IGNORED

Lee v Gary

cidercity1987

When Lee took over his words were, paraphasing 'I've grown up with a manager and think I've learnt from his good points and realise his bad. I will bring all of the former and none of the latter' 

Gary is my favourite City manager to date and I note his qualities were:

1. Fostering a fantastic team spirit

2. Creating a bond between players, staff and fans.

3. Obviously results on the pitch ps he never had us finish below 10th

On the other hand, I recognise his faults:

1. Blaming the players individually

2. A slightly defensive style of play

3. The 'extra club in the bag' mentality.

So my questions are:

1. What other positives and negatives did Gary bring?

2. Which of the qualities does Lee show?

3. And which of the faults has he kicked?

I would wager the answer to 2 and 3 is NONE OF THEM :facepalm:

So with all the nonsense replies given on the other thread about who should replace Lj, why have you not suggested getting his Dad back?

Perhaps there is a case that Gj has learned as much in 5 yrs as his son claims he has learned!

IMO Gj had so many faults it would fill this site and his subsequent performance at all clubs was considerably worse than Lj has done at this level which is certainly a higher level than Peterborough, Northampton, Yeovil and Cheltenham 

How about Tomlin and Sproule to bring in a bit of fight, with Bradley Our as attacking coach!

The only time he will return is to collect  the next pay out gi en to the Johnson family by the only person on this and who has put any significant money into providing us this club.

Wonder if anyone has a record of all the payments made by BCFC to the Johnson family over the past 10 yrs?

10 minutes ago, BCFC Grim said:

Didn't you question fans who said they wouldn't go again while LJ is in charge. You're a hypocrite.

Junior is willing to try and play attractive football. Senior is only interested in not losing. Big difference.

6 minutes ago, cidercity1987 said:

Are you seriously saying finishing 4th, 10th and 10th is worse than this?! 

Playing the dullest and most dreary football all the while.............:sleeping:

Any other manager with the same squad would have produced Wilsonesque football.

6 minutes ago, Robbored said:

Junior is willing to try and play attractive football. Senior is only interested in not losing. Big difference.

4th, 10th and 10th.

Relegation to League One in first full season in charge after spending £15m, even bigger difference..

2 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

4th, 10th and 10th.

Relegation to League One in first full season in charge after spending £15m, even bigger difference..

I used to go numb and struggle  to stay awake watching Seniors teams. At least iunder Junior it gets your pulse racing.......

9 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

4th, 10th and 10th.

Don't waste your time. He's never got over being embarrassed by GJ. I'd imagine he still has nightmares about him.

1 minute ago, Robbored said:

I used to go numb and struggle  to stay awake watching Seniors teams. At least iunder Junior it gets your pulse racing.......

Probably because based on your post history I can't think of a single person on here who understands football less than you do.

In our play off final season the games against West Brom, Hull, Norwich and Palace are ones that I will remember for my whole life.

Contrast that to the utter shit we've seen this season v Burton, Fulham, Reading, Rotherham, etc, etc, they all certainly set the "pulse racing", eh?

I often wonder whether you are a crap wind up merchant or merely a simpleton, judging by your posts it is impossible to tell.

The two games that stick in my from Seniors time is the two play off semis against Palace and Noble scored that screamer at Selhurst Park. AG was rocking when we played them at home but not as rocking as the semi final play off at AG against the Monkey Hangers. That was a truly memorable game and probably one of the top three I've ever seen at AG. Roberts brilliant winner nearly took the roof off the Dolman! 

30 minutes ago, GrahamC said:

Probably because based on your post history I can't think of a single person on here who understands football less than you do.

In our play off final season the games against West Brom, Hull, Norwich and Palace are ones that I will remember for my whole life.

Contrast that to the utter shit we've seen this season v Burton, Fulham, Reading, Rotherham, etc, etc, they all certainly set the "pulse racing", eh?

I often wonder whether you are a crap wind up merchant or merely a simpleton, judging by your posts it is impossible to tell.

Attention seeking WUM - proper issues IMO

Archived