IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

1 hour ago, bcfcfinker said:

I've just listened to the interview on iPlayer and it's clear that some people have short attention spans, can't put things into context etc.

• iPlayer starts at 19:18
  • Why is LJ you’re head coach questions: 22:25
  • Do you feel the players are playing for LJ: 23:10
  • Would LJ survive: 24:20
  • How bad would it have to get: 24:40
  • Do you think about bringing in a more experienced man: 25:10
  • Mention of John Pemberton: 25:20
  • SL taking responsibility: 25:50
  • Are you putting the club in jeopardy: 26:10
  • Is that fair on the supporters who pay their money: 26:14
  • You’ve got to respect the supporters: 27:04
  • What’s your take on the mood of the fans: 28:00
  • Why did JP leave, why did you get rid of him: 30:00
  • Des Taylor question: 31:00
  • Mark Ashton: 31:46
  • Season ticket question: 33:02
  • Club in transition comment: 33:43
  • Will LJ be in charge of the next 6 games regardless: 34:14
  • What happens if we remain in Championship: 34:31
  • If you are relegated: 35:11

It is clear that some people will hear what they want to hear rather than what was actually said :facepalm:

This doesn't tell us what was said... 

its just a list of questions...

;)

Phew.  Wasn't that bad, the usual really.  But the 2 high or low moments, however you look at it, was the firstly the angry sounding retort 'I've spent more money than the fans'.  Now that is clearly not true when you bag everyones ST and entry fees per game together, and multiply that by x years.  Collectively not, and relative to peoples' individual wealth that is just plain wrong too. I am sure he must regret saying that in hind sight..

The other was the cat flew right out of the bag.  So if we escape relegation Lee Johnson will be manager next season.  No more speculation, there you have it.  I think that is pretty sad that there is no higher aspiration.  His game plan is that all this will be forgotten and we will suddenly have a great man manager as a team leader.  

Personally I don't think his plan will work.  But then, a decent size crowd, probably enough of a step to survive this season in the league and all looks OK today for most fans.   And I think most fans don't put the matter under the microscope that we on this forum do.

So I reckon its shut up and get used to it.  Was that not the point of his interview? 

Haven't listened yet and will listen before passing comment on what he has said, but as a general observation, the amateur psychologist in me notes that you shouldn't underestimate the mental impact of a massive new stand with his name on it. In prior seasons he behaved like a custodian of the club (that frankly, he should be) with his humble, microphone speeches on the pitch. He's now watching City playing in his own front garden in front of his own massive house. It's no wonder he's so bullish.

8 hours ago, redandy1 said:

Lansdown summed it up with the fact that he pays more money than the supporters do, so what he wants is what will happen. No real genuine concern for the views / opinions of supporters.What an arrogant t wat. Lansdown and the Teflon coated Johnson deserve each other.

He didn't even say it like that.  

I was disappointed that SL suggested they try to communicate with fans. 

On the points that matter I really don't think they do. Messages are drowned in vague rhetoric normally and nobody is any the wiser. It's so corporate and so far from elaborating measurable targets or facts that it drives most people to distraction. 

GT pulled him up on it today.... (something like) 

SL "we replaced Pemberton as we needed a new dynamic" 

GT "what does that even mean" 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I was disappointed that SL suggested they try to communicate with fans. 

On the points that matter I really don't think they do. Messages are drowned in vague rhetoric normally and nobody is any the wiser. It's so corporate and so far from elaborating measurable targets or facts that it drives most people to distraction. 

GT pulled him up on it today.... (something like) 

SL "we replaced Pemberton as we needed a new dynamic" 

GT "what does that even mean" 

It meant we wanted macca....erh Jamie Mcallister

Not like a job for the boys and being a bit close to the employees or anything ;) 

23 hours ago, ricardob59 said:

The sad thing is - that he doesn't seem to care.. If fans leave - others will come..

Neither do I care no more, SL can stick his money and his BS, after 50yrs I`m done after today until he is gone;

On 08/04/2017 at 13:56, 054123 said:

We bought Taylor in but his views didn't fit ours.

Why bring him in then?

One of the top scouts in European football but you know better.

Unbelievable 

I think that statement was more worrying than anything else he said. DT obviously knows how to implement a scouting network but SL thinks he knows better than him. FFS Are we back to the realms of uncle Pete again :grr:

Archived