IGNORED

Same team as Huddersfield.

JHAGa

People constantly criticise LJ for tinkering with the team selection. He rightly keeps the same team that had deservedly hammered Huddersfield, we had lost 1 in 6 and were on the back of 2 successive wins. Players share as much responsiblity as he does for today. We know the system works. Go two goals down in 25 minutes and the game plan is out the window.

Agree - but what does that tell you ((Other than the players deserve a rocket up,their arse)

They certainly aren't performing for him - rightly / wrongly and for whatever reason, with only 6 of his 20 odd signings starting again today 

Hes already discarded a large proportion of the squad as he can't trust them and today we get that - I'd guess there's probably about four that he can trust in by now which in a eleven a side game is a bit of a problem

Whatever the reason he certainly get a tune out of these players for 90 mins (Huddersfield aside) let alone a run of games

Professional footballers will grab any excuse to provide reason for poor individual performance and I'm afraid it appears LJ is , rightly or wrongly theirs 

Inexcusable on their part but you have to get to the root of the problem

Perhaps Pembo had sneaked back in today ? - He was the latest excuse for the LJ believers

Not his fault today was it !!!

Something seriously wrong at the club right now

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

People constantly criticise LJ for tinkering with the team selection. He rightly keeps the same team that had deservedly hammered Huddersfield, we had lost 1 in 6 and were on the back of 2 successive wins. Players share as much responsiblity as he does for today. We know the system works. Go two goals down in 25 minutes and the game plan is out the window.

A decent manager should have done his homework on Brentford who are clearly a different team to Huddersfiield and set up so we don't get overrun as we did.

He is employed and paid highly as a manager to suss out the opposition and and set us up to best counter them.........this is where Lee is a novice and where someone more experienced would know what to do.

5 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Agree - but what does that tell you ((Other than the players deserve a rocket up,their arse)

They certainly aren't performing for him - rightly / wrongly and for whatever reason, with only 6 of his 20 odd signings starting again today 

Hes already discarded a large proportion of the squad as he can't trust them and today we get that - I'd guess there's probably about four that he can trust in by now which in a eleven a side game is a bit of a problem

Whatever the reason he certainly get a tune out of these players for 90 mins (Huddersfield aside) let alone a run of games

Professional footballers will grab any excuse to provide reason for poor individual performance and I'm afraid it appears LJ is , rightly or wrongly theirs 

Perhaps Pembo had sneaked back in today ? - He was the latest excuse for the LJ believers

But they have been performing for him recently? They just weren't up for it today for whatever reason. Brentford are an odd team, I've watched them twice this season and they looked great in one game and rubbish in the other. They had a good day and we had (one of many!) bad ones. But there's no excusing going 2-0 down in 25 minutes, a complete lack of fight shown and we've seen that the system and team can work.

Never blamed Pembo, as I'm sure you know. Simply defended LJ's right to choose his own backroom staff and our good form since he left suggests that the board's decision (not LJ's) to part ways with Pemberton early looked to have been the right one. Particularly our defensive record.

Today was very disappointing. Most games this season we've narrowly been edged but there were no excuses for today, we were outclassed and outfought. LJ said the same afterwards but we cannot afford that sort of performance at this point in the season. Needs to be a response on Tuesday but the clock is ticking.

Convenient how the players step up for a game where their pals and peers can watch on national TV for them to get into bed after the match to be told by twitter they were "on flames" or "played sick mate"

Fade back into Saturday 3pm mode and get wiped clean by a club who are made up of Fulham and Chelsea fans 

16 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

But they have been performing for him recently?

Huddesfield they performed - For 'him' ? 

Who knows - I'd sugggest not 'for him'

When else have we 'performed' in the last 3/4 months ? (Not for 'spells' in a game - for a whole performance)

6 minutes ago, petehinton said:

Convenient how the players step up for a game where their pals and peers can watch on national TV for them to get into bed after the match to be told by twitter they were "on flames" or "played sick mate"

Fade back into Saturday 3pm mode and get wiped clean by a club who are made up of Fulham and Chelsea fans 

Certainly looks that way right now

1 minute ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Huddesfield they performed - For 'him' ? 

Who knows - I'd sugggest not 'for him'

When else have we performed sinnthe last 3/4 months ? (Not for 'spells' in a game - for a whole performance)

I wouldn't say there's been an evident game where the players haven't performed for the manager. Fulham and Brighton outclassed us but only beat us by two goals. Compare it to past managers that have been sacked here and usually you can see if players have lost all confidence in the manager as they will completely collapse and get hammered. Today was probably the closest you could see to them not playing for the manager throughout the whole season but I don't think that's the case or we'd have lost 4 or 5 nil. I think they just lacked the fight for whatever reason. I can accept losing 2-0 but not going 2-0 down so early on without showing any fight.

24 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

It tells me every game is different and how important it is to get the first goal!

Just now, JHAGa said:

I wouldn't say there's been an evident game where the players haven't performed for the manager. Fulham and Brighton outclassed us but only beat us by two goals. Compare it to past managers that have been sacked here and usually you can see if players have lost all confidence in the manager as they will completely collapse and get hammered. Today was probably the closest you could see to them not playing for the manager throughout the whole season but I don't think that's the case or we'd have lost 4 or 5 nil. I think they just lacked the fight for whatever reason. I can accept losing 2-0 but not going 2-0 down so early on without showing any fight.

That wasn't the question - it was asking for an example of a performance that they 'are playing for him'

Not a guess / believed theta there is insufficient evidence that they arnt

People can cry bullshit all they like but I've been around long enough to see when players aren't busting a gut and ours have been anonymous on the whole for months

Personally Imdont think they're playing for him and more worryingly spirit doesn't even appear to be good enough between them to do it for each other

Did you see their 'efforts' in the Fulham game for example ?

Come on the Huddersfield result was just one of those random things that football throws up every now and then! we have been absolute dire crap most of the season did people really think things would have changed   

22 minutes ago, petehinton said:

But if that's the case, and I don't disagree that it might be, should the players not be taking a lot more of a share of the blame than they have been?

Of course, they may not like or believe in the manager, but surely professional pride and reputation should kick in at some point? 

3 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

But if that's the case, and I don't disagree that it might be, should the players not be taking a lot more of a share of the blame than they have been?

Of course, they may not like or believe in the manager, but surely professional pride and reputation should kick in at some point? 

100 per cent. With the exception of Tammy Abraham, if I was a Championship manager, I wouldn't take a single one of our players

23 minutes ago, Northern Red said:

Yep. 

Out of all of our squad - I'd stick my neck out and say Fielding, Alby, Tammy, Maggy and maybe O'Dowda & potentially O'Neil are doing their best for the club. 

We've a lot of very selfish, self important players as a bulk of the club again. Last time that happened was the last time we went down under SOD.  

The double winning squad under Cotts would've held hands and run through walls for each other and this club. 

12 minutes ago, AshtonGreat said:

100 per cent. With the exception of Tammy Abraham, if I was a Championship manager, I wouldn't take a single one of our players

I'm not sure I'd necessarily go that far in terms of the number of players, but, as in any line of work, if you're a prospective employer and a potential new employee has been seen to down tools because they didn't like their previous manager, it's going to put you off isn't it? 

4 hours ago, JHAGa said:

It's because we are easy to beat, even the genius that is LJ admitted teams have to do very little to beat us, why put extra effort into beating a soft side, it's easy to spot when city are beaten and teams take their foot off of the pedal, we are basically as soft as LJ was as a player.

Preston will be fascinating and could be important too.

We have (rightly or wrongly) a very big squad so the manager has to leave out ( not necessarily 'fall out with') a dozen or so of our players.

Opinions rightly differ amongst all our fans about which 11 should start in what formation. That's the beauty of football opinion but only one person can make that call and it's currently Lj.

Most of us would have picked his starting 11 yesterday but as the team effort was so poor for 45 mins I would make changes for PNE; dropping  Pack and Cotterell to the bench.

We have not yet completed 2 seasons in the Championship and I think most of us would say Frankie, Smith, Joe, Flinty ( of our best back5?) are still learning their game at thus level.

We either allow our 'double team' to develop from being League 1 standard or bin the lot. Providing we can just stay up, I for one am pleased to see them still here. If the new signings aren't good enough we will struggle as we have done for parts of this season.

This coming summer will obviously be important but some of these 7 games are too; see you at Deepdale.

9 hours ago, Hampshire Red said:

Preston will be fascinating and could be important too.

We have (rightly or wrongly) a very big squad so the manager has to leave out ( not necessarily 'fall out with') a dozen or so of our players.

Opinions rightly differ amongst all our fans about which 11 should start in what formation. That's the beauty of football opinion but only one person can make that call and it's currently Lj.

Most of us would have picked his starting 11 yesterday but as the team effort was so poor for 45 mins I would make changes for PNE; dropping  Pack and Cotterell to the bench.

We have not yet completed 2 seasons in the Championship and I think most of us would say Frankie, Smith, Joe, Flinty ( of our best back5?) are still learning their game at thus level.

We either allow our 'double team' to develop from being League 1 standard or bin the lot. Providing we can just stay up, I for one am pleased to see them still here. If the new signings aren't good enough we will struggle as we have done for parts of this season.

This coming summer will obviously be important but some of these 7 games are too; see you at Deepdale.

Joe Bryan should be dropped for the rest of the season, he is a god awful full back and not and never will be fit for purpose in that position, whatever our idiot manager believes.

1 hour ago, aa_bcfc said:

Huddersfield performance and result was one of the once or twice a season flukes all teams have. We were crap v Wigan and crap yesterday that is our normal form and performance level. We're down better face up to it. 

How often do teams at the bottom of the table beat teams at the top of the table 4-0 by fluke?

59 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

How often do teams at the bottom of the table beat teams at the top of the table 4-0 by fluke?

Well they hardly ever do it on form do they?  Basic logic, I reckon Huddersfield was the fluke result rather than the shambles we saw yesterday.

1 minute ago, RumRed said:

Well they hardly ever do it on form do they?  Basic logic, I reckon Huddersfield was the fluke result rather than the shambles we saw yesterday.

Winning deservedly 4-0 against the in-form team in the division is some fluke! Players need to take more responsibility.

3 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Winning deservedly 4-0 against the in-form team in the division is some fluke! Players need to take more responsibility.

The question is why are they not?  Who's job is it to make them?

And a fluke can also be attributed to the fact that for some reason the players gave a shit, now what could that reason be I wonder?

On 4/1/2017 at 13:39, JHAGa said:

I do have a lot of sympathy for the players were utter crap for 45 minutes yesterday, so they take a share of the blame theory. They do!

But we are 39 games in the table does not lie and we are back in the managers own words to the drawing board!

His drawing board and his ultimate responsibility to get his team to play!

Ergo over 39 games it's him! Millions spent for this. Still maybe Engval will get a run soon?

Archived