IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

I stand by what I thought earlier, lose today and LJ is gone..

I thought that interview was uncomfortable and so it should have been, I think SL knows now his decision  to stick or twist was wrong but he can't come out and say that in plain speaking can he, he's got to back him publicly until he sacks the guy.

Moral of the story: SL only cares if you stick a couple of million quid into the club. Well Steve, despite the fact that I can't afford to get a helicopter to the Blackburn game like you it isn't stopping me from going, or feeling strongly about the way my team is going. Bristol City existed before you and will exist after you. Now please share your expensive red toy with the plebs

Easily the most depressing thing about the interview is confirmation that LJ will remain if we do so in the Championship. 

If we stay up it will be in spite of him, not because of him. 

We can look forward to a very similar season all over again. 

Just now, M.D said:

I thought that interview was uncomfortable and so it should have been, I think SL knows now his decision  to stick or twist was wrong but he can't come out and say that in plain speaking can he, he's got to back him publicly until he sacks the guy.

And we'll have 5 games when everybody else knew this in Jan or Feb. Bonkers

Mine is bigger than yours sh1te every fan should feel insulted by that comment alone; just when you thought it couldn't get any worse SL speaks :facepalm:

20 minutes ago, Alex#40 said:

Wonderful from GT, fair play. As for SL disgusted by almost everything he's said. It's my club and I'll do what I want with who I want basically.

Yep, fair play to GT.

With that attitude from Lansdown, he  can stick his club for his mates right up his ringer!

Arrogant ****t!

Still digesting that interview. One of SL's worst, no doubt. 

No wonder Ashton shied away from Twentyman a few weeks ago, Geoff would tear him apart.

Lansdown ducked most of the questions, contradicted himself, managed to patronise the supporters on more than one occasion and left me feeling bewildered about the leadership of our club.

What's the point of the board if any decision they make requires approval from SL, who's not on the board? 

Fans are taken for granted, 65% of the way to 12k season tickets and the fans will be there in 20 years times. SL spends more money than the fans.

Complete floundering when Geoff asked about what LJ is doing right off the pitch. Mentioned U23 players filling in for injuries and the long term plan - that's not what's happening though, is it? Players like Reid, Hegeler, Wilbraham, Taylor and now Magnusson are now filling in gaps. The only real example of this has been O'Dowda, and Brownhill in spells.

My only crumb of comfort was that "Preston won't be allowed to happen again". If it does, I get the feeling LJ's gone if we get beaten heavily today.

Biggest takeaway was how distant and clueless SL was about the fan's feelings. Fair play to Geoff for asking the questions - a better job of getting info to the fans than our own SLO.

1 minute ago, M.D said:

I'm not so sure. 

Why would he guarantee him next season if we stay up? No need to do that. 

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

I'm not so sure. 

Why would he guarantee him next season if we stay up? No need to do that. 

Because it this point he has to back him publicly long term? Or am I clutching at straws..

Just now, M.D said:

Because it this point he has to back him publicly long term? Or am I clutching at straws..

I just don't know. He could have said (he did in fact) "I'm not going to comment on LJs future" and repeat the point regarding next year. 

So Steve ''I am considerably more wealthy than yow'' Lansdown puts the boot into the life blood of the club once more, that is disgraceful.

And his comments about Des Taylor says everything you need to know about the circus that he is the ring master of, didn't the ******* philosophy of which he talks of ever come up in his interview ffs.

I call bullshit Steve I suspect MA wanted more control than Taylor was prepared to allow and that is the reason we have been lumbered with so much dross in the last 3 windows.

Just now, Der no.2 said:

"Ability" apparently

That is bullshit of the year from Lansdown. "Ability". Shame he hasn't ******* shown any this year ain't it.

LJ is as clueless as they come, and Lansdown is as deluded as they come. What a combination.

9 minutes ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Can you listen to it again anywhere? Lost track of time 

I think you can roll back the slider on the attached and listen again now. About 20 mins in:

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio/player/bbc_radio_bristol

20man said he didn't know of any fans wanting him to sell and go - well i do Steve. We need new leadership and fresh hope please. 

"Preston won't happen again" - What he actually means is that they won't be reimbursing people again....

To be fair, I don't think anyone should be shocked by the revelation that LJ will be here next season if we stay up. That was always on the cards.

I said yesterday that Geoff has been very good when interviewing recently and once again he hasn't let us down. Suspect Steve wasn't expecting that to be as full on as it was, and it might be some time before we hear from him again.

Archived