IGNORED

Magnusson has to take complete responsibility in my view...

LondonBristolian

I also note from LJs interview he says 'They' need to be stronger, 'They' need to be mentally tougher. Instead of opting for 'we' as if to absolve himself for any of the rubbish served up last night.

Funny that the mantra from the powers that be is that 'we' are in this together. But according to the excuse of a manager of ours it's all They're doing. After last night I really am convinced that the dressing room is really 'us' and 'Them' and like his father once before him. He really has lost it.

Just now, Peter O Hanraha-hanrahan said:

Probably stuck him on up front Glyn.

I only ask because he's gone out of his way to tell us Magners can't play LB.

If he's then stuck him on there, and called him out after the event, well, what a ****!

Very, very, very harsh and unprofessional to single out Magnusson. Yes there was a tackle he made when their player danced round him to make it 4 nil but it wasn't like we looked like scoring a single goal never mind coming back from 3 down, in other words Hordour mistiming didn't make a bloody but of difference in the outcome of the game, Preston were rampant by then and I reckon I could have ran through our non existent midfield and defence and slotted home a goal myself! Hordour did nothing worse than any other player had done, it's plain spiteful and nasty to make those comments. Lee you have done yourself no favours here, with the fans or his teammates I would imagine. You've certainly gone down in my estimation, not that that counts for much.

Magnusson is the most positive player at all times. He is good looking and popular for sure, a full international with the world at his feet with the talent he has,  but he is also intelligent too, maybe a bit too much for LeeJ to handle?

as for formation, gawd knows, it was hard to tell who was playing where anyway, no shape no structure throughout the match.

He will come on the Twitter later to say so.

Now what is going on with Johnson. He should be fired today. End of. Put Tomlin in charge as player manager. Go out on the lash before the next game, build some team spirit and let's see what happens. Formation should be 1-3-6. That should work. Oh and we should recall all our players who are playing well on loan and put them in the team. 

And as for Lansdown. I've made my point of view very clear. He is not running this club as a football club for success. He would have sorted it out years ago if he had. The man isn't stupid. And that's the point. He owns a nice little part of BS3, several sports teams (who mostly will be relegated this year). This is not a man who seems to be wanting the best for Bristol City.

16 minutes ago, ColeCiderRed said:

I also note from LJs interview he says 'They' need to be stronger, 'They' need to be mentally tougher. Instead of opting for 'we' as if to absolve himself for any of the rubbish served up last night.

Years ago I read Shaun Goater's book and he is critical of Kevin Keegan for this. After a good result the players would be referred to as 'we' but this would change to 'they' after a poor one. Since then I have always noticed managers that are guilty of this and it is actually pretty surprising how common it is.

That said, the chancer who currently sits in the home dugout at Ashton Gate really is a special example of this.

33 minutes ago, bobbyhutchscurlymullet said:

Isn't that how the little turd spent most of his playing career?

Quote following Derby game " I don't know whether to give them a smack on the bum or a cuddle"

Come on Uncle Steve...cuddle him back !!! You normally do......

IMG_0201.PNG

1 hour ago, The_Don said:

I listened to the interview last night and it seemed LJ was prepared to deflect the blame in any direction he could.

Obviously the players had a massive part to play in the humiliating loss but a manager comes out, sucks it all up and takes it on the chin, tonight he sounded desperate to pin the blame on anyone.

He is a joke. Gary used to do the same though. The Johnson clan are never at fault.

Update: LJ has now gone on to blame Magnusson for the moonlit sky and the dream that died with the eagle's flight. He also blames him for the moonlit nights when he wonders why are the seas still dry.

He has also decided to blame last night's result on the sunshine, the moonlight, the good times and the boogie. 

Not just for all five goals conceded last night, including the 3 where he was not on the pitch. I also hope he accepts he was at fault in the Suez Crisis, the Panama Affair, the dot-com bubble and the financial crash.

Who knows what other damage this man has done whilst seemingly being in a position where they were not able to influence events? 

Best thread and post of the day.  Brilliant!

48 minutes ago, LondonBristolian said:

Update: LJ has now gone on to blame Magnusson for the moonlit sky and the dream that died with the eagle's flight. He also blames him for the moonlit nights when he wonders why are the seas still dry.

He has also decided to blame last night's result on the sunshine, the moonlight, the good times and the boogie. 

Another poster whose posts I read and value as you are thoughtful and measured :thumbsup:

The fact that you have lost patience and lost it with him says it all

What a farce

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Have you thought of any evidence of his obvious 'coaching skills' that you were proclaiming last night  yet ?

Not "evidence" exactly but positive comments from the fans at his previous clubs. Both sets considered him a decent coach.

but then they don't much about football ooop nerth do they?     :cool:

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Not "evidence" exactly but positive comments from the fans at his previous clubs. Both sets considered him a decent coach.

but then they don't much about football ooop nerth do they?     :cool:

Really ?

So not based on any evidence you've seen yourself in 15 months ?

I regularly check out other  forums / views

For any positive comment I can find lots of long well written and explained posts (There's been enough on here from visiting Tykes) explaining how hopeless he was , and still is

You did well to find anything positive about him

4 hours ago, jayjay said:

Johnson is an unprincipled turd. Granted only a small turd but a turd nonetheless.

a small turd ? with the bullshit of a steaming great pile of turd.

all comes from his mouth so must be a bigger turd to contain such vast amounts of turd.

need a few thousand gallons of jeyes fluid  and bleach to wash this one away.

I dont see why people are so surprised that he's blamed Hordur, I mean he must be one of a few that hasn't been criticised before now by our young upcoming head coach this season.

If it's good for one, then it's good for them all.

Just now, Taz said:

I dont see why people are so surprised that he's blamed Hordur, I mean he must be one of a few that hasn't been criticised before now by our young upcoming head coach this season.

If it's good for one, then it's good for them all.

WHO IS LEFT ? maybe um.........the fool on the hill....stood by the dugout

1 hour ago, Taz said:

Flint and Bryan I think. May be wrong but can't remember him criticising those two....

these 2 maybe members of the brown shoe club?

Archived