IGNORED

Where Have All The LJ Supporters Gone on OTIB?

Tin Soldier

I wanted LJ to succeed but after a good start to his time as manager it looks like it's going to end badly. If that makes me a LJ supporter then I'm still here.

There's not much you can say a after a 5-0 thrashing which is why I guess it's one way traffic with the Johnson out threads.

One thing I would say though is if a change is made now it needs to be someone who is going to make an instant impact. Wilbraham has been much talked about on other threads but is someone with no management or coaching experience going to save us? And if it is the players who have decided not to play for LJ - is that acceptable or should we be equally on their case?

I wouldn't say I'm a supporter as such, as don't mind either way what happens about LJ currently. More important for me is that we survive, be that with or without LJ at the helm. And considering it seems SL has made the decision he is, I'm not wasting time arguing whether that is right or wrong.

Like I said it's all about survival and as bad as a 5-0 drubbing is, our situation at the end of the night wasn't much worse than at the beginning of it except for gd.

Of course it could be argued that confidence will now have been hit but if it was another team we would be saying to be wary of the wounded animal. Who knows we may come out fighting against Wolves. We just have to take each game as it comes and roll with the punches. At the end of the season we will hopefully have survived and then we can think about whether he should stay or not imo.

Johnson is just the lightning rod surely for all the fans pulling their hair out at this dismal run? Last time I looked he wasn't actually allowed on the pitch whereas the players are. They, almost to a man, had a terrible game last night (and were pretty much the same at Brentford) which is something they should take responsibility for if they really want to keep playing Championship football next season. 

1 hour ago, GasDestroyer said:

Really pissed me off since Xmas. Been very quiet last 24 hours? Not sure why? Dolman Pragmatist et al, where are you?

I don't tend to get pissed off when people disagree with me over a choice of a football manager. I also try and avoid saying nanananana told you so, as it makes me sound like my five year old.

with respect as a fellow city fan.

ps Johnson out.

5 minutes ago, Roger Red Hat said:

Don't worry, they'll be back here after we thrash Wolves 7-0, like we normally do..........

Can we send 11 little piggies out instead of our players. They'll have more fight than our current rabble.

12 minutes ago, Moor2Sea said:

Can we send 11 little piggies out instead of our players. They'll have more fight than our current rabble.

On Youtube if anyone wants to see how you fight for the club you love! Very funny, remember it well!

2 hours ago, Up The City! said:

Two weeks ago after our win against Huddersfield this place was dead. It's just what happens.

Yeh but you finally changed your tune last night after we were humiliated by PNE....you suddenly wanted the head coach to be replaced after singing LJ's praises relentlessly for months - too late

26 minutes ago, paulcityfan said:

The best fight at Ashton gate against Wolves. Unlikely to be repeated next game 

I miss City Cat.

Scrumpy is alright don't get me wrong, and obviously he's a Robin so it makes sense.

But City Cat was a total dude. Bring back the Cat!

4 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Really pissed me off since Xmas. Been very quiet last 24 hours? Not sure why? Dolman Pragmatist et al, where are you?

I think its pretty obvious to be honest.

The level of debate and posting (bar some notable exceptions) is such that anyone that dares to say anything other than agreeing to protest/email/make banners/decline to renew season tickets etc etc chooses not to post simply to avoid the inevitable abuse.

To me this makes otib a less interesting place to spend some time.

I will await the crap that comes my way......

16 minutes ago, brady bunch said:

I hoped LJ would work out (although no fan of his as player or coach), never want him out until witnessing the 1st half at Brentford, for sure it's mostly the players, but I have lost the faith now, PNE just confirmed it

The first half at Brentford was abysmal, I couldn't believe he wasn't gone after that, then again I've thought the same thing for pretty much 6 months.

I take it SL actually watches this dross occasionally?  It's the first match in 40 years I've ever left early.

4 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I wanted LJ to succeed but after a good start to his time as manager it looks like it's going to end badly. If that makes me a LJ supporter then I'm still here.

There's not much you can say a after a 5-0 thrashing which is why I guess it's one way traffic with the Johnson out threads.

One thing I would say though is if a change is made now it needs to be someone who is going to make an instant impact. Wilbraham has been much talked about on other threads but is someone with no management or coaching experience going to save us? And if it is the players who have decided not to play for LJ - is that acceptable or should we be equally on their case?

couldnt do any worse than this clown at the moment

1 hour ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

Yeh but you finally changed your tune last night after we were humiliated by PNE....you suddenly wanted the head coach to be replaced after singing LJ's praises relentlessly for months - too late

As I said, in time he would have proved to be a good manager, unfortunately time is running out and I want Lee replaced, not because he's a bad manager, not because I hate him but because a new manager bounce would see us over the line.

Long term I still believe in the project but with just 6 games left it's squeaky bum time and time to think of these last 6 games as a mini season.

I still don't think we will go down if he stays but just would rather we took the less risky option right now.

You know I'll regret this but.... I don't comment when I know I'm going to get aggro back... which is why I don't comment often... which is why I'm now going to get grief!!! BUT I am ( was??) a LJ supporter and still ( against all odds..), think things will come right eventually ( in time...), so because I feel guilty for  not responding to everyone asking where the LJ supporters are... here I am... Call me your worst!!!! Let's just agree we want to get the points to stay up!!!

2 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

You know I'll regret this but.... I don't comment when I know I'm going to get aggro back... which is why I don't comment often... which is why I'm now going to get grief!!! BUT I am ( was??) a LJ supporter and still ( against all odds..), think things will come right eventually ( in time...), so because I feel guilty for  not responding to everyone asking where the LJ supporters are... here I am... Call me your worst!!!! Let's just agree we want to get the points to stay up!!!

Sounding confident there.

2 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

It would be a boring forum if everyone agreed all of the time.  Although I've wanted LJ out for some months now, it's good to have people prepared to put up different arguments.

26 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

As I said, in time he would have proved to be a good manager, unfortunately time is running out and I want Lee replaced, not because he's a bad manager, not because I hate him but because a new manager bounce would see us over the line.

Long term I still believe in the project but with just 6 games left it's squeaky bum time and time to think of these last 6 games as a mini season.

I still don't think we will go down if he stays but just would rather we took the less risky option right now.

so 2 wins in 20, 8 consecutive defeats so exactly how bad does it have to get before he is a bad manager

I've supported him having longer because I dislike the knee jerk reactions of other clubs that sack managers annually - or worse.

Most of us criticise the fans and boards of those clubs, so it seems hypocritical to join them.

That said, the temptation to join in the panic is strong! Hey look, if we'd acted earlier we could have had the benefit of Gianfranco Zola in charge.

The truth is it's impossible to know whether a change of manager would be better or not.

26 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

things will come right eventually in time will they, I don't think it's easy getting out of the national league these days!!

6 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

I just want us to do well, not bothered who's at the helm. Success this year would be to stay up . 

36 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

How the hell do you believe that he WILL become a good manager in time,please give me some reason that I can comprehend.He has been an absolute car crash of a manager for this club and it's fans and I can see nothing but disaster for us if he continues in his current role.I really don't think he will be employable by any club except one that his father is running.

15 minutes ago, shelts said:

I just want us to do well, not bothered who's at the helm. Success this year would be to stay up . 

We all want the team to do well Shelts but is that really success to just stay up after the way we finished last season and started this season?

Archived