IGNORED

Lincoln City v FGR

bristolcitysweden

44 minutes ago, CodeRed said:

bankrolled hobby club..................the irony!

Are you trying to say that "bankrolled hobby club" is an accurate description of City....the club you support? There is nothing ironic about my post unless you really think we are at their level of massively spending beyond their means.

Anyway, Lincoln lead 3-1 now! :D

2 minutes ago, Wanderingred said:

Are you trying to say that "bankrolled hobby club" is an accurate description of City....the club you support? There is nothing ironic about my post unless you really think we are at their level of massively spending beyond their means.

£50 million and rising - and that doesn't include the stadium - that Lansdown has put in. The accounts for BCFC are only signed off by the auditors on the basis that SL personally guarantees the debt (ie the club is insolvent without that undertaking)

I'd say that was exactly spending beyond our means.

Dale Vince has put money in to FGR , as do most owners, but nothing like the level of SL. Their ground was already built before DV took over.

19 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

Come on Lincoln! Not a fan of vegan Rovers or any bankrolled hobby club for that matter.

Fair play to Vegan rovers. Good to see a club trying to have some genuine ethics rather than follow the mini PL corporate brigade and decide the club image and setup by 'market research'.

Having watched the televised game, Lincoln were the better team on the day. All too often FGR were ponderous both in defence and attack. If a player received the ball in midfield, all too often, they'd simply pass to whoever was nearest and then. none too accurately.

Looking below leaders Lincoln, I reckon Tranmere will win the play offs.

I've had sympathy for Lincoln for about thirty years now. 1985 they were the opponents on the last day of the season and away to Bradford when that fire occurred. 1986 they were relegated to Div 4 and on the last day of the 1987 season, Burnley scored a late equaliser meaning it was Lincoln and not Burnley who became the first club automatically relegated to the Conference.

19 hours ago, Wanderingred said:

I disagree that we've spent recklessly beyond our means. We've tried to spend with sustainable growth in mind, we just havent been wise with it.

Well done Lincoln! FGR can lose at Wembley again infront of another bumper 3000 following. :D

We does not come into  it. Code Red was being factual. Bristol City's have sent well past their income (110, 120 % .. past income). Accounts in recent seasons highlight tens of millions of pounds of debt being turned into shares and loans. It could not have been sustained even if Ashton Gate was full to capacity.

Archived