IGNORED

Johnson - Back To The Drawing Board (Merged)

Dorset_Cider

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Jesus, your posts don't get any better do they?  Either say something original or don't say anything at all.

Or actually wake up and see what is before you, LJ is beyond useless and is taking us to hell in a hand cart and even if we do manage to scab a way to stay up he will never imho be able to produce a consistent team, he doesn't have the skill set for that, 2 competent performances in 39 games is testament to that, I keep asking what is it that up to 90% are missing that you are seeing in the idiot.

8 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In charge for 14 months

a Pre season to plan and prepare

19 players signed

39 games into the current season

After a 10 day International break to prepare for our vital run in

and this clown declares 'its back to the drawing board'

Priceless even for Johnson

Sums up perfectly how completely clueless he is

Never mind we have a triple gathering of apprentice coaches with zero CV in full control

The vision of it all is remarkably clear for everyone to see when you lay it out so well like that. The problem is someone in the driving seat sees it all differently; we need a character like Walter Matthau in the Original 'Taking of Pelham 123' to take control of this fiasco now by the scruff of the neck..

pelham123.jpeg.f6155942f66e309206bf4a11cc6450e6.jpeg

6 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

He will make changes for Tuesday and that will include dropping Odowda and fielding out the team and maintaining Joe Bryan and GON should play. 

You can see it already! 

Hilarious but true and therefore very sad.

We must assume SL isn't bothered about third division football unlike us supporters

His Project doesn't need Championship football

All he requires is a yes man

I am suspicious of all vanity projects. Just sorry City are enmeshed in it

But BS will fail and SL will go, as will LJ .  Keep believing in The Robins 

10 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

We must assume SL isn't bothered about third division football unlike us supporters

His Project doesn't need Championship football

All he requires is a yes man

I am suspicious of all vanity projects. Just sorry City are enmeshed in it

But BS will fail and SL will go, as will LJ .  Keep believing in The Robins 

I wonder if it will fail or will Mr Lansdown just get bored with all the failure and pull the plug? Either way I can't see much changing whilst he holds the purse strings, always thought he was a rather down to earth chap for all his wealth ( even had a chat with him at Tranmere of all places on a wet Tuesday evening many years ago), but sadly seems to believe he knows best when everyone else can see its just not working.

12 hours ago, havanatopia said:

Forest, Blackburn or us. I have a feeling Blackburn will continue their mild turnaround with Mowbray at the helm which leaves us and Forest. I think Burton will look back on yesterday's injury time winner and say, that is what kept us up. Admittedly, they have arguably the toughest run in but lets face it every match now is critical for all of these 4 teams. But lets face it.. 

Blackburn and Forest have new competent managers, Clough knows how to grind out results for Burton and then we have the clueless Johnson. How on earth can we possibly hope to stay up? A minor miracle.

Edited that " a major miracle"

7 hours ago, Tears in rain said:

He will make changes for Tuesday and that will include dropping Odowda and fielding out the team and maintaining Joe Bryan and GON should play. 

You can see it already! 

Fielding saved them from an even bigger defeat, so I don't think that would be ideal, but hey, it really doesn't matter what team he selects, with this useless coach in charge we are going back to the comfort of L1. I really think that's what SL wants, as imo he knows that BCFC  just can't compete in the Championship, so lets go down again and start to win games and the fans will come whatever.  I think he will find it will be a struggle,  as the teams in L1 are getting stronger every season and it won't be like it was under SC, certainly not with this coach in charge.  Happy days!

1 hour ago, havanatopia said:

The vision of it all is remarkably clear for everyone to see when you lay it out so well like that. The problem is someone in the driving seat sees it all differently; we need a character like Walter Matthau in the Original 'Taking of Pelham 123' to take control of this fiasco now by the scruff of the neck..

pelham123.jpeg.f6155942f66e309206bf4a11cc6450e6.jpeg

Hilarious but true and therefore very sad.

Instead we've got our own version of The Odd Couple .....

starring Lee J as Felix Unger & Steve L as Oscar Madison.

10 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

In charge for 14 months

a Pre season to plan and prepare

19 players signed

39 games into the current season

After a 10 day International break to prepare for our vital run in

and this clown declares 'its back to the drawing board'

Priceless even for Johnson

Sums up perfectly how completely clueless he is

Never mind we have a triple gathering of apprentice coaches with zero CV in full control

Totally agree, it's utterly ridiculous that a professional football manager admits in April that he's run out of ideas and has to start again, especially when faced with a relegation battle....someone who apparently loves our club so much would have admitted he's out of his depth and walked....but I know it's terribly naive of me to even think that would ever happen....or is it?

I believe that most of a red persuasion dislike Ian Holloway as a football person...but even he had the integrity to go to the Crystal Palace chairman when he was their manager and admit he wasn't the best person for the job anymore. I say it through gritted teeth, but that showed integrity and he put the future success of the club above his own stubborn beliefs...

LJ doesn't seem to want to do that....and it hurts to see that but I can still both sides of the argument...why walk if someone above you believes in you? Well Holloway did....and I'm certainly no fan of his at all....

1 hour ago, Tomlins_toe said:

Seen a quote from LJ saying we need to go back to the drawing board.....it's F#%!@#*g April!!!!

If you dont know your best 11 now you never will. Absloute joke. Dreading this next month 

Seven to play, six left and still no points, and the players are in their flip flops, ready for the beaches. 

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone know why Tomlin is living in Leicester ?

Driving for 5 hrs a day for a clearly unfit footballer is hardly ideal and and doesn't suggest much about his views of being at AG for too long 

Will be gone at the end of the season!

2 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Anyone know why Tomlin is living in Leicester ?

Driving for 5 hrs a day for a clearly unfit footballer is hardly ideal and and doesn't suggest much about his views of being at AG for too long 

Born and raised there. Came through their academy. 

Just now, petehinton said:

Born and raised there. Came through their academy. 

No I realise that Pete - but I wouldn't expect him to be commuting from Leicester daily as he's doing - I thought he was living down here previously and had impression from LJ that it was a recent issue, so I wondered why he's now based back in Leicester

Not ideal - a family issue always a possibility

9 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

No I realise that Pete - but I wouldn't expect him to be commuting from Leicester daily as he's doing - I thought he was living down here previously and had impression from LJ that it was a recent issue, so I wondered why he's now based back in Leicester

Not ideal - a family issue always a possibility

Oh sorry mate. 

Loan deals will 99% of the time be put in club owned accommodation (which is in Portishead I believe?) so he was no doubt there. I used to see him on Park St on a Saturday night a few times so he clearly wasn't in Leicester when he was on loan here.

Seems he's very much a family man and doesn't want to A) be away from them and/or B) make them move?

Albie lives in Manchester a few days a week at his 'real' home too. 

Not sure how much pressure any club can put on a player to move house really. 

Archived