , again for a near record fee , clearly flawed. Not slightly either. Just to finish off the whole sage, a leading member of the management team then leaves the playing staff wages on a table in a coffee shop, that is then posted on the internet. The list could go on and on and on. 

But then we were warned about this, MA very early on saying "Do you know what I think is going on with Bristol City at the moment? Everyone is looking over the fence and going 'ooh, what's happening here'? Indeed, he was not joking was he. 

LJ getting a bullet ? With the total shambles and incompetence displayed so far not being enough to get him fired, he will take us into the conference before SL swallows his pride. 

2 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

Cant disagree with any of that. 

It is a farce and it does appear to me that SL is more than prepared to see us relegated. For those that say it too late to change the manager, sorry head coach, Steve Gibson didn't see it that way earlier today and nobody can argue that he doesn't have the best interests at heart for his club.

Relegation would be a massive blow to this club and its now looking inevitable, its also looking like we are a club completely devoid of respect for the fans and an understanding of what a football club represents to its supporters.

21 hours ago, BRISTOL86 said:

I'm far from a Lee Johnson fan but what evidence is there for that statement? And please don't tell me 'if he did he'd do the decent thing and resign' :facepalm:

Firstly a "group" of more senior players laughed and joked when I stopped and asked them if they'd give something to Lee Johnson from me, one said what, I pretended to pull out something from my coat and said here we go it's his P45, they all laughed and I got an offer from a very well respected player to hand it to him!

I repeated the joke to another couple of players and a member of the back room staff separately; all burst out laughing and another proceeded to say what his personal opinion of his tactical decisions were. 

The words clueless, useless and effing clown were mentioned.

Thats at least 7 off the top of my head and 100% of all I spoke to, that's why I'm resigned to relegation, the players think he's a joke, he simply commands no respect and that's a serious worry given out position.

Im not going to name the players but they were very much part of the first team.

24 minutes ago, YorkshireSection said:

Firstly a "group" of more senior players laughed and joked when I stopped and asked them if they'd give something to Lee Johnson from me, one said what, I pretended to pull out something from my coat and said here we go it's his P45, they all laughed and I got an offer from a very well respected player to hand it to him!

I repeated the joke to another couple of players and a member of the back room staff separately; all burst out laughing and another proceeded to say what his personal opinion of his tactical decisions were. 

Thats at least 7 off the top of my head and 100% of all I spoke to, that's why I'm resigned to relegation, the players think he's a joke, he simply commands no respect and that's a serious worry given out position.

Im not going to name the players but they were very much part of the first team.

I spoke to the rest of the team and they all loved him and they said the 7 you spoke to are known for lying!

23 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Which players have slagged him off?

2 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

All very interesting, but not sure how this answers the question about why you feel LJ has no morals. If anything, I'd suggest it brings into question the morals of this should spoke to. 

5 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

That's all very interesting (and scary!) but what does that have to do with Lee Johnson's morals?! 

11 hours ago, Psychopomp said:

....we have no one running anything at the club that has championship never mind premier league experience....

I do love a good rant, and I agree with a lot of what you have to say...but I think it's only fair to point out that our Chief Operating Officer was a Director at West Bromwich Albion for 14 years and he was Chief Executive Officer at Watford for 5 years...so your statement above is essentially incorrect...

8 hours ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I do love a good rant, and I agree with a lot of what you have to say...but I think it's only fair to point out that our Chief Operating Officer was a Director at West Bromwich Albion for 14 years and he was Chief Executive Officer at Watford for 5 years...so your statement above is essentially incorrect...

You are correct I was thinking more on playing side, so yes we have one person. Indeed was part of Watford team that got to Prem,  Check what role he had at WBA though and what the thoughts are regarding his time at Watford. Much of which is being replicated at AG it seems. 

Archived