IGNORED

Refunding of a renewed season ticket?

gl1

Morning all

Like many others, I suspect, I renew year after year, rain or shine...

However, does anyone know the terms and conditions of cancellation of a season ticket that has been renewed for next season. Presumably as we are still in this season, one would have the right to change ones mind for next season. If the current regime continues I will not be much in a mood to continue watching the team I love roll over, week after week.

I know I could ring the club, but thought I'd seek the wisdom of the OTIB community first, and also to see if there is anyone else in the same boat.

I will put my tin hat on now to protect again the "fairweather fan" and "better off without your plastic support" comments, but bring it on - thick skinned here! Just cant justify nigh on a grand outlay for 2 of us to watch what is currently being served up

Thanks in advance, people.

As others have said. As you conducted the transaction without being there in person as long as you cancel within the first 14 days then you are within the legal cooling off period therefore cancellation will be at no cost as you have not had any of the service you were paying for.

7 minutes ago, redmycolour said:

Just phoned the club they say. If you paid for your S/S. in full No refunds.

if you pay by D/D you will not be offered to pay by D/D in the future 

Ha ha they don't get it - so you cancel your DDs and your season ticket and they threaten you won't be able to have a dad option in the future !!!

Brilliant - that's not much of a consequence

Happy Days

26 minutes ago, Busterrimes said:

As others have said. As you conducted the transaction without being there in person as long as you cancel within the first 14 days then you are within the legal cooling off period therefore cancellation will be at no cost as you have not had any of the service you were paying for.

I think tickets are one of the exemptions to the 14 day cooling off period.

So I believe the club might be fine to say they won't refund season tickets, obviously it's not a great example of customer care, but I think they are entitled to take that stance.

17 minutes ago, Bristol Rob said:

So I believe the club might be fine to say they won't refund season tickets, obviously it's not a great example of customer care, but I think they are entitled to take that stance.

A credit or debit card purchase you could be right but those bought on Direct Debit then I think the fan is in a stronger position as the terms  of a DD give the cooling off period.

I know a little about consumer law but am in no way an expert.

A test case would be interesting.

1 hour ago, Bristol Rob said:

It does say concert/event tickets are exempt in the regulations.

However, the previous regulations mentions that only applies to concert/event tickets with a specified date eg a Glasto ticket.

Could try and wrangle it by saying dates for next season have yet to be specified and a ticket needs refunding...

Thanks for replies. Currently at work so unable to call the club. 

As others have said the club may have the law on its side not to refund tickets but it does kind of stink customer service wise 

i fully understand the purchase of a ticket does not guarantee a result on the pitch or even an enjoyment from attending but a stoical stance from the club would show a bit of contempt for the people that are vital for its existence

I am for my sins ,  a Banker ! (No typo). When purchasing goods using a CREDIT card , MasterCard or Visa will offer you full purchase protection ( as stated in the Consumer credit Act ) should the goods arrive either faulty or not as described by the Vendor .  

I'll let you know how I get on , but on the basis that at no point in my transaction did the vendor ( BCFC) describe the goods on offer as being a "total shower of shite " , I believe that I therefore have a strong case for a full refund !!!! I'll keep you posted ! 

Hi all

Long time listener, first time caller so to speak.

No way on God's wide and merry earth I'd buy a season ticket right now so I'm okay but if it helps those that have.

If you are looking for a refund do it en masse.

Plenty of talk of nothing will happen at the ground 're; chants and protests and at other clubs would have been can action. Realise the forum only represents 2%of the fan base but is the perfect means to organise a claim for your money back.

Do it and do it now. Together you are stronger. 

Good luck and don't give up easy.

P.S. To the 312 that went last night and were only properly acknowledged by 2 or 3 players. You deserved infinitely better than that but you can feel proud for that level of support.

Sorry, but what on earth has prompted people to question buying this "product" which they only probably purchased  last week?

What exactly has changed?

Crock of shit January, February.March, and now April with the same useless**** dragging us down.

As I have said previously fair play to all those who renew, but unless your circumstances have changed in the past week, then you are expected to get behind the chosen one next season.

If you've paid by debit or credit card you have no chance of a refund under the circumstances. You have willingly entered into an agreement to purchase tickets to watch city. The merchant (city) are not in breach of this agreement as they intend to provide the service stated.

If you have agreed to pay via direct debit, then I'm assuming you have entered into a credit agreement. As you were not present during the agreement, you will have 14 days cooling off period. You will need to write to the merchant and the credit provider that you no longer wish to use their service/product

3 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

If you've paid by debit or credit card you have no chance of a refund under the circumstances. You have willingly entered into an agreement to purchase tickets to watch city. The merchant (city) are not in breach of this agreement as they intend to provide the service stated.

If you have agreed to pay via direct debit, then I'm assuming you have entered into a credit agreement. As you were not present during the agreement, you will have 14 days cooling off period. You will need to write to the merchant and the credit provider that you no longer wish to use their service/product

Must admit to being confused by that. I willingly buy lots of things online and can legally claim a refund upon return if I change my mind. 

8 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

As the DD payments are over 10 months, and interest is not being charged, the Consumer Credit Act won't apply. However, under the Direct Debit Guarantee, you have the right to cancel at any time.

I am annoyed by the reported stance of the club, namely, that if you cancel your DD you won't be offered the option again. There are a host of other reasons people may wish to cancel their DD, that are nothing to do with the footy being shit, relegation, or LJ's continued tenure. Not great customer relations.

8 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Must admit to being confused by that. I willingly buy lots of things online and can legally claim a refund upon return if I change my mind. 

That's when there's a return policy where the merchant is happy to refund just because you've changed your mind.  Legally they don't have to for that reason but do in the interest of good will

1 minute ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'm simply going to cancel the direct debit and return the tickets when they turn up.

Bit like overstaying your parking in Lidl and getting a ticket. 

If BS want to argue about it let them. I'm sure they'll not bother :whistle:

I'd also notify the Club in writing (e-mail) mate - to,cover all bases :thumbsup:

2 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

I'm simply going to cancel the direct debit and return the tickets when they turn up.

Bit like overstaying your parking in Lidl and getting a ticket. 

If BS want to argue about it let them. I'm sure they'll not bother :whistle:

Don't do that. You can be chased by baliffs if the company underwriting the credit choose to

3 hours ago, redmycolour said:

Just phoned the club they say. If you paid for your S/S. in full No refunds.if you pay by D/D you will not be offered to pay by D/D in the future 

I reckon that is bullshit. Further investigation is required.

You can return items to a shop and it is your right to have a refund...even if you have no receipt (go check that Martin Lewis Money saving expert website)

you can cancel hotel bookings within 48 hours of date of stay

You telling me a football club has the right to refuse a refund 4 months before the season ticket is used?

Sorry I dont buy that. 

1 hour ago, pride of the west said:

Ah OK fair enough. Cancel now then and let them know so if they take it further then you can say that you cancelled with them 4 months before the ticket could be used. 

However, if your details are correct you need do nothing and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal. You have the
right to cancel your Direct Debit at any time. A copy of the Direct Debit Guarantee is below.

Lifted from my email confirmation. **** 'em.

22 minutes ago, BigAlToby&Liam said:

However, if your details are correct you need do nothing and your Direct Debit will be processed as normal. You have the
right to cancel your Direct Debit at any time. A copy of the Direct Debit Guarantee is below.

Lifted from my email confirmation. **** 'em.

Of course you can cancel your DD at anytime however under the rules you need to do it with the company first before instructing your bank to cancel the mandate. 

The problem occurs when the company believes that you still owe them money. 

Direct debit is only an instruction of payment. Not the contract for payment

30 minutes ago, pride of the west said:

Of course you can cancel your DD at anytime however under the rules you need to do it with the company first before instructing your bank to cancel the mandate. 

The problem occurs when the company believes that you still owe them money. 

Direct debit is only an instruction of payment. Not the contract for payment

Rubbish.

FCA say this:

You can cancel a direct debit by writing to your bank or using your online or telephone banking service. You might also want to tell the company or individual that is taking the money, but you do not have to.

As I've said if Bristol Sport want to argue I'm happy to let them.

I'm still annoyed that we had to renew before the end of the season or when we knew if we were going down or not. It's so cunning, I must admit this season I've generally felt ok . I know with football there are ups and downs.... but not Sacking LJ and possibly going back to where we started... part of me wonders if we should of just stayed with cotts and just played the yoyo league one champ team thing!

I dont think I will try and get my money back I will most likely want to watch city......and also need to be there for the potential insane league game.... that will be sold out no doubt! I Just think the club should of either offered us a small discount if we get relegated or just waited until our future was sorted...

However if they keep pulling stints like putting basketball before half times scores etc.... then yes I would rather give my hard earned cash to away grounds and see city a little less.

5 hours ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha they don't get it - so you cancel your DDs and your season ticket and they threaten you won't be able to have a dad option in the future !!!

Brilliant - that's not much of a consequence

Happy Days

They'll soon come begging with Special Offers when they realise no one gives a toss anymore.

BT found that out to their cost years ago when cable providers arrived.........Begging letters saying Please Come Back.

Archived