IGNORED

LJ Press Conference

cummins17

On 06/04/2017 at 15:49, TedsHeadIs Red said:

For a club with a history like ours (perpetually underachieving and largely unsuccessful in the lower divisions) the number of rants and tantrums about the fact we are having a dodgy season in the 2nd tier is unbelievable.

When were last in the top tier?....let me think, oh yes 1980 for 4 seasons (and then what happened?!). And the time before that? Pre first world war methinks.

The last time we won a major trophy? We were in Europe? Get back to me on those.

Get a grip people. Keep the current situation in perspective in comparison to the past. We might even stay up and do ok next season!

The past has very little bearing on the present. Ask Burton Albion or Bournemouth. 

22 hours ago, cummins17 said:

Because he was just put back out infront of the media by the club, so I was asking why have they put him in front of the media rather than sack him. There is some dumb cu?ts on this forum! 

I agree. 

You being one of them.

On 06/04/2017 at 19:06, shepton red said:

I wish he would stop this 'I love the club' nonsense.

As a matter of curiosity, a quick google with the right keywords reveals Lee Johnson "I love this club" quotes in reference to Hearts, Oldham and several other clubs too. To be fair I suppose we all like to hear that sort of popularity contest type comment when things are going well, it's ringing hollow now because most people recognise that if you really loved the club and were in this position, you would have stepped aside by now to give it a fresh chance.

Just now, Olé said:

As a matter of curiosity, a quick google with the right keywords reveals Lee Johnson "I love this club" quotes in reference to Hearts, Oldham and several other clubs too. To be fair I suppose we all like to hear that sort of popularity contest type comment when things are going well, it's ringing hollow now because most people recognise that if you really loved the club and were in this position, you would have stepped aside by now to give it a fresh chance.

Lets see how many games he gets to after he's moved on. Maybe he'll buy a season ticket. 

Unfortunately it seems that Lee Johnson is not going to be sacked this season whether we stay up or not. So all we can do is get completely behind the team and hope and pray that they can scrape safety. If Johnson starts off next season as badly as he has performed in this then even SL is going to have to see sense and get rid. At least we will then have the chance to turn things around under a new manager.

Going into League 1 would be an absolute disaster and could do irreversible damage to the club so that's simply not an option. So let's swallow our pride for a few months and get behind the team regardless of who is in charge!

1 hour ago, Irishred said:

Unfortunately it seems that Lee Johnson is not going to be sacked this season whether we stay up or not. So all we can do is get completely behind the team and hope and pray that they can scrape safety. If Johnson starts off next season as badly as he has performed in this then even SL is going to have to see sense and get rid. At least we will then have the chance to turn things around under a new manager.

Going into League 1 would be an absolute disaster and could do irreversible damage to the club so that's simply not an option. So let's swallow our pride for a few months and get behind the team regardless of who is in charge!

If only we had a few months! 

Archived