IGNORED

The pitying generosity of a Brentford fan ....

headhunter

I went on Saturday, c.2 hours of my life I won't get back!!!

Sat in the Paddock to the right of where City fans were behind the goal. The 2nd row from the front and very close [unfortunately] to the muppet whose antics prompted the chant from some of ours "who's the *anker in the green"!

What a foul-mouthed bunch with liberal use of the 'C' word in front of young kids - pretty appalling tbh.

Anyway, back on topic the missus checked in to our hotel in the afternoon and in conversation with the concierge it transpired he was a Bees fan and out of pity gave her a bottle of champagne and upgraded us to a suite which by the time I got there mitigated the disappointment of the afternoon.

Thoughts on the game:

Were it not for Frankie we could have been 0-4 down at half time.

Why play the jet lagged Wright when we had the fresher and highly capable Mags

Tomlin at his most frustrating, offering nothing up front and dropping deep

Joe Bryan - one of our own he may be but IMHO he is stealing a wage and for me he's been utter shite all season

If Tammy's effort against the post had gone in I think we may have gone on to get a point.

LJ - get out of our *ucking club. You are out of your depth and I guess back to the drawing board means you now want another 3 transfer windows!!!!

15 minutes ago, headhunter said:

Sat in the Paddock to the right of where City fans were behind the goal. The 2nd row from the front and very close [unfortunately] to the muppet whose antics prompted the chant from some of ours "who's the *anker in the green"!

What a foul-mouthed bunch with liberal use of the 'C' word in front of young kids - pretty appalling tbh.

Anyway, back on topic the missus checked in to our hotel in the afternoon and in conversation with the concierge it transpired he was a Bees fan and out of pity gave her a bottle of champagne and upgraded us to a suite which by the time I got there mitigated the disappointment of the afternoon.

Thoughts on the game:

Joe Bryan - one of our own he may be but IMHO he is stealing a wage and for me he's been utter shite all season

If Tammy's effort against the post had gone in I think we may have gone on to get a point.

LJ - get out of our *ucking club. You are out of your depth and I guess back to the drawing board means you now want another 3 transfer windows!!!!

fair play for going, I only watched the beamback and I said exactly the same as you what a waste of two hours.

The only thing that salvaged my day was a bargain slate firesurround from a bloke in Whitton and a tumble dryer from a bloke in Surbiton.

But then an erroneous parking ticket when I'd used Ringo to pay for my parking balanced out the day to a nice round experience.

Football was dreadful though.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Just a laughing stock now

Feel sorry for those players who are trying

My own inclination for last role of dice would be to have joint head coaches of Tinnion and Tomlin/Flint.  Really believe that would give us a fighting chance 

Who are trying? Really trying? Not many from what I can see. Tomlin isn't trying and Flint isn't good enough.

And Tinnion ****** up last time.

2 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

My own inclination for last role of dice would be to have joint head coaches of Tinnion and Tomlin/Flint.  Really believe that would give us a fighting chance 

So the players are trying, but are being prevented from succeeding by the manager?  What's he doing, running on the field and tripping them off when they're in sight of goal?  Come on, I doubt that there is a single person on this forum who would not have gone with an unchanged team on Saturday, and we hoped that the team would perform as they left off against Huddersfield.  Can you really blame the manager that they didn't?  When that whistle goes there are eleven Bristol City players out on that pitch, and they simply didn't perform in the first half on Saturday. I am not suggesting the manager doesn't have any influence at all, but when the chips are down the players have to go out there and play for the shirt.  No excuses for them on Saturday.

No, we're not a laughing stock.  We're not even in the relegation zone.  Your proposed solution might well make us a laughing stock though.  Flint as coach?  Fantastic!  Why not Scott Murray as Manager (sadly, I can no longer suggest Beryl Fudge, as used to be the tradition when such suggestions were made...)

16 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

And Tinnion ****** up last time.

I'm frustrated at how many slag off BT's time as manager.

He missed the playoffs in 04/05 by a handful of points and that was despite having Millen foisted on him as Assistant by  Steve "let's save some cash" Lansdown when he clearly he could have done with an experienced No. 2.

Don't judge BT on the 7-1 at Swansea or his mediocre signings in summer 05 - he didn't have the budget afforded to 

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

So the players are trying, but are being prevented from succeeding by the manager?  What's he doing, running on the field and tripping them off when they're in sight of goal?  Come on, I doubt that there is a single person on this forum who would not have gone with an unchanged team on Saturday, and we hoped that the team would perform as they left off against Huddersfield.  Can you really blame the manager that they didn't?  When that whistle goes there are eleven Bristol City players out on that pitch, and they simply didn't perform in the first half on Saturday. I am not suggesting the manager doesn't have any influence at all, but when the chips are down the players have to go out there and play for the shirt.  No excuses for them on Saturday.

No, we're not a laughing stock.  We're not even in the relegation zone.  Your proposed solution might well make us a laughing stock though.  Flint as coach?  Fantastic!  Why not Scott Murray as Manager (sadly, I can no longer suggest Beryl Fudge, as used to be the tradition when such suggestions were made...)

Me please Sir..

Would have started with Tammy 'n Taylor to give em somthing to do at the back, somthing else to think about..

Would have started with Magners in for Wright also.

3 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Be honest I didn't really see anyone busting a gut on Saturday. Lazy Getz 

20 minutes ago, Robert the bruce said:

Me please Sir..

Would have started with Tammy 'n Taylor to give em somthing to do at the back, somthing else to think about..

Would have started with Magners in for Wright also.

Oh well, fair play.  If Bailey Wright was jetlagged, then I'd have gone for that too, but he's been one of our better players in the last few weeks.

If Taylor stopped missing open goals, he might inspire a bit more confidence...

I was playing Dad's taxi's all day on Saturday. To be honest, I was relived when the second went in so I could turn it off 

I didn't even bother checking the score thereafter. I honestly don't think I've ever done that before, that had enough of it all. End of the season can't come soon enough, regardless of the outcome

1 hour ago, headhunter said:

He missed the playoffs in 04/05 by a handful of points and that was despite having Millen foisted on him as Assistant by  Steve "let's save some cash" Lansdown when he clearly he could have done with an experienced No. 2.

Don't judge BT on the 7-1 at Swansea or his mediocre signings in summer 05 - he didn't have the budget afforded to 

At least BT had the guts to walk away. LJ seems to hang around no matter what is thrown at him Problem is he had the board support. Not sure why!!! 

5 hours ago, Ivorguy said:

Wilbo/Tinion for me but I take your point. Someone needs to get something from them LJ obviously has a problem there

I think most people that watched that game on Saturday now realise that our chances of staying up look bleak ,apart from the huddersfield  game which I think was a blip we   have been utter shute since October .  how Johnson is still in a job is just amazing ,but the real problem is hes still going to be in charge of us next season in league 1 . dark times ahead .   Back to the  drawing board then  lee or you could just do all of us a favour and just piss off .

5 hours ago, headhunter said:

I don't know the full ins and outs of it but BT was a poor manager of a group of individuals in league where our budget should see us win it 8 in 10 times.

He missed the playoffs in a league we should be winning, KM has since gone on to get promoted with us, almost make it to the prem with us, get to the prem and successfully stay there as a No. 2.

05 mediocre signings, do you mean Stewart, Bridges, Keogh ect - no big budget for signings but must have set SL back quite a bit with contracts.

Fair enough Tinnion proved his worth in breaking the drinking club and with that came political suicide - his time in charge was not good or successful and as you say can't be defined by the 7-1.

11 hours ago, headhunter said:

Thoughts on the game:

Ersinally I like how you sensored *ucking but not sh*te!!

Archived