IGNORED

Relegation release clause

iamalagerdrinker

If we go down we are seriously ****** squad wise. We'll be a bargain bin.

The only players I can see still being here in September if in L1 are Fielding, Little, Golbourne, Reid, Joe Bryan, Patterson, Djuric, Taylor, Brownhill and maybe O'Dowda.

It'll be like a fire sale. The likes of  Magnusson, Wright, Hegeler, Flint, Tomlin etc will be gone instantly

You think Tomlin in his months of contract negotiations forgot to put in a relegation clause ? That Gary O'Neil will have a contract that sees him playing League one football for the last one or two years of his career ?  Hegler, Djuric, Wright would come here when we were struggling without protecting themselves if things did not turn around ?

We have a big squad though, and we would be forced to actual field that young team we keep hearing about but never see (if this was a young team struggling, I could be a lot more forgiving).

44 minutes ago, Ivorguy said:

I still think given the horrendous management and coaching it is almost impossible to make a judgement on the players

Just look at Ayling and Freeman 

Ah yes, the hopeless Ayling and Feeeman, the departure of both of whom was welcomed on this forum, where they were both rated as being sh*te.

What is really frightening, is not the fact that so many players leave, but the fact that Mark Ashton and Lee Johnson will be responsible for signing replacements. It will be "ones for the future" League 2 and Conference payers who are signed, and promptly loaned to clubs like Newport, Morecambe and Forrest Green.  

51 minutes ago, petehinton said:

The only players I can see still being here in September if in L1 are Fielding, Little, Golbourne, Reid, Joe Bryan, Patterson, Djuric, Taylor, Brownhill and maybe O'Dowda.

It'll be like a fire sale. The likes of  Magnusson, Wright, Hegeler, Flint, Tomlin etc will be gone instantly

If we go down the young players like Engvall, Moore, Viner, Lukic etc will be given a chance as they'll be good enough at L1 level. We should still be OK with the numbers we have if a few of the higher earners like Tomlin go. 

7 minutes ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

Ah yes, the hopeless Ayling and Feeeman, the departure of both of whom was welcomed on this forum, where they were both rated as being sh*te.

Nonsense

What a ridiculous comment - complete generalisation, at best and totally misleading to suit your purpose

plenty of fans about of both Freeman and Ayling

I was one 

1 hour ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

They were both shite when they left. 

3 hours ago, petehinton said:

Don't think there two will go but it will be the other three you listed plus O'Neil I think.

17 minutes ago, Flint says No said:

Don't think there two will go but it will be the other three you listed plus O'Neil I think.

Flint would be the first one to go IMO. Between him and Tomlin. He's a big/popular name in the champ. No way he'd stay in L1 with clubs knowing they could sign him at a cut price.

Archived