IGNORED

Preston away, can we win?

reddogkev

1 hour ago, ChippenhamRed said:

So one defeat after a run of four unbeaten and suddenly we have no chance of winning again?

Has the Huddersfield win taught people nothing about the unpredictability of this division?

Is no one capable of taking a broader view or must all opinions be based entirely on emotion in the immediate wake of a defeat? Plenty of twist and turns to come.

The Huddersfield performance is meaningless again now, he played the same team today and has openly stated he doesn't trust a lot of the players. Whatever confidence the players got from a 4-0 home win has now been completely taken away by their own manager. A manager who blames everyone else after a loss. Ffs I wish he would come out and accept some responsibility.

I fear for he worst although perhaps the team may actually react positively to such a poor display today?

When was the last time we won at Deepdale?

Then ...... Wolves at home......a team in form! Doesn't bode well!

Bottom three by the time Holloway, Smith and Freeman come to AG!

Squeaky bum time.......

1 hour ago, Vincent Vega said:

Trust me when I say, we will not play a team as poor as Wigan for the rest of this season and possibly next.

And Brighton aside we won't play another side as good as Huddersfield this season. It cuts both ways. But it appears people are unable to take a broader view so soon after a disappointing performance. Like I said, twists and turns to come.

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

And Brighton aside we won't play another side as good as Huddersfield this season. It cuts both ways. But it appears people are unable to take a broader view so soon after a disappointing performance. Like I said, twists and turns to come.

Problem with the twists and turns theory is that for months it's been plenty of turns but very few twists so on that basis it's a pure hope rather than a decent bet

1 minute ago, ChippenhamRed said:

Totrally agree concerning the next 7 games. My point was all about the Wigan game,which was the poorest I've witnessed in this league. 

Today was a game we had a good chance of getting something from but we didn't show up until Hegler came on. Preston won't be any easier but I'll be listening on R.B hoping for a win. Won't be going to beamback, was a bit of a shambles today. 

I'm sure they'll be an improvement on the lethargic performance today , but need to become ruthless in front of goal. And JB needs to get some consistency into his game or a promising career is going to go to waste. 

3 hours ago, reddogkev said:

If offered the draw in advance, would you take it?

I would indeed. Delighted if we can get anything up there if I'm honest. I just remember that awful couple of home games in December that we didn't show up for at all, Preston on theTuesday night then Brentford the following Saturday. We've just had Brentford...

36 minutes ago, ChippenhamRed said:

A month ago I probably would of agreed with you, but Burton showed today that Huddersfield have gone right off the boil.

Blackburn away is now a tougher game than Brighton imo, Brighton are just about up, whereas Blackburn ( as we know!) are fighting for their lives, Tony Mowbray has come in and totally changed their form and mindset. Brighton although a class act will let us play, Blackburn won't, that game will be about who has the bottle and battling spirit, something we have rarely shown in the last 25 games.

Well can we?

I always thought these 2 away games looked too tricky for comfort.  And Wolves looks a tough game to end the week.

I've said it already, but it will go all the way to the wire...

I don't see it but if we play like we did vs Huddersfield then who knows it won't be easy though that's all I'll say.

Ok, Wolves?

I'm fairly confident about this one apart from Wolves form id we played them a couple weeks earlier then I would've definitely said a win but I personally think we'll get a point and maybe all three.

Evening all , first and foremost hope you have a safe journey up to Deepdale on Tuesday night , whilst we are unbeaten at home in 2017 we are a tad patchy in performances , Reading at Home ( game prior to today ) was the best seen under Grayson at home for me bar none in a 3-0 win , today whilst we started strongly our areas of weakness being a strong partner for Pearson and the out and out striker we need ( Hugill has improved but appears to be running on empty ) Notts Forest where excellent ( as good as Blackburn two weeks ago ) and throughly deserved a point , our strengths are we are pretty hard to beat , Pearson has been superb , McGeady is something very special and the return of Gallagher is welcome bonus , the playoffs in my opinion have never really been in sight and a few may be thinking of the beach with seven left although there was / has been no signs of that not that Grayson would allow it , think a 1-1 draw is on the cards again at our place and whilst the Burton result was a surprise genuinely hope you stay up at the cost of Blackburn and I still think you have too much in the tank although reading your posts on the forum and seeing the Huddersfield performance and highlights today maybe a few turned up in that 4-0 for a move away in the summer you where that good ... no doubt will be a tight encounter with a scoring draw or a 2-1 either way , sure will have a chat with some of you travelling in the pub prior to the game , hope you enjoy and see you next season 

Mortis

2 hours ago, kivsy said:

Not a chance , Grayson is an experienced manager , and will out fox us.  

Secret weapon - lock LJ in the bus and get the blonde steward with the curly hair in the winterstoke car park to do the team talk! 

More chance of success than a Johnson baby wipe

1 hour ago, Mortis said:

Evening all , first and foremost hope you have a safe journey up to Deepdale on Tuesday night , whilst we are unbeaten at home in 2017 we are a tad patchy in performances , Reading at Home ( game prior to today ) was the best seen under Grayson at home for me bar none in a 3-0 win , today whilst we started strongly our areas of weakness being a strong partner for Pearson and the out and out striker we need ( Hugill has improved but appears to be running on empty ) Notts Forest where excellent ( as good as Blackburn two weeks ago ) and throughly deserved a point , our strengths are we are pretty hard to beat , Pearson has been superb , McGeady is something very special and the return of Gallagher is welcome bonus , the playoffs in my opinion have never really been in sight and a few may be thinking of the beach with seven left although there was / has been no signs of that not that Grayson would allow it , think a 1-1 draw is on the cards again at our place and whilst the Burton result was a surprise genuinely hope you stay up at the cost of Blackburn and I still think you have too much in the tank although reading your posts on the forum and seeing the Huddersfield performance and highlights today maybe a few turned up in that 4-0 for a move away in the summer you where that good ... no doubt will be a tight encounter with a scoring draw or a 2-1 either way , sure will have a chat with some of you travelling in the pub prior to the game , hope you enjoy and see you next season 

Mortis

Agree with all of that Mortis. Hugill hasn't been great recently. If Big Mak is available again after his personal issues in Denmark then I'd start him on Tuesday with Barkhuizen. Also Baptiste should start.

10 hours ago, ChippenhamRed said:

I'm with you CR. Knew on the back of this defeat, the forum would be all doom and gloom. Shame more people can't stay level headed.

The overall picture hasn't changed too much, granted the Burton late winner was annoying tho. Like you say plenty of twists and turns yet.

We could be in pretty much the same position this time next week on the back of two wins if others around us win but equally we could be in the same position if we lose both and others lose. Still too many permutations for people to be so definite. 

10 hours ago, Portland Bill said:

A month ago I probably would of agreed with you, but Burton showed today that Huddersfield have gone right off the boil.

Blackburn away is now a tougher game than Brighton imo, Brighton are just about up, whereas Blackburn ( as we know!) are fighting for their lives, Tony Mowbray has come in and totally changed their form and mindset. Brighton although a class act will let us play, Blackburn won't, that game will be about who has the bottle and battling spirit, something we have rarely shown in the last 25 games.

Blackburn away is without doubt massive, but you're overstating their form massively. No win in 5 games. If people are willing to write us off then they should be equally happy to say the same about them - except of course after a poor defeat no one wants to be even remotely objective.

It is hard for people to remain level headed after a poor performance. The facts are still that we have only lost four of our last twelve league games. This means that our form is better than most of the bottom third of the table. Nothing is guaranteed of course, but it is not yet the time to be jumping from the Suspension bridge.

Just now, Major Isewater said:

We can,  just so long as Preston don't attack us .

its pretty far to go as well we must be tired from the efforts yesterday........no doubt LJ will take that into account on his new drawing board.

1 hour ago, leadman said:

after the levels of ineptitude we reached yesterday, I doubt it

are only real hope I think, is if Blackburn and forest go on a bad run and we beat Blackburn.

....... or we could SACK LJ, get Pardew in and finish 4 points clear?

Sounds OK to me!

:winner_third_h4h:

tfj

Archived