IGNORED

LJ Press Conference

cummins17

For a club with a history like ours (perpetually underachieving and largely unsuccessful in the lower divisions) the number of rants and tantrums about the fact we are having a dodgy season in the 2nd tier is unbelievable.

When were last in the top tier?....let me think, oh yes 1980 for 4 seasons (and then what happened?!). And the time before that? Pre first world war methinks.

The last time we won a major trophy? We were in Europe? Get back to me on those.

Get a grip people. Keep the current situation in perspective in comparison to the past. We might even stay up and do ok next season!

1 minute ago, Bat Fastard said:

You seem to be fascinated with the word "Bollocks" - maybe you should try to get past the "B"s in the dictionary of swear words - it would make your posts so much more colourful! 

I know my alphabet thanks and I have O levels and A levels in everything and honours degrees hanging out of my arse.

I just like the word bollocks and it is very apt at this moment.

Lee Johnson Bollocks.

Bollocks Lee Johnson.

See how well they go together?

Just now, NickJ said:

I know my alphabet thanks and I have O levels and A levels in everything and honours degrees hanging out of my arse.

Lee Johnson Bollocks.

Bollocks Lee Johnson.

Two bollocks frequently go well together - I hope you don't drop one!

58 minutes ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

For a club with a history like ours (perpetually underachieving and largely unsuccessful in the lower divisions) the number of rants and tantrums about the fact we are having a dodgy season in the 2nd tier is unbelievable.

When were last in the top tier?....let me think, oh yes 1980 for 4 seasons (and then what happened?!). And the time before that? Pre first world war methinks.

The last time we won a major trophy? We were in Europe? Get back to me on those.

Get a grip people. Keep the current situation in perspective in comparison to the past. We might even stay up and do ok next season!

Your right when you say "for a club with a history like ours" but you forget that we are consistently fed the line about making it to the Premiership plus Lansdown in one particularly "senior" moment even saying we could be one of the biggest clubs in the country - ie the suits continually raise expectations.

Then they fail to deliver on that talk.

That's why people get frustrated. That's why this season when we've got more going for us than ever before, and expectations were again raised by the powers that be only to be dashed by the most incompetent manager in our history, feelings are running especially high. Lansdown has led us up the garden path again.

It's not as simple as you are making out.

6 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

We obviously do not agree - if you and the mob had your way and SL and LJ were lynched and the stadium torn down brick by brick - I cannot see how this would benefit the club we love.  I suggest that we show our support in our own ways - you in exile and me in the Dolman!

No one needs to be lynched, employing a football manager whose capable of doing the job would be sufficient.

You would then have 20k at Ashton Gate supporting the team with a passion.

1 hour ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Yes it is.

"most incompetent manager..."? Kept us from relegation from the Championship last year and may do so again this year. Doesn't deserve a medal I agree but it is something to build on.

Nice try at a cryptic user name fella, AFC Wimbledon for you on Saturday isn't it?!

4 hours ago, Knappster said:

If he is true to his word he is a fan and not just a manager and to earn respect he would resign.

I wish he would stop this 'I love the club' nonsense.

I would love my employer if they had paid me for doing my job as handsomely as LJ has been.

You love the club when you travel to away games, when you spend your money to follow the club, when you put petrol in your car or buy rail/bus tickets to follow the club.

i would have a connection with the club if they paid me to play for them (thanks pops) and then come back and manage that club.

8 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Lee Johnson, is a young man under enormous pressure, trying to make sure that our club is not relegated.  Some may say it is his fault - but right now bothe he and our team need us as supporters to get behind them and beat Wolves, QPR, Barnsley and Brum at home and Blackburn and Brighton away. It is in everyones interest that he achieves his very difficult task - so maybe it is time to give everyone in our club the support that they so badly need. Park all this negative stuff until after the seaon is finished.  With a wall of support and loud, positive ecouragement - we can make the difference! COYR!

100% agree!! We are City supporters so lets just support!!

2 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

Yes it is.

"most incompetent manager..."? Kept us from relegation from the Championship last year and may do so again this year. Doesn't deserve a medal I agree but it is something to build on.

:gasmask::gasmask::gasmask:

saddo gas numpty 

Not even the brains to compose a decent anagram 

Brains .......of a rocking horse

Back to your plastic chairs and tents saghead with your running shoes 

3 hours ago, NickJ said:

Lee Johnson Bollocks.

Bollocks Lee Johnson.

Think LJs are resting on the fat WUMs chin

3 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

How long in our ******* history have we had a billionaire owner talking about the premier league and a manager talking about the Europa league?

You get a grip.

We have been fed a crock of shit and Lansdown is allowing it to happen which is why people are pissed off.

3 minutes ago, Loon plage said:

How long in our ******* history have we had a billionaire owner talking about the premier league and a manager talking about the Europa league?

You get a grip.

We have been fed a crock of shit and Lansdown is allowing it to happen which is why people are pissed off.

He's a saddo gas knobend

Look at his pitiful anagram name

Probably been washing the plastic patio chairs at the Memorial Tip

Well that is one way of looking at it EMB.  It seems to me that a number of mistakes have been made and it is unclear who is to blame.  SL has sold his idea of developing our own young talent in order to help create a more self sustaining club.  This is a wonderful idea - and he sold it to MA and LJ amongst others.  We spent a significant amount of the transfer budget on players who were too young to really make an impact.  The experienced players, such as GON (who has ended up being a bit of a sicknote and is clearly struggling for fitness), Matthews, who seems to have all sorts of motivational problems that should not be part of the make-up of an international player, and Lee Tomlin, who has blown hot and cold and been a shadow of the palyer we saw last season.  Injuries to Korey Smith and others have proved to be troublesome.  This has been a difficult season with the end of the previous loan system, bigger squads to keep happy and some unbelievable refereeing decisions e.g. Alby's goal against Burton, that would have given us two more points and them one less. There have been 8 other instances where the referees association has written to the club to apologise for similarly terrible decision - and this has cost us a number of points, that should have us in mid table.  From what I can see, SL has seen the fortitude that LJ has brought to the job and is backing him in the face of adversity - he knows what is really happening within the club.  Meanwhile, the mob are baying for blood and applying even more tension and stress on to the players.  I have tried to speak out in support and urged people to leave all this negative stuff until the end of the season.  Right now we need to pull together to win every point we can to avoid the drop so that we can push on next season.  Sorry if that does not fit with your view of matters, but there it is! 

Why is there a mob baying for blood. I've believed in Lansdown for almost a decade and been let down by his false promises and unguided, uneducated ambition.

It's clear to me he has no idea on how to deliver on any of his dreams, so whilst he clearly has the resource to achieve them, needs to step away and trust who does know to get on with it. It'll cost more than he thinks but that's life.

As for Johnson, he's proven at Barnsley and City that he is not up to the job and should be relieved of his post.

It's really quite simple for all to see now.

Lee Johnson, is a young man under enormous pressure, trying to make sure that our club is not relegated.  Some may say it is his fault - but right now bothe he and our team need us as supporters to get behind them and beat Wolves, QPR, Barnsley and Brum at home and Blackburn and Brighton away. It is in everyones interest that he achieves his very difficult task - so maybe it is time to give everyone in our club the support that they so badly need. Park all this negative stuff until after the seaon is finished.  With a wall of support and loud, positive ecouragement - we can make the difference! COYR!

Can he be allowed to leave if we get relegated?

What's the point of a press conference, I have not read one report of a hack brave enough to ask Lee why he hasn't been handed his P45

Not exactly in the league of SOD's "stupid  question"

can anyone tell me how many times we have heard LJ say he will pick a team he trusts?

how many players trust him? - I bet Mags felt like giving him a slap after Tuesday's crap. Great manager, blame a kid that was on the bench while Preston shoved it up LJ's backside!.

Marvelous man management skills, every time we lose a player singled out for blame. I bet he never visited a dairy in his quest for management studies - we all know how easy it is to turn milk!

47 minutes ago, dave36 said:

What's the point of a press conference, I have not read one report of a hack brave enough to ask Lee why he hasn't been handed his P45

Not exactly in the league of SOD's "stupid  question"

can anyone tell me how many times we have heard LJ say he will pick a team he trusts?

how many players trust him? - I bet Mags felt like giving him a slap after Tuesday's crap. Great manager, blame a kid that was on the bench while Preston shoved it up LJ's backside!.

Marvelous man management skills, every time we lose a player singled out for blame. I bet he never visited a dairy in his quest for management studies - we all know how easy it is to turn milk!

Totally agree, LJ has blamed every player at some point this season , SL has blamed us, the fans.  LJ and SL both blamed John Pemberton! 

The only two people who dont want to take any blame seem to be LJ and SL. Crazy!

17 minutes ago, Portland Bill said:

Totally agree, LJ has blamed every player at some point this season , SL has blamed us, the fans.  LJ and SL both blamed John Pemberton! 

The only two people who dont want to take any blame seem to be LJ and SL. Crazy!

Too busy compiling the project

LJ 'It was a bit rash Uncle Steve telling the fans you were making a change to get us to the Premiership when you got me in '

*Giggles*

SL 'They almost believed it but then you got carried away and said we'd be in Europa League in Five Years, silly boy '

*Rolls eyes*

LJ 'Jon told me to say that'

*Giggles*

SL ' Leave the ridiculous statements to me Lee eh........ Now Jons drafted the team for Saturday , I've made a couple of changes but Jon will understand ..... ok'

Probably already been mentioned but haven't read the whole thread . I heard the answer to a question that must of been about his future, he said .  "Well , when you get a bad result like the other night there will be speculation :facepalm: 

oh yeah it's just one bad result init , not 6 months of bad results. He's a rhino skinned ******* bellend 

9 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

In my experience the mob are seldom right and their vitriol is intensified by each person who comes up with the next best insult to the victim of their attention.  I can see mistakes and problems - but I can also see that the club and BS are making gargantuan efforts to build something that we can all be proud to support.  Everyone in every walk of life makes errors and that does not mean that they are hopeless and without chance of redemption.  I have learned to be patient because things take time to grow and develop - and I can see the plan growing and developing.  Of course there are problems - but I have heard nothing from all these negative threads that has offered a truly viable solution.  I appreciate the time, effort and money that SL has lavished on this club - for the benefit of us supporters.  You can question his motives, but I think he is well motivated.  You can question his choice of staff, but I think that he has always tried to do his best for the club.  A cursory glance around the whole football league shows that most managers only last for a short time - and I feel that many good babies have been chucked out with the bathwater only to be replaced by some right horrors.  SL likes to give youth a chance - and I applaud him for that, because old codgers are not the future. I will continue to support on Saturday against a Wolves team that have won 5 on the trot and will pose a massive challenge to our team, who are probably lacking in confidence right now.  I feel that positive support right now is better than bitterness and vitriol aimed at the manager or any other member of staff.

Hopes and dreams are great in life so long as you live in the here and now and that has simply been ignored to a great degree, it should have been built slowly on a solid base not quickly and on shifting sands and it should have been done with a manager who has served his apprenticeship not somebody with no success at all and brought in because he used to be an incredibly average ex player and his dad had success as our manager once.

BCFC fans have been short changed once more by short sightedness and an owner full of great ideas and pillars but short on the exactly how to realise those ideas, they have singularly got behind the club and are rightfully angry, they have had enough and there is sweet FA in the way of communication coming out of the club. 

I cannot recall a manager ever who has managed to alienate most of the 19 players  he has signed and some signed less than 3 months ago, that must be some record indeed to go along his other BCFC records.

And you are suggesting that if we are on the wrong end of another expected dicking on Saturday, the fans should merely turn the other cheek once more?.

You are right about questioning his appointments and it is very telling that yet another person today has suggested that there is reason why BCFC struggle to appoint quality managers.

As for your sentence about the mob, well judging by some of your comments on politics forum you should definitely know all about mobs because to paraphrase from the life of Brian "you should know you've followed a few".

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Hopes and dreams are great in life so long as you live in the here and now and that has simply been ignored to a great degree, it should have been built slowly on a solid base not quickly and on shifting sands and it should have been done with a manager who has served his apprenticeship not somebody with no success at all and brought in because he used to be an incredibly average ex player and his dad had success as our manager once.

BCFC fans have been short changed once more by short sightedness and an owner full of great ideas and pillars but short on the exactly how to realise those ideas, they have singularly got behind the club and are rightfully angry, they have had enough and there is sweet FA in the way of communication coming out of the club. 

I cannot recall a manager ever who has managed to alienate most of the 19 players  he has signed and some signed less than 3 months ago, that must be some record indeed to go along his other BCFC records.

And you are suggesting that if we are on the wrong end of another expected dicking on Saturday, the fans should merely turn the other cheek once more?.

You are right about questioning his appointments and it is very telling that yet another person today has suggested that there is reason why BCFC struggle to appoint quality managers.

As for your sentence about the mob, well judging by some of your comments on politics forum you should definitely know all about mobs because to paraphrase from the life of Brian "you should know you've followed a few".

The first part of your post is your opinion and there are many who do not agree with your guesses as to what went on behind the doors of Ashton Gate.

i believe that Wolves have just won 5 games on the trot - this will not be an easy game for our players.  The mob will hopefully support the team - but they are not totally trustworthy.  If we go a goal down they could turn ugly (uglier?) and that could harm us further. We shall have to wait and see.  As for my political posts, they are principled and sincere - you just rubbish every politician - fun for someone with your type of character, but misses the point that someone has to do something, sometimes or the country cannot work. That means politicians working in difficult situations that often cause conflicts with their beliefs. Neither they (or I) am perfect - that is your domain.

17 hours ago, LeeTomlin10 said:

Why didn't you just say that then?

Because he was just put back out infront of the media by the club, so I was asking why have they put him in front of the media rather than sack him. There is some dumb cu?ts on this forum! 

Listening to this just now and I get even more shocked with the shit he comes out with.

He's complained that the squad is too big. About a year after saying he needs 3 transfer windows. And less than a year after signing the players that made the squad ''too big''.

Said that he knows what's best for the club and for his family which is why he hasn't resigned. Jesus.

Also confirmed that the players said they'd refund the fans, but not that he will be.

I honestly can't believe the guy at times. Also said that it's wrong to single out players, even though he singled out Hodur on Tuesday.

Archived