IGNORED

Why do respected managers treat us like we're thick..?

BS4 on Tour...

4 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

You beat me to it with your comment.

Southgate doesn't come over as the brightest button in the box.

Oddly, I was only thinking the opposite while listening to him yesterday.  He strikes me as coming across as particularly intelligent for a football manager.

The original question is easily answered: he doesn't regard Andy Carroll as fit enough to play as a striker for England, but he thinks Luke Shaw is fit enough.  Don't see why that is a problem.

On 21/03/2017 at 22:21, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just a quick rant-ette.....

Gareth Southgate was asked today why he hadn't included Andy Carroll in his England squad for the friendly with Germany and the subsequent World Cup qualifier.

His reply was that Carroll hadn't played enough games recently so wasn't fit enough. 

Yet he has picked Luke Shaw in the squad, a player who has played one game since last October. Doesn't the England manager realise how ridiculous that makes his answer about Carroll sound?

We ain't thick...don't treat us like we are.

I have spent the majority of my professional career working in Communications, PR and Media Relations....and the first thing I've told everyone I've worked with is 'Don't ever lie, it will come back to bite you, just front up everything and tell the truth.'

Hate how the England hierarchy right now think they can fob us off with shite contradictions....

Is it because some City fans are thick?

tf*

Gareth Southgate was asked today why he hadn't included Andy Carroll in his England squad for the friendly with Germany and the subsequent World Cup qualifier.

His reply was that Carroll hadn't played enough games recently so wasn't fit enough. 

Yet he has picked Luke Shaw in the squad, a player who has played one game since last October. Doesn't the England manager realise how ridiculous that makes his answer about Carroll sound?

I have spent the majority of my professional career working in Communications, PR and Media Relations....and the first thing I've told everyone I've worked with is 'Don't ever lie, it will come back to bite you, just front up everything and tell the truth.'

Hate how the England hierarchy right now think they can fob us off with shite contradictions....

If managers were 100% truthful then they wouldn't be able to keep a squad happy.

On 22/03/2017 at 08:56, bcfcnick said:

In his defence he has to be diplomatic about players he doesn't select.   If he doesn't like him for this game or he rates others above him then he can't say as such.  He needs to keep his options open for the future rather than alienate players by saying the wrong thing.  Fair enough for Andy Carroll fans to disagree with the failure to pick him but I don't think it shows a lack of intelligence to use diplomatic reasoning for those he leaves out.

This :clap:

Really? My BS detector is lighting up.

The only thing that rings true here is 'don't tell lies' because it does come back to bite you if and when you get found out.

PR and media relations is about portraying something in a positive light and the truth does not care either way. PR and media relations is about massaging people into believing a message - a 'version' of the truth.

As to thinking managers treating us like we are thick, firstly you have to have started with a low opinion of yourself to believe that in the first place.

7 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Think what you like, you don't know me at all. I've spent over 20 years training people in media relations and PR

That you've been doing this for 20 years, I really don't care.

PR and media relations is a euphemism for 'spin doctor' - any person who tells me that spin doctors tell the 'truth' really will get short change from me.

5 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

That you've been doing this for 20 years, I really don't care.

PR and media relations is a euphemism for 'spin doctor' - any person who tells me that spin doctors tell the 'truth' really will get short change from me.

Well, in your previous reply you said "the only thing that rings true about media relations is 'don't tell lies' " then you post that 'spin doctors' don't tell the truth....

So you agree that people shouldn't lie in the media but you also don't believe they tell the truth....strange.

Anyway, I'm done with this...

1 minute ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Well, in your previous reply you said "the only thing that rings true about media relations is 'don't tell lies' " then you post that 'spin doctors' don't tell the truth....

So you agree that people shouldn't lie in the media but you also don't believe they tell the truth....strange.

Anyway, I'm done with this...

That you are choosy about what to quote me on tends to point to someone who was in media/pr relations.

You probably were a PR guru, the problem you've got is, you indicated that you told people to tell the truth. What you failed to say was a 'version of the truth' (or more accurately, a corruption of the truth - what I believe most people call a 'white lie').

Yes, we are done.

On 22/03/2017 at 06:01, 1960maaan said:

I always like a plan B, Carol or Deeney would be that. 3 similar forwards for a friendly when they could have at least had a look as something else, and Carol has scored some great goals this year. Also not many International teams face that sort of thing very often.

Unless they are playing Bosnia?

The "problem" with Andy Carrol is his style of play. Big, powerful and terrific in the air which us Brits love to see in any player but unfortunately for Carrol foreign referees penalise players like him as they see virtually any physical contact above  the waste as a foul.

The same thing happened with Peter Crouch. 

On 3/21/2017 at 22:21, BS4 on Tour... said:

Perhaps we are a bit thick.Have you heard the chants that people think is funny?Only football fans swear in  singing and its accepted because"they are football fans"!

On 3/21/2017 at 22:21, BS4 on Tour... said:

Just look at some of the mongoloids in the Atyeo and the things they shout out. Literally zero football knowledge. 

8 minutes ago, SARJ said:

Just look at some of the mongoloids in the Atyeo and the things they shout out. Literally zero football knowledge. 

are you surprised? they spend most of the game goading and looking at the away fans..........

I'm kidding btw

Archived