IGNORED

Callum O'Dowda - MOTM for me

Dollymarie

While I dont like us dropping deep to hang on, just before our second we went down to a back 6 with CO'D and Cotterill becoming LB and RB. This filled those normally gaping gaps in that area and we looked more solid as a result.

Its taken too long, but that weakness has been covered for the time being, but it leaves them a man over in the central areas. Hopefully this will be worked on.

Great performance by CO'D and my MOTM too

Really hard to pick out a MOTM tonight as every player certainly had an upgrade in performance, they looked up for it and were prepared to run through walls for the cause tonight. Something just clicked and it was beautiful to watch. The people near me described it as 'proper football' and yes they were right s as to a man that's what they played. More of the same please.

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Can't argue with that Dolly  :thumbsup:  he was indeed magnificent 

There were plenty of contenders which says it all but by a nose Callum I'd agree

Mention for Frankie Fielding who won't get many plaudits in the excitement - thought he was excellent and IMHO looked for 90 mins tonight the keeper that had him on the outer edges of becoming a International keeper 

Frankie looked very assured and neat against Wigan too.

Not sure how he could be so calm as his Mrs was just about to pop. I'm still annoyed my football coach told me that I was too short to be a keeper even though I was an outstanding shot stopper and could leap like a salmon, I'm a good few inches taller than FF, woahhhh the modern game, probably a bit late to get my gloves back on..........

Callum or Joe for me, both were superb. Joe looked back to his best and made two of the goals so lets hope his confidence is back. No-one played badly and it was just a great team performance. I said when we signed Callum it looked from his Oxford highlights that for a winger he doesn`t mind a tackle and he proved that tonight - I reckon once he gets one goal he`ll get many as well.

Shout out for Marlon too, was all over Mooy like a rash and never let him play.

We just got in their faces from minute one and never let them settle for the whole game. Crowd were excellent too, best it`s been for a long time.

12 hours ago, Fiale said:

Callum and Tomlin were great tonight, and it says something that they stood out in a good team performance, against a promotion chasing side.

As a neutral the defence looked solid, Callum looked quick and gave you an outlet and width to break down the left wing and ovbiously Tammy looks class. On a negative I think Tammy needs another decent forward alongside him and although Tomlin has some good moments he looks over weight, slow and has a habit of getting frustrated when an opposing player gets away from him and tries to clip their legs which will get him sent

12 hours ago, YorkshireSection said:

Frankie looked very assured and neat against Wigan too.

Not sure how he could be so calm as his Mrs was just about to pop. I'm still annoyed my football coach told me that I was too short to be a keeper even though I was an outstanding shot stopper and could leap like a salmon, I'm a good few inches taller than FF, woahhhh the modern game, probably a bit late to get my gloves back on..........

Didn't know that. Congrats Frankie and Mrs F on your new arrival!

As for your ability to leap like a salmon, are you busy next year every Saturday? Giefer is just a loan so will need a commanding keeper next season. Age is but a number. Sign him/her (not sure if you're a fella or a lady) up LJ!

13 hours ago, italian dave said:

Not disagreeing, but mention too for Pack. Tracked Mooy all night and never let him get into the game. Brilliant.

Yes, the 3 games I had seen Mooy before last night he looked every inch a Premiership midfielder, a class above anything else on the pitch. But last night didn't hear his name more than once or twice and the Pack/O'Neil combo shut him down completely.

Have to give the coaching staff plaudits for the tact tics, formation and organisation last night = How it should be.

Archived