IGNORED

David Moyes

Super

6 hours ago, Super said:

Those days have long gone if I threatened a female colleague in work with a slap I would be out of a job. I can't see this going away and see how he can keep his job.

threatening someone, and having a joke are two different things. You must be great fun to be around

3 minutes ago, MarcusX said:

But this one did.

what is it with people taking offence on others behalf? Why do you feel so strongly about a matter you know nothing about? For all we know he knew the reporter - I assume people in these roles see a lot of each other before/after games etc.

there are men and women at work that I know I can have a joke with and say pretty much the whatever without causing offence, that is most likely what happened here.

Image result for david moyes

He didn't mean it literally, it's a figure of speech, and the only important person in the whole affair - the lady in question - was entirely unbothered by it which would only confirm the jesting manner in which it was said and she took it.

Someone higher up at the BBC taking offence and being outraged on others' behalf as per usual and trying to impose their absurd sensibilities on the rest of us. Surprise surprise!!

Hopefully common sense will prevail and this will blow over quickly, surely nobody wants the PC idiots at the likes of the BBC defining what we all can or cannot say with a witch hunt against anybody who crosses their pathetic lines?

It's a hard one tbh. A hard one.

Maybe she puts on the laugh a bit because being freelance, and I am only talking worst case scenario here, but being freelance and local radio does she feign the laughter a bit? Being freelance if her actions and let's say she had taken exception...Moyes takes exception=less work, possibly contract not renewed. I am on the fence about it, can't make a full view without seeing the full interview. Any body-language experts on here?

Grand scheme of things it's very minor. He apparently has previous though, according to varied papers. Language and workplace banter in 2017 is a thorny issue though, best just say nothing to be entirely on safe side.

Times article on it has this quote which is an interesting line:

"Moyes effectively threatened to ban Sparks from the club with his warning."

That may have affected the laughter and the playing down- we don't know.

On ‎03‎/‎04‎/‎2017 at 15:27, RedM said:

That's what I couldn't understand either, is it a case they knew each other well and was acceptable as a joke between them, whatever the rights and wrongs in a wider context are? Is it another case of somebody  getting offended on someone else's behalf yet again?

Nail on head I think

I don't get the sexism thing - because I suspect he would have made a similar (or worse) comment to a man.

However, I do think there's a control/censorship issue, as I got the impression there was an edge in his voice and the implication that some questions were unacceptable. It wasn't that joky. These football people are full of themselves and often treat the journalists like dirt (compare Mourinho recently) and that's what I see as the main issue.

Archived