IGNORED

Stunned....absolutely stunned

tinman85

9 hours ago, tinman85 said:

So our 'leader' has pretty much said today that a central midfielder Jens Hegeler will likely play centre back if Bailey Wright is not deemed fit enough after internationals. 

What a joke when you consider the class Mags has and his glory this week. I despair. 

Calm down, we can get through this. Jens has played well when he plays at CB Magnussen I would prefer though but as long as we won Idc. Is would be 'Stunned...absolutely stunned' if someone like Adam Matthews played at CB in front of him.

6 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Calm down, we can get through this. Jens has played well when he plays at CB Magnussen I would prefer though but as long as we won Idc. Is would be 'Stunned...absolutely stunned' if someone like Adam Matthews played at CB in front of him.

It would be " stunned , absolutely stunned " if he played at right back again for City ! 

9 hours ago, tinman85 said:

So our 'leader' has pretty much said today that a central midfielder Jens Hegeler will likely play centre back if Bailey Wright is not deemed fit enough after internationals. 

What a joke when you consider the class Mags has and his glory this week. I despair. 

he's a CB/DMC so with hodor and wright both tired from international duty it makes sense to play him there, what is the problem with that, would you rather wilbraham play there or perhaps Kory Smith would be more to your liking?

Moan when there something to moan about not about every little thing as you come across as petty with an agenda 

BW & HM may well be jaded after they're  internationals,  and Hegeler is class at centreback. So no probs with me. People tend to forget HM was part of the team that was leaking goals during our poor run. But I guess those who desperately want LJ out will spin any old rubbish to fit they're agenda :laugh:! 

3 hours ago, Malago said:

If you're "stunned, absolutely stunned", by the possibility that a football manager may pick one player instead of another, in case a third player is injured; it's difficult to understand how you cope with life and its vicissitudes on a daily basis.  

Your in with a shout for "word of the day" with that one-good effort!

Well at least this thread has got people going again after the dull international break! My point is we loan out Moore who was playing decent, pay £2.5M for Magnusson who was playing decent then we consider playing a centre mid at centre back. It is just very very strange IMO

12 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

Well at least this thread has got people going again after the dull international break! My point is we loan out Moore who was playing decent, pay £2.5M for Magnusson who was playing decent then we consider playing a centre mid at centre back. It is just very very strange IMO

But he isn't just a centre mid though.

Taylor Moore wasn't going to be used enough to help his development - a loan was the logical choice.

4 minutes ago, Buckeyed said:

But he isn't just a centre mid though.

Taylor Moore wasn't going to be used enough to help his development - a loan was the logical choice.

I disagree. Would rather not spend £1.5M on a player to be loaned to league 1 and concentrate on the next level up for signings. E.g. a smaller squad with greater quality. 

2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If Magnusson plays a certain amount of games we have to pay Juventus another large amount of cash

Mad as it seems...

1 hour ago, Port Said Red said:

Well it's not that mad if true, it's a common part of a lot of transfer deals. I can't imagine it is having any effect on whether he plays, I imagine the club can afford it.

Depends if we're close on the fair play budget. 

2 hours ago, Rossi the Robin said:

If Magnusson plays a certain amount of games we have to pay Juventus another large amount of cash

Mad as it seems...

At least we set the bar at 28 appearances before triggering the cash.

That is good value and we should be grateful - Engvail presumbly triggers a further lump sum at just 5 appearances.

1 hour ago, LondonBristolian said:

I'd think Magnusson would be a bit gutted but, to play devil's advocate, we've conceded a lot of sloppy goals when playing Flint and Magnusson as a partnership. I'm not saying that is Magnusson's fault as I don't think it is but I don't blame LJ for being less than 100% optimistic of them keeping a clean sheet.

Haven't you heard?................he's trying Magnusson in goal 

29 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I disagree. Would rather not spend £1.5M on a player to be loaned to league 1 and concentrate on the next level up for signings. E.g. a smaller squad with greater quality. 

why?, what if he turns out to be the next tony adams or terry butcher and we go on to sell him for 30 million?

• Admin
10 hours ago, tinman85 said:

Would just see it as par for the course for this season

49 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

So you are suggesting no investment in the future then? 

50 minutes ago, tinman85 said:

I've never understood this kind of comment. 

If we are fortunate enough for our owner to be happy to take a £1.5million gamble on a highly thought of youngster, then what possible problem is it to you..?!

In 3 years time he could be worth 10 times the amount we paid for him and if he's not, then in what way does it cost, effect or bother you that we took the chance on him..?

• Admin
1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

If we are fortunate enough for our owner to be happy to take a £1.5million gamble on a highly thought of youngster, then what possible problem is it to you..?!

In 3 years time he could be worth 10 times the amount we paid for him and if he's not, then in what way does it cost, effect or bother you that we took the chance on him..?

Valid point - but what if spending that money on Moore and the money paid for Engvall meant we didn't sign someone else who could have made an impact on our side this season?

2 hours ago, tinman85 said:

If only that centre mid had spent an equal amount of time playing as a CB and won 2 MOTM awards in the Bundesliga this season.

Oh, wait a minute...

What is very very strange IMO, is actively seeking and grasping at straws looking for a reason to complain.

2 of our CBs have been on international duty, so LJ is looking at using another person who can play there if needs be. What a travesty. How dare LJ consider using a comfortable CB as a CB?! I am absolutely outraged! Next someone will tell me Tammy Abraham is a striker and has been played there all season, how dare the manager play someone in position?!

19 minutes ago, phantom said:

Valid point - but what if spending that money on Moore and the money paid for Engvall meant we didn't sign someone else who could have made an impact on our side this season?

I don't think it did though. SL has shown his willingness to invest in potential AND first team. 

1 hour ago, Bar BS3 said:

How will HM get from where he is now to being worth £30m if he sits on the bench every week I would like to know. He isn't even young enough to qualify fot YPOTS so at his age should be in the team imo.

1 minute ago, robin_unreliant said:

How will HM get from where he is now to being worth £30m if he sits on the bench every week I would like to know. He isn't even young enough to qualify fot YPOTS so at his age should be in the team imo.

We were talking about Taylor-Moore, not Hourder. 

Archived