IGNORED

The worst manager in the history of club

tinman85

For me Tony Pulis still wears that crown.

I get the worst losing run streak and the current situation but the football under Pulis and the toxic relationship almost from day one of his reign was something I've never seen before or since and never want to witness again. 

He is 100% our worst manager since I've been supporting the club since the mid 90s.

He's the worst because he's been allowed to be the worst by the owner. 

6 months now of absolute dross. 

SOD, McInnes don't come close for me. Pulis was only here half a season and at least Coppell did the decent thing and walked after 2 games. 

Hope you're proud Mr Lansdown because you've ruined your mates career.

35 minutes ago, Kid in the Riot said:

He is 100% our worst manager since I've been supporting the club since the mid 90s.

SOD, McInnes don't come close for me. Pulis was only here half a season and at least Coppell did the decent thing and walked after 2 games. 

Oh come on, SOD was appalling. So is Johnson mind you

SoD was bad, but it was is miserable personality which didn't help and having to slash the player budget.

Lee Johnson have been afforded the opportunity most City managers in the past could only dream of and yet he still screwed it up.

That what's makes him the worst manager in our history.

53 minutes ago, One Team said:

For me Tony Pulis still wears that crown.

I get the worst losing run streak and the current situation but the football under Pulis and the toxic relationship almost from day one of his reign was something I've never seen before or since and never want to witness again. 

pulis didnt get us relagated

1 hour ago, Kid in the Riot said:

Worst for me , all things considered , in 46 years

1 minute ago, RedLionLad said:

Johnson has to be the worst. 

Most of our other 'bad' managers had something on their CV before coming here and quite a few have improved their record since.

Can't think of another manager that dragged us down from a position so much. 

22 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

McInnes was worse and lost his head more than LJ. Although he was put out of his misery quicker.

His record here certainly suggests that, but Johnson has destroyed almost everything that City had going for them.

Some fans were saddened to see Del go.........I can't imagine anyone would be sad to see LJ go.

1 hour ago, RedLionLad said:

His record here certainly suggests that, but Johnson has destroyed almost everything that City had going for them.

Some fans were saddened to see Del go.........I can't imagine anyone would be sad to see LJ go.

What was destroyed? I loved SC and didn't want him to go but LJ worked from February-October. So what since October has been destroyed? We sold our best player, players/manager lost confidence and it was never regained (apart from a flicker of hope after Huddersfield).

Maybe team spirit that was such a key factor under SC but that's on the board more than anyone.

13 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

What was destroyed? I loved SC and didn't want him to go but LJ worked from February-October. So what since October has been destroyed? We sold our best player, players/manager lost confidence and it was never regained (apart from a flicker of hope after Huddersfield).

Maybe team spirit that was such a key factor under SC but that's on the board more than anyone.

So in your opinion it's all down to simply a,'loss,of confidence' then is it ?

Priceless

oh sorry , and selling our best player ( a Johnson and Ashton decision btw)

1 hour ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

So in your opinion it's all down to simply a,'loss,of confidence' then is it ?

Priceless

What's it down to then? Love to actually see your reasoning for once instead of you writing the same old basic anti-LJ posts.

50 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

McInnes was worse and lost his head more than LJ. Although he was put out of his misery quicker.

He had no financial backing. No huge backroom team to help out. Basically hung out to dry. Oh yeah, he signed Richard Foster, which at least gave people a bit of a laugh.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

What's it down to then? Love to actually see your reasoning for once instead of you writing the same old basic anti-LJ posts.

Try

A coach who can't coach

A coach who has no credibility with the players

A coach who has outed players in public 

Poor recruitment

Selling players that are better than we kept

Constant changes

No tactical acumen 

Do,you want me to go on ?

You seem to be veering towards making pitiful excuses for him again after wanting him out 

Seems you're confused

So answering my question - you put it all down to 'Selling our best player' and a 'loss of confidence do you ?

1 hour ago, Sleepy1968 said:

He had no financial backing. No huge backroom team to help out. Basically hung out to dry. Oh yeah, he signed Richard Foster, which at least gave people a bit of a laugh.

McInnes opted to sale Bolasie and Pitman, brought in the likes of Morris, Foster, Mark Wilson, Bates etc and showed his inexperience after a poor run of results and never recovered. Very similar to LJ. But LJ lost his star player without time to sign a replacement and often lost games by the odd goal whereas Del was on the end of hammerings a good few times, which makes Del slightly worse for me.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

McInnes opted to sale Bolasie and Pitman, brought in the likes of Morris, Foster, Mark Wilson, Bates etc and showed his inexperience after a poor run of results and never recovered. Very similar to LJ.

But LJ lost his star player without time to sign a replacement and often lost games by the odd goal whereas Del was on the end of hammerings a good few times, which makes Del slightly worse for me.

Stop,spouting inaccurate drivel / lies to suit your pitiful agenda and embarrassment at making (pitiful)excuses for Johnson for so long

By his OWN admission the decision to,sell JK , or not was down to Johnson and Ashton

Try

A coach who can't coach

A coach who has no credibility with the players

A coach who has outed players in public 

Poor recruitment

Selling players that are better than we kept

No tactical acumen 

Do,you want me to go on ?

You seem to be veering towards making pitiful excuses for him again after wanting him out 

Seems you're confused

So answering my question - you put it all down to 'Selling our best player' and a 'loss of confidence do you ?

So how did this coach that can't coach do so well from February to October? No tactical acumen and yet I recall him tweaking things in a lot of games and leading us on to win from February to October. Hardly the sign of a manager that lacks tactical acumen. How did a coach that recruited so poorly have us playing so well the first few months of the season despite losing his best player without time for a replacement? He outs players in public? Wow, never heard of a manager doing that before... unbelievable. Doesn't have credibility amongst the players? Well maybe that says more about the egos in the dressing room, we've seen it enough times in modern football, irrespective of the level. Even Ranieri lost out to player power, a few months after leading Leicester to a league title.

I've never put it all down to those reasons although I think they're two key factors.

Stop,spouting inaccurate drivel / lies to suit your pitiful agenda and embarrassment at making excuses for Johnson for so long

By his OWN admission the decision to,sell JK , or not was down to Johnson and Ashton

My agenda? Hahahaha.

Last time I reply to you, you are unbelievable. Hope you enjoy your celebrations when LJ eventually goes. Maybe this time next year when the next manager fails, you'll finally see sense and look at the bigger picture.

Archived