IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Huddersfield Town Match Day Thread (Merged)

hantsred

2 minutes ago, chinapig said:

Pretty much what Jon Stead said on Sky.

It was nice to see Jon, top guy who always gave his all for us.

I saw him at half time, the stream stopped at the end so didn't see him then.

hought he spoke well of us.  I know he liked his time here, but it must still of hurt as he loves Huddersfield

9 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Tonight just shows how high pressing and tempo can disrupt even the best of teams. Something weve hardly done since about November and my sole theory on why weve struggled. 

More of the same please and we'll be fine. 

LJ rarely keeps to the same game plan for more than 1 game, but you are right if we press more and at a higher tempo we might stand a chance of staying up 

3 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Where the **** did that come from?, outstanding performance, quality goals, perfect game plan and well executed by the players.

if we manage to stay up a couple of quality mobile midfielders and a quality striker to replace Abraham and 2 full backs and who knows mid table perhaps.

Mobile - I rate 02 and Vodafone, what do you think, perhaps EE ?

3 minutes ago, TRL said:

I saw him at half time, the stream stopped at the end so didn't see him then.

hought he spoke well of us.  I know he liked his time here, but it must still of hurt as he loves Huddersfield

Yes, he was full of praise and wanted to stress how well we played and not put it down to Huddersfield playing badly. 

13 minutes ago, nickolas said:

Tonight just shows how high pressing and tempo can disrupt even the best of teams. Something weve hardly done since about November and my sole theory on why weve struggled. 

More of the same please and we'll be fine. 

Agreed. It was the kind of game LJ said he wanted to play when he arrived and which worked against Huddersfield at AG last season. I'm baffled as to why we haven't done it more.

59 minutes ago, stawey said:

so far tonight has been just what i needed i lost my wife a few mont tonight i hope to sleep wellhs ago and ive been a bit low of late so thank you my team

This is the true power of belonging to a football club. Sorry to hear your news fella. Some think football is insignificant but in the grand scheme of things it has the ability and potential to effect us positively.

Top job by the boys tonight. A massive 3 points and goal difference looking very healthy to boot.

Providing we stay in the championship and we keep Lee Johnson as manager we will finish in the top six next year.

4 minutes ago, Garland-sweden said:

The whole team was fantastic. Frankie think is our nr 1. 4-0 wow! In four games we only conceded one goal, thats great. Bryan is getting better in lb and Smith is our new rb. Six points last two games is a step to avoid relegation. More than nice to be a City supporter at the moment. Coyr!

Frank should have never lost his place in the first place IMO 

9 hours ago, WhistleHappy said:

3 - 2 victory for LJ's City tonight in a classic game that will be talked about and clips replayed time and time on TV football shows for years to come...

It's gonna be a brommer of a match tonight, one not to be missed.

A game that launches LJ on a path leading to a glittering Premiership career before becoming a nationally loved and acclaimed manager of an England team heading for unprecedented international glory and legendary European and World Cup tournament success.

It all starts tonight with a 3 - 2 Bristol City victory over Huddersfield Town... a game incidentally that marks a stunning beginning to Bristol City's rise into the elite of World club football with LJ at the helm on his way to his glorious universally celebrated career as England boss and eventual knighthood.

You heard it here first folks... get yer arses down the Gate tonight, watch history in the making, be a part of it!! :city: 

4 - 0 ? ... four effing nil? ... wtf did you think you were doing LJ ?  ... WTF!!!

3 - 2 would have sufficed, three two would've done nicely, but no ... you had to go and spoil my post didn't ya, pure effing spite!

Four blinking nil ... who the **** do you think you are??   Well I'll tell you this, when you go on to take City to the Champions League then becomes everyone's darling when lifting the World Cup with England... just you remember what you did tonight, they'll all be loving you,' LJ is our King ' teeshirts everywhere, then when you become the next best thing since World Cup Willy ... let me tell you this, when all that's going on, when all that is going on matey... I for one won't forget what you did tonight.. damn you Johnson!!

:disapointed2se: 

29 minutes ago, Bullbag said:

Brilliant performance and fantastic result.

Well done to all.

Credit also to LJ, got it right tonight.

However, he isn't the right man and he should still go.

Great to hear you cheerful and enthusiastic, Bullbag! A happy Bullbag is what we want!

14 minutes ago, cynic said:

4-0

4-0

4-0 Who is the cock ? 

4-0

4-0

Aint that the truth Luxo...

An excellent 90 minutes, now if we could repeat maybe 2/3rds of a season like that I might take you seriously.

Longest losing run in our history and people are creaming themselves at beating Huddersfield at home and trying to show this is down to LJ's tactical genius?

Maybe he is the messiah that some hold him out to be, I bloody hope so,  but I'd rather be mid table, safe, and lost this match 1-0.

One result does not make a season.

I'm ecstatic we won but if you think one win proves you were right to 'stand by your man' then you've more front than Dolly Parton.

I would still like a new man in charge but.........

Well played City, very good from the kick off. Whether they were poor or not , we got at them from the start and didn't let them play. Not only that we managed to keep up a threat all game. I wonder if the cameras had some effect on things but brilliant all the same. Korey and Odowda were awesome, Joe not far behind. the team were full of energy and tonight pressed and closed down as a team and not individually as before. Tammy really wanted it, geeing up Brownhill as he came on, great to see. 
One good save fron Frankie and Tomlin pulled the strings .Great team performance against a good side.

Where was that for the last 6 months ???

Archived