IGNORED

Huddersfield

Spoons

We finished above them last season, so it is disappointing. They have had a good season, playing good attractive football in front of large crowds and are going to get a playoff place, and even still might get a automatic slot into Premier League. When SL looks at the 2 clubs he must seriously wonder WTF has gone wrong.

They have lost just 9 league games all season, us 19

They have won 22 league games us 10

Our goals scored are almost identical 47 v 46

But their defence has been solid conceding just 39 goals , us 53

If they beat us they are just 4 points behind Brighton and Newcastle, but more tellingly they are the league in form team.....

Their team is valued the same as ours £20.57 million compared to us £21 million

They have spent £4 million this season - we have spent £11 million (possibly more this season) 

the difference between us and them ?  

ScreenShot_20170316195415.png

ScreenShot_20170316195447.png

ScreenShot_20170316195817.png

ScreenShot_20170316200230.png

I know that away teams often stay at the Aztec Hotel.  Could anyone have a word with the head chef?

3 am fire alarm should be possible.

Alternatively, perhaps a rave in their car park or one of those events when the boy racers get together in their souped up cars.

Would they forfeit the game if we could make their coach break down on the way to the gate?

Without intervention like this, i cant see any other way we can win :)

We should have got a point up there if it hadn't been for Frankies crazy 5 minutes after half time. 

Having said that even someone as positive as me thinks that it will take a performance beyond anything we have seen recently to get anything from this game.

One thing against Huddersfield, their players hit the deck at slightest contact, very annoying.

12 minutes ago, I'm Brian said:

4 0 last season

http://m.bbc.co.uk/sport/football/36118156

66-1 for a repeat. Anyone? 

My concern is they'll see this as an opportunity for revenge; they are twice if not three times the team they were this time last year. Us?  Not so much.

I hope we throw down a gutsy performance and can walk away with a point and our heads held high today, but even that is going to be a tough ask.

Wagner looks to be a tremendous manager, and they've bought and loaned very shrewdly.  I almost wonder if they go up whether Tammy might go there, as they've done a great job with the Chelsea loanees they've brought in (and funny how Wagner doesn't prattle on about how big a deal it was getting their lads in from Man City, Chelsea etc and just has them playing great football together; if only our own head coach had a similar approach...)

15 hours ago, Fiale said:

We finished above them last season, so it is disappointing. They have had a good season, playing good attractive football in front of large crowds and are going to get a playoff place, and even still might get a automatic slot into Premier League. When SL looks at the 2 clubs he must seriously wonder WTF has gone wrong.

They have lost just 9 league games all season, us 19

They have won 22 league games us 10

Our goals scored are almost identical 47 v 46

But their defence has been solid conceding just 39 goals , us 53

If they beat us they are just 4 points behind Brighton and Newcastle, but more tellingly they are the league in form team.....

Their team is valued the same as ours £20.57 million compared to us £21 million

They have spent £4 million this season - we have spent £11 million (possibly more this season) 

the difference between us and them ?  

ScreenShot_20170316195415.png

ScreenShot_20170316195447.png

ScreenShot_20170316195817.png

ScreenShot_20170316200230.png

Concentration, discipline..

Post originally by hantsred merged with match day thread in error  

At the beginning of the season when ourselves and Huddersfield were near the top amongst the other big guns, I stupidly thought they are punching above their weight and surely would be the first to fall back into the pack......we were the ones who had a young manager others were all raving about and only 4 points behind them at the beginning of November (http://www.statto.com/football/stats/england/league-championship/2016-2017/table/2016-11-04)...... now 20 + games later we are 33 points behind (+ a game in hand), and they are the ones who have a young manager everybody talks about.

Just brings it home how far we have fallen!

Archived