IGNORED

Atyeo stand

Birnbeckred

18 hours ago, Monkeh said:

should be loads left, look at the renewal thread, no one is going next season.....

seriously though, with the singers now in the south stand it may get the rest of the stand on their feet a bit more so if you can't get in there, try and get close to it,

I'm moving to the south stand next season, people I know who already sit near that area can't wait as they have felt at times like it wasnt appropriate to stand/shout etc. now they can join in and really get behind the boys with as much noise as possible. 

20 hours ago, Nogbad the Bad said:

The away allocation should never be more than 10%, whatever the demand.

If this rule had been applied to us then some of our largest away followings in recent years would never have happened, and people who wanted to watch City wouldn't have been able to.

At Villa this season we sold our allocation but there were 12,000 empty seats. Much better for all clubs to allow away fans more tickets if they are able to and the demand is there, for the overall benefit of all fans. If everyone applied the same principle then more people would watch more football that they want to - and the advantage to the away team of having additional support would broadly balance out.

13 hours ago, Bristol Rob said:

God. This is like going lap dancing*

*So I've heard. From others. Yes. Others. Bigger boys. They've gone now. 

Um when are we um getting lap dancing? Will it also be available half time? A um friend of mine um not me would be interested.

It makes perfect sense giving the entire Ayteo to away fans. Guessing next season's Championship line up (please let us be in it) both Sheffield clubs, Leeds, Cardiff, Villa, Norwich, Birmingham, QPR and Sunderland could all bring more than the 2,000 odd we gave them this season if the match is on a Saturday and their team is having a reasonable season.

That is a lot of money lost if we didn't offer those tickets. I also believe a big away following makes City noisier, not the opposite.

To be fair we have been outsung by 2000 away fans. I do wonder if the perceived savings on police etc costs is actually the case because an extra 1000 (maybe) Leeds,Cardiff,Wolves Wednesday etc and ob will be insisting the club pays for what a&sp deem appropriate cover. Inevitable the Atyeo was no go zone for homefans but personally I'm in the 10% camp.

Archived