IGNORED

Dean Holden and Jamie McAllister speak...

Septic Peg

I still have no idea why football team staff (this isn't just a City thing) have their initials on their kit?

Just what is the point?

Do they have their names sewn into the collar of their duffle coats with gloves on pieces of string as well?

7 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

I still have no idea why football team staff (this isn't just a City thing) have their initials on their kit?

Just what is the point?

Do they have their names sewn into the collar of their duffle coats with gloves on pieces of string as well?

It's so they know it's their kit. They don't want to spend all morning trying to find a bit of kit that fits. You don't honestly think they take the kit home to wash it themselves do you?

5 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

It's so they know it's their kit. They don't want to spend all morning trying to find a bit of kit that fits. You don't honestly think they take the kit home to wash it themselves do you?

Ewww. Visions of Scotty washing Dean Holden's grundies. Ick.

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

No,they get their wife to do it.

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

I've always washed my own kit so didn't think of that, thanks for putting me right.

53 minutes ago, Red Army Faction said:

You really need to fink a bit harder before your next post!!  :whistle:

TBH, I don't know what I was finking about when I posted, but having funk about it now, I feel a bit of a slow funker

Unlike most of what comes out of our club's PR system, I found this interview quite revealing. Jamie comes across as a likeable player favourite, doesn’t rock the apple cart, happy to be there. One who might help that connection between the coaching staff and the players. It was Dean Holden that I found most interesting. He comes across with that characteristic northern honesty, almost to an extent that could be detrimental in some circles. Not just what he says, but his body language, the classic holding a leg resting across the knee, the “up for a debate and wanting to get their message out.” He comes across as someone who if they disagreed, would come out and say it. Interesting that they even talk about how this occurs in the office behind closed doors. If some rumours of previous divisions are true, I could imagine him coming out and disagreeing with, say, a previous defensive coach, who in turn might feel aggrieved at this newcomer disagreeing on their territory. Players may have felt loyalties to one coach or another from long association, causing conflict, less of a “unified front,” leading to confusion in the game plan and tactics taught to them. Here they also discuss that when they disagree in private they make sure that when they leave their “office,” I think they said, that only the unified message gets communicated. They also mention not wanting players to get too many messages whilst on the pitch, making me wonder if this may have some relation to what occurred before? Perhaps before some of these messages were conflicting and thus confusing? Pure speculation of course, but it might explain why our defence went to shambles for a while. A long while. I guess only future performances will tell.

40 minutes ago, Bobfish said:

Unlike most of what comes out of our club's PR system, I found this interview quite revealing. Jamie comes across as a likeable player favourite, doesn’t rock the apple cart, happy to be there. One who might help that connection between the coaching staff and the players. It was Dean Holden that I found most interesting. He comes across with that characteristic northern honesty, almost to an extent that could be detrimental in some circles. Not just what he says, but his body language, the classic holding a leg resting across the knee, the “up for a debate and wanting to get their message out.” He comes across as someone who if they disagreed, would come out and say it. Interesting that they even talk about how this occurs in the office behind closed doors. If some rumours of previous divisions are true, I could imagine him coming out and disagreeing with, say, a previous defensive coach, who in turn might feel aggrieved at this newcomer disagreeing on their territory. Players may have felt loyalties to one coach or another from long association, causing conflict, less of a “unified front,” leading to confusion in the game plan and tactics taught to them. Here they also discuss that when they disagree in private they make sure that when they leave their “office,” I think they said, that only the unified message gets communicated. They also mention not wanting players to get too many messages whilst on the pitch, making me wonder if this may have some relation to what occurred before? Perhaps before some of these messages were conflicting and thus confusing? Pure speculation of course, but it might explain why our defence went to shambles for a while. A long while. I guess only future performances will tell.

Interestingly, I read his body language very different.

I found him constantly looking at and mentioning 'Macca' whenever he was trying to make a point, almost looking for approval. I've met loads of people in work situations who talk a lot but their knowledge and confidence is actually quite low. Whereas, JM comes across as quietly confident.

I don't what it is, but whenever I see or hear Holden, I get a little bit of vomit in my mouth..

8 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Just what is the point?

They does it in the premier league 

I didn't even bother watching… I usually like these kinds of interviews.

BEP are trying to suggest that JP was the problem. It's easy to demonise someone when they have left, and I don't want to do that. A specific scenario can be spun/painted in many ways and I guess at this present time, whatever is said by whomever, can be construed in any particular way. 

20 minutes ago, ploppy said:

As a purportedly heterosexual male I find Jamie McAllister really quite attractive in a rugged Scottish sort of a way

What with that and Paul Hogan's shorts the whole thread is pretty homoerotic.

Thats what happens when a weekend arrives that we don't get to watch 22 young, athletic men chasing balls around.

Archived