IGNORED

Where Have All The LJ Supporters Gone on OTIB?

Tin Soldier

5 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Really pissed me off since Xmas. Been very quiet last 24 hours? Not sure why? Dolman Pragmatist et al, where are you?

This board almost went back to some semblance of normality when City won a couple. After a couple of losses, things become vapid again.

Oh hum, who'd have thought?

Oh the joy of being a OTIB poster.

2 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

This board almost went back to some semblance of normality when City won a couple. After a couple of losses, things become vapid again.

Jesus christ can't you tell your location is your bedroom....says it all.

18 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

It was the manner of the defeats. I have never seen City play as badly as the first half at Brentford. Second half at PNE thankfully I didn't see!

Just now, REDOXO said:

It was the manner of the defeats. I have never seen City play as badly as the first half at Brentford. Second half at PNE thankfully I didn't see!

The run in has all the hallmarks of rabbits (there are possibly 5 teams in with a shout of going down) caught in the headlights. We will now find out what sort of manager LJ really is (cue the inane remarks). Will he start making knee jerk decisions or will he demonstrate some clear thinking? Another unknown is, will the board finally blink? The next few weeks won't go down well with those of an excitable demeanour.

This forum is not likely to be very pleasant over he coming weeks if more results go against us.

45 minutes ago, bcfcfinker said:

The run in has all the hallmarks of rabbits (there are possibly 5 teams in with a shout of going down) caught in the headlights. We will now find out what sort of manager LJ really is (cue the inane remarks). Will he start making knee jerk decisions or will he demonstrate some clear thinking? Another unknown is, will the board finally blink? The next few weeks won't go down well with those of an excitable demeanour.

This forum is not likely to be very pleasant over he coming weeks if more results go against us.

No it won't be pleasant if we get beaten on Saturday. It will be a mess. Inane remarks. Really, was that not one. Clear thinking is his players don't give a shit what happens to him and some have relegation clauses, (Heaton England goalkeeper without one...really) thus he his nailed on to make knee jerk decisions. Ashton and Co are already picking the team based upon who has the most to gain by relegation. 

The board won't blink if SL WONT they don't have the power to blink! The bloke can finance his own relegation so why not?

11 hours ago, GasDestroyer said:

Really pissed me off since Xmas. Been very quiet last 24 hours? Not sure why? Dolman Pragmatist et al, where are you?

I don't think you can knock someone for giving Lee Johnson a chance or somehow believing these last 10 years have been glorious for our billionaire owner.

I am extremely pissed off with all aspects of our club but I don't believe in picking fights with my fellow city fans.

I understand your sentiment but do you really believe there's anything to be gained by trying to pick on or embarrass other fans. I think it's clear now to all the problems at the club, so now we need to United more than ever.

One thing I've noticed is that going back to October time, the pro LJ feelings were very much in the majority and those who suggested that despite some of the results the performances looked built on sand were treated to a barrage of abuse.

I know there has always been a small group who never wanted LJ here from day 1. On top of that lot though there were people expressing genuine concerns quite early in the season. Most of the responses to those posts included face palm or gas symbols, the letters FFS, the word agenda or other digs.

You can't have it both ways unfortunately. 

41 minutes ago, Midlands Robin said:

One thing I've noticed is that going back to October time, the pro LJ feelings were very much in the majority and those who suggested that despite some of the results the performances looked built on sand were treated to a barrage of abuse.

I know there has always been a small group who never wanted LJ here from day 1. On top of that lot though there were people expressing genuine concerns quite early in the season. Most of the responses to those posts included face palm or gas symbols, the letters FFS, the word agenda or other digs.

You can't have it both ways unfortunately. 

Agreed but the point is to disagree respectfully, something sadly lacking in a lot of posters.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

As I said, in time he would have proved to be a good manager, unfortunately time is running out and I want Lee replaced, not because he's a bad manager, not because I hate him but because a new manager bounce would see us over the line.

Long term I still believe in the project but with just 6 games left it's squeaky bum time and time to think of these last 6 games as a mini season.

I still don't think we will go down if he stays but just would rather we took the less risky option right now.

Project haha

7 hours ago, CorfuRed said:

We all want the team to do well Shelts but is that really success to just stay up after the way we finished last season and started this season?

No defo not. I will take that and move on for next season though 

This does make me sad. Don't we all want the same thing, a club to be proud of, our club. Now we got all the 'told you so' and 'I was right' posters, well maybe you are but please don't bash fellow fans as they are of a different opinion to you. Their opinion, whether right or wrong is just as valid on a forum. People think and do at different paces, it wouldn't be good if we all were identical", opinions change and evolve, just please respect and remember this. I know this is an emotional time but let's not direct things at eachother.

8 hours ago, Up The City! said:

As I said, in time he would have proved to be a good manager, unfortunately time is running out and I want Lee replaced, not because he's a bad manager, not because I hate him but because a new manager bounce would see us over the line.

Long term I still believe in the project but with just 6 games left it's squeaky bum time and time to think of these last 6 games as a mini season.

I still don't think we will go down if he stays but just would rather we took the less risky option right now.

If you still believe in the project and think LJ will come good in the long term , why do want him sacked.

Sorry don't understand you logic on this one.

9 hours ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

You know I'll regret this but.... I don't comment when I know I'm going to get aggro back... which is why I don't comment often... which is why I'm now going to get grief!!! BUT I am ( was??) a LJ supporter and still ( against all odds..), think things will come right eventually ( in time...), so because I feel guilty for  not responding to everyone asking where the LJ supporters are... here I am... Call me your worst!!!! Let's just agree we want to get the points to stay up!!!

9 hours ago, Xiled said:

It would be a boring forum if everyone agreed all of the time.  Although I've wanted LJ out for some months now, it's good to have people prepared to put up different arguments.

Fair play Katie

I'm interested in why you still support Johnson and based on what you have a belief 'it will come right' ?

My reasons for still being a LJ supporter are probably pretty weak but here goes-I think there's a longer term plan going on, and although I don't think being this close to relegation was ever in the plan,I don't believe it's ever been about this season. I'm also stubbornly loyal to a fault so cannot bring myself to turn on him when things get tough ( I was equally loyal to SC & GJ for example!). I also can't abide the name calling on here and every post which refers to dwarf/midget etc makes me dig my heels in still further, as does some of the nastiness between posters.

I do know I'm in a tiny minority but there it is- be gentle! Love my team, even though if the players are genuinely doing this deliberately it makes me fume ( I'm not sure on this one...) and support my manager, even if whatever he's trying to do isn't coming off at the moment.

17 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

My reasons for still being a LJ supporter are probably pretty weak but here goes-I think there's a longer term plan going on, and although I don't think being this close to relegation was ever in the plan,I don't believe it's ever been about this season. I'm also stubbornly loyal to a fault so cannot bring myself to turn on him when things get tough ( I was equally loyal to SC & GJ for example!). I also can't abide the name calling on here and every post which refers to dwarf/midget etc makes me dig my heels in still further, as does some of the nastiness between posters.

I do know I'm in a tiny minority but there it is- be gentle! Love my team, even though if the players are genuinely doing this deliberately it makes me fume ( I'm not sure on this one...) and support my manager, even if whatever he's trying to do isn't coming off at the moment.

Hear, hear - well said.

My sentiments exactly.

9 hours ago, CorfuRed said:

Jesus christ can't you tell your location is your bedroom....says it all.

Someone needs a cuddle by the looks of it.

I posted on another thread that there's more to this than meets the eye, though how long it'll take for that to emerge is anyone's guess.  Johnson is certainly a marmite character and was as a player too.  I'm sure many believed he was only in the side because of daddy. And maybe that's still a factor now. But with only 18 points to play for with twelve of those at home, it really is time to fill the place with a bit of noise and play the 12th man. And for the cynics who say they've really had enough, we've all had enough, but the summer is the time to be quiet. l know it's a chicken and egg situation and a goal early on Saturday  would lift everyone's spirits but if out doesn't happen,  the graveyard silence helps make matters worse. Its coming down to the wire and there are nails to be bitten. Maybe the way to demonstrate disapproval is when SL addresses the crowd. Don't go in until he's finished. Or when the team come back after the Birmingham game..... to to an empty stadium if they've been relegated. But where there's life there's still hope and you just have to believe survival is possible until it isn't. 

7 hours ago, REDOXO said:

No it won't be pleasant if we get beaten on Saturday. It will be a mess. Inane remarks. Really, was that not one. Clear thinking is his players don't give a shit what happens to him and some have relegation clauses, (Heaton England goalkeeper without one...really) thus he his nailed on to make knee jerk decisions. Ashton and Co are already picking the team based upon who has the most to gain by relegation. 

The board won't blink if SL WONT they don't have the power to blink! The bloke can finance his own relegation so why not?

Inaneness is what drives this board in times like this.

Example: I don't buy into this 'the players aren't playing for him' inaneness. It's based on nothing more than rumour control, the ability of people to conjure up  things that aren't there etc. Just because someone says something on a football forum, doesn't make it true. The inaneness of presuming to know what SL, and to an extent the board, are thinking just because they don't do what is expected of them. The inaneness of throw away remarks such as: 'The bloke can finance his own relegation so why not?'

Hence my throw away comment 'cue the inane remarks' :facepalm:

I have a different view to some on this board, get over it.

Now where's my pillow? I need to give it a cuddle.

36 minutes ago, RedKatieScarlett said:

Completely agree with the above point, and to me all that is required this season is to stay in the Championship, whilst building ready to push for promotion/play offs next season.

I kind of see this season as the "first half" of a game, and as it turns out, a first half that hasn't gone well. So, I would give Lee 15 minutes of the "second half" (the first 10 games of next season) to show he can get us where we want to be, and if not....well that would be the time to get rid. 

If that is anything like "the plan", then I believe it's only right to see the plan through, not abandon it part way through....no matter how difficult it gets along the way.

12 hours ago, Northern Red said:

As long as the scoreline isn't! 

Incidentally, that game came on the back of a 5-0 defeat away from home up north (at Bradford)...

Yep, Benny's first two games in charge...5-0 then 1-6 and he offered to resign! Surely we can claim retrospective refunds for those two games?!

16 hours ago, CHIPLEY RED said:

I wanted LJ to succeed but after a good start to his time as manager it looks like it's going to end badly. If that makes me a LJ supporter then I'm still here.

There's not much you can say a after a 5-0 thrashing which is why I guess it's one way traffic with the Johnson out threads.

One thing I would say though is if a change is made now it needs to be someone who is going to make an instant impact. Wilbraham has been much talked about on other threads but is someone with no management or coaching experience going to save us? And if it is the players who have decided not to play for LJ - is that acceptable or should we be equally on their case?

The mind boggles-isnt this all about cheap options and the folly of such policy???....Be careful what you wish for.

Let's be clear, we are stuck with this guy, until at the earliest we are confirmed as relegated, what happens when the season ends is anyone's guess but he sure isn't going to be sacked so our hopes of survival are down to him, WE need to get behind our team in the last 4 home games and hope we can carry them over the line 

I am with Katie on this. There are a silent albeit dwindling minority of fans who have probably given up trying to defend the undefendable (according to the Johnson out camp). We have skulked into the shadows watching as the OTIB has descended into hatred filled frenzied 'Johnson out' blood bath.

As a lone voice, I actually admire the club and Lansdown in particular for all they have done in recent years and their unwavering support for Lee Johnson, when surely the easier position would be to get rid and start the management merry-go-round again. It is clearly a huge risk with immanent relegation and massive alienation of the fans but in their eyes it is a risk still worth paying. I believe as others have said there is the bigger longer term gain if it comes right, which would actually bring stability and the continuity that most fans would crave for after years of short term management and constant playing staff changes that it brings. 

As an investor on the stockmarket I ignore day to day and week to week noise and look more at the longer term fundamentals and I believe as Lansdown is a city (in the financial sense!) man he is trying to do exactly this at the moment.

3 hours ago, bcfcfinker said:

Inaneness is what drives this board in times like this.

Example: I don't buy into this 'the players aren't playing for him' inaneness. It's based on nothing more than rumour control, the ability of people to conjure up  things that aren't there etc. Just because someone says something on a football forum, doesn't make it true. The inaneness of presuming to know what SL, and to an extent the board, are thinking just because they don't do what is expected of them. The inaneness of throw away remarks such as: 'The bloke can finance his own relegation so why not?'

Hence my throw away comment 'cue the inane remarks' :facepalm:

I have a different view to some on this board, get over it.

Now where's my pillow? I need to give it a cuddle.

Get over what? You having an opinion? I think you need to get over mine. You express yours I express mine  that's how the thing works  

Based upon results and what happens on the field it's pretty clear that players are not playing for him. They are even giving money back for their performance at PNE, which they should have at Brentford. That is not inane (silly) that is what is going on. The players have been forced to take responsibility for another awful performance. Do you think these players are not putting it in or have just turned in to utter shite since September by magic. 

Just because someone says something on a football forum doesn't make it true....Oh really, blinding insight or just plane inane commentary. Do you really think that people that post on here are that stupid? You seem to!?

The bloke can finance his own relegation. It's a fact. He can afford it and is prepared to risk it by sticking by a man whose team are now paying supporters to watch them!

6 hours ago, bs3 said:

If you still believe in the project and think LJ will come good in the long term , why do want him sacked.

Sorry don't understand you logic on this one.

Because we have 6 games left and my thinking is a new manager bounce would get us a few wins to secure safety.

I wouldn't say I'm in the out out camp, something like 54%

Just now, Up The City! said:

Because we have 6 games left and my thinking is a new manager bounce would get us a few wins to secure safety.

I wouldn't say I'm in the out out camp, something like 54%

Would you keep with LJ if we go down , if you still think he is the right man to take the club forward.

I have been a LJ fan since day one. I still believe that on our day we are a match for anyone and we play some decent fluid football at times, however I believe he has lost the dressing room. This isn't just based on the 5-0, it's based on the Pembo situation in which I am led to believe there was a disagreement between the two and LJ said it's him or me.

I still think he is a good coach, but maybe not a man to manage us. Time to leave for me.

11 hours ago, 054123 said:

I don't think you can knock someone for giving Lee Johnson a chance or somehow believing these last 10 years have been glorious for our billionaire owner.

I am extremely pissed off with all aspects of our club but I don't believe in picking fights with my fellow city fans.

I understand your sentiment but do you really believe there's anything to be gained by trying to pick on or embarrass other fans. I think it's clear now to all the problems at the club, so now we need to United more than ever.

Unite in getting this joke out of the club!

Archived