IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

Gawd we have all gone soft then..Brian Clough, Ferguson, Tommy Doc, all great men motivators, and probably didn't agonise too much about the need to be self critical.   

I don't think anyone would want to compare LJ with any of those. It doesn't help. 

I'd see the sense if it had brought success. It hasn't. 

It speaks of his weakness as a manager, not his strength. 

10 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Blimey, is it that bad? We are so fickle it's funny, trouble is posts like this make it look so easy, management, and yet I wonder why we are in such a mess with all this superb advice being banded around....Football fans eh? 

Fickle my arse, all jobs have a degree of difficulty and depending on your dedication and skill professionals make it look seemless and some blame everybody other than themselves.

Just now, Esmond Million's Bung said:

Fickle my arse, all jobs have a degree of difficulty and depending on your dedication and skill professionals make it look seemless and some blame everybody other than themselves.

Absolutely. The beauty of football management is your CV is on display so people can make a fairly easy and accurate judgement of your ability. 

43 minutes ago, cityloyal473 said:

Reading that transcript makes me believe that LJ is quite literally a puppet, with all strings being pulled by SL.

I've heard about him wanting to influence the team/tactics before,but reading that - and perhaps I'm reading too much into it - he has what he wants in LJ: someone who will do his dirty work and let him fulfill get his way.

Yup a 'Teflon' puppet

3 hours ago, Olé said:

On that day yes I do think our squad was much better than a Forest squad in free fall and whose fans had given up on them and were howling at them from the off, expecting them to lose.

Remarkable, eh? Our glorious leader and the North Korean branch of the supporters club would have it that the fans fully backing the team is what is required, yet a team who are crap and has their fans on their backs can beat us. Maybe that's the approach City fans should take instead. Just perhaps it was the chants of 'You don't know what you're doing' that inspired the team to beat Rotherham...

12 hours ago, arpaul said:

My questions would be.

Whilst searching for a new head coach after Steve Cotterills departure, Mark Ashton said in the press, that City fans would be amazed at the high calibre of applicants.

1. Why weren't any of these appointed?

2. Knowing good managers insist on sole control of team affairs, was Lee Johnsons appointment done to allow you, or your spokesmen, an easier ride in trying to have an input into team affairs? 

Good managers insist on full control but in today's hugely competitive football world they can no longer do it all effectively.

I have nothing against the idea of someone concentrating solely on the playing side and being able to develop players .

It also makes sense to not throw the baby out with the bath water each time a coach has shot his bolt . Continuity of idea and purpose of a football club is primordial.

However , that ' coach ' shouldn't be bullet proof .

I'm looking at you Mr Johnson .

3 hours ago, Olé said:

What an absolutely brilliant post @havanatopia, I doff my hat to you sir.

Cheers me dears.. I think we all should doff our hats to most posters frankly; such dire times see many write words from the heart and somehow it just flows because that is how much it means to us. 

By the way.. do we know when during the GT show SL will be coming on? Guess we will find out very shortly.

Archived