IGNORED

Get Well Soon Jonathan Hogg

Nagy Mahal

Looked pretty nasty, great to hear that he's talking and has had a scan which shows that it is not as bad as expected.

Huddersfield very helpfully tweeted that he has a 'beck' injury.

Reminded me of Danny Drinkwater's(?) unfortunate and ironic head clash when he apparently swallowed his tongue.

Ive saw somewhere on twitter that a doctor has said he is Ok.

Whether that was true or not I wish him a speedy recovery and that it is nothing serious.

The Huddersfield twitter did say he was speaking at the time and while not the biggest thing anything positive is good news

1 hour ago, PortisheadIsRed said:

Looked pretty nasty, great to hear that he's talking and has had a scan which shows that it is not as bad as expected.

Huddersfield very helpfully tweeted that he has a 'beck' injury.

Reminded me of Danny Drinkwater's(?) unfortunate and ironic head clash when he apparently swallowed his tongue.

Looked to be whiplash(y) sure his head / neck got twisted but havnt seen it on TV yet

Hope the lad is ok

Found this on the Huddersfield forum

For the benefit of any town fans at the game who read this at halftime. 

Hogg is sat up and talking in the dressing room, doctor has checked him over and says he is fine. Will go to hospital for precautionary X-rays on his neck. Not concerned though.

Sounds like the stretcher was a precautionary measure as it was a neck injury. If the doctor isn't concerned that is good news.

Copied from Udders Firum

Hope the lad makes a full recovery - 

Confirmed long term injury. Big miss. Get well soon Hoggy

m.bristolpost.co.uk/huddersfield-s-jonathan-hogg-spends-night-in-bristol-hospital-after-being-stretchered-off-pitch/story-30212556-detail/story.html

---

Huddersfield's Jonathan Hogg spends night in Bristol hospital after being stretchered off pitch

By a_stockhausen | Posted: March 18, 2017

Huddersfield Town midfielder Jonathan Hogg spent the night in the Bristol Royal Infirmary after sustaining a serious neck injury in last night's Championship match at Ashton Gate.

Having seen his side beaten 4-0 by Bristol City, Terriers manager David Wagner was understandably more concerned with the condition of Hogg, who was carried off on a stretcher following a collision with team-mate Mark Hudson.

The game was held up for 15 minutes while the player received treatment and had a neck brace fitted as a precaution. He was then taken by ambulance to hospital, where he later underwent two scans.

Although Wagner was not able to update journalists on the extent of the injury, he confirmed Hogg would be out of action for a long time.

He said: "I don't have an update on his condition, but it looks serious. He has had two scans as a precaution and they have found a problem with the neck.

"It is difficult to say how he is at this time, but I expect him to be out for a long time. It was worrying when he stayed down for so long and I think it affected the other players.

"The important thing now is for him to be looked after and for the medial people to make a proper assessment. He is sat up and talking, but is staying in hospital for now."

Read more: http://downatthemac.proboards.com/thread/104098/hogg-serious-neck-injury-long#ixzz4bgxs1gLk

15 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Generally good news reading that thank goodness. Can someone on here who`s on twitter send him a get well soon message from here if he is on there or that HATFC account if he`s not?

Ooh, thats not a good injury to have, if if there is such a thing as a good injury. I really hoped it looked a lot worse than it was and the time taken to get him off the pitch was more precautionary than neccessary.

Best of luck Jonathan and hope you come back fighting fit sooner rather than later.

Archived