IGNORED

Radio Bristol

frenchred

With respect to people like Bat, I'm still interested to hear anything like a brief summary of LJs qualities that any balanced person would see as justifying a long term future. 

I'm listening because SL hasn't told me yet. 

Just tell me. You seem to have plenty of time. Off you go. 

Just now, 1bristolcity said:

But the same is not afforded to the coach, manager, or players by the hot heads on here.

I would say because people have had enough. I've had enough. People are going around in circles then it becomes a slagging match . People says things that are out of line . We all do . People are frustrated. Doesn't make it right. But everyone supports there club in different ways. All I can say is it's bad times. I literally read a post just before. Who had it spot on

5 minutes ago, Stortz said:

You're not wrong. No need for the personal abuse and mob mentality just because people disagree with you.

I don't agree with a thing @Bat Fastard has said but iI'm not going to enrich my life (or stave off our relegation) by calling him names on the internet am I?

People are taking their justifiable frustrations with the club out on fellow City fans who basically want the same thing as they do, it's self defeating.

Spot on

1 minute ago, CotswoldRed said:

With respect to people like Bat, I'm still interested to hear anything like a brief summary of LJs qualities that any balanced person would see as justifying a long term future. 

Just tell me. You see to have plenty of time. Off you go. 

I work, as well as try and offer a balanced view on here.

1. He is young and will learn and get better.

2. He actually loves Bristol City.

3. He has been voted in the top 10 of young and promising coaches.

4. Who on Earth do we replace him with?

You can add to the list if you want...

1 minute ago, 1bristolcity said:

Thanks for responding. 

He is young, but I'm not convinced he will get better quickly enough for us. If at all. Not seen the evidence. 

Im not sure loving the club will earn us any extra points. 

I'm not sure any votes will earn any extra points either. He did show lots of promise once but that has evaporated. It happens. 

Anyone with proven motivational and coaching qualities not currently in a job would be a good target for a short contract with bonus. 

57 minutes ago, Up The City! said:

I always thought Tammy was already the replacement? 

Abraham was an addition to our existing squad, which was light on umbers as it was. He was not brought in to replace anybody.

Then we lost Kodjia at the last minute and waited 5 months before replacing a 15 million pound international with a bargain bin signing from League 1.  

19 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

Just tell me. You seem to have plenty of time. Off you go. 

He showed his qualities from February to October as much as he's shown his weaknesses from October to April. I expect a more balanced assessment of his ability is in the middle between those two points. I don't think LJ is the best manager in the world but nor do I think he is the most horrendous manager football has ever known like many on here claim him to be. He did a good job at Oldham on a limited budget, built a promotion winning squad at Barnsley when like us, when SC took over, they had been a club on a downward spiral for years. I think early on in his reign he showed real tactical astuteness, often changing the tide of a game with his substitutions. People lambast him for tinkering with the team when things are bad but when it was going well, he was praised for the exact same thing.

I feel his inexperience has shown and the pressure has got to him, like many more experienced managers have even suffered from, when the going has got tough here. He was dealt a real blow by losing his best player back in August and thus limiting the attacking side of our team to relying on a 19 year old, with Tomlin's no show this season. I feel we've lost so many games by individual mistakes and poor refereeing decisions. Only the last two games has it appeared that the players have stopped playing for him. Is LJ a great manager? Not at all. Could he be one day? Maybe, maybe not. But I don't think he's fully responsible and some evil man spiting the club on purpose like some people seem to think on this forum. He's always tried his best and doesn't warrant the abuse. The criticism, sure. Not the abuse though.

I also have no faith in us bringing in a replacement going by our track record. We will bring in someone else and the exact same cycle will repeat. I critcise the board at times but I do admire SL's willingness to remain loyal, it's a refreshing change. I just think he would have been better suited doing it with Cotterill but LJ is very much SL's man.

I still haven't given up hope a miracle can happen and we can turn this around under LJ and he can lead us to a brighter season next year. But it is looking increasingly unlikely.

Just now, CotswoldRed said:

Thanks for responding. 

He is young, but I'm not convinced he will get better quickly enough for us. If at all. Not seen the evidence. 

Im not sure loving the club will earn us any extra points. 

I'm not sure any votes will earn any extra points either. He did show lots of promise once but that has evaporated. It happens. 

Anyone with proven motivational and coaching qualities not currently in a job would be a good target for a short contract with bonus. 

I was and probably still in the out camp, but I do think it's too late now to change this season.

If we go down we have to keep him at least it is proof positive he can take us no further..SL sees in him a manager with a future, and you can bet your bottom dollar he will be a success somewhere, if not us, that is the City way of doing things. 

6 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Seriously, and I genuinely do not want to offend you, but that is utter bollocks.

1. "Young" so what - "get better" no evidence.

2. So what and in any case where is the evidence, show me pictures of Johnson in the East End as a kid. Absolute drivel.

3. Anyone else see this "vote"? but in any case even if true the evidence is he is not.

4. Are you actually being serious?

3 minutes ago, Merrick's Marvels said:

Abraham was an addition to our existing squad, which was light on umbers as it was. He was not brought in to replace anybody.

Then we lost Kodjia at the last minute and waited 5 months before replacing a 15 million pound international with a bargain bin signing from League 1.  

I saw it differently, we all knew JK was leaving so Tammy was brought in before he left.

Just now, NickJ said:

Seriously, and I genuinely do not want to offend you, but that is utter bollocks.

2. So what and in any case where is the evidence, show me pictures of Johnson in the East End as a kid. Absolute drivel.

3. Anyone else see this "vote"? but in any case even if true the evidence is he is not.

What can I do to make you think I am serious, perhaps some sexual innuendo and a bit a few insults thrown in will convince you?

We are trying to have a discussion here, do you want to behave or just act like an idiot?

Your call. 

27 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

He said HAPPY CLAPPERS, and you liked it...:facepalm:

You've lost me.

Person A said:

I hope that everyone shows respect to our benefactor and understands that he is trying to get us all what we want - some may not understand decisions or agree, but they are not putting their £millions on the line. However much he plans and spends, he simply cannot control everything - best just to encourage and support rather than insult the guy - especially as we sit in the wonderful stadium that he has just built for us.

Person B disagrees with this view and replied:

HAPPY CLAPPERS like you are the reason he feels he can do as he pleases and ignore the fans

I don't agree with Person A either, so complimented Person B on his reply to Person A.

Is that any clearer?

52 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

See you have to get nasty, care worker,? Grow up little man.

Little man

:laughcont:

let me know anytime you fancy checking whether you're right little wet lettuce 

Actually - A wet snowflake is what you are

Ironically you will be the classic keyboard warrior - what you like off it ?

26 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

I work too, bloody hard to pay for the season tickets for me and my lad, so:

1. Can say that about anyone under the age of 25. How old is he ???

2. So does my lad......doesn't him him a good manager however

3. So were Bakers Dolphin

4. PMSL..... really ?? :dunno:

14 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

What can I do to make you think I am serious, perhaps some sexual innuendo and a bit a few insults thrown in will convince you?

We are trying to have a discussion here, do you want to behave or just act like an idiot?

Your call. 

You OK.? You seem very angry.

42 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

Totally Clueless

Try Tennis or hockey

'voted in top 10 young coaches''

:laughcont::laughcont::laughcont:

Just to clarify - you want Lansdown out but back Johnson

Interestin g

:whistle:

School broken up for Easter eh :thumbsup:

17 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Your call. 

Oh I can do serious discussion too, see my 15 questions previous in this thread.

Maybe you could answer those on behalf of Steve?

As little or as much sexual innuendo and insults as you like, but I'm more interested in the answers to the questions.

22 minutes ago, NickJ said:

"Young" brings a freshness and ability to re-evaluate standard practices that an "old dog" won't do.  I don't know if he will get better but i suspect he will.  I like Johnson as he comes across as an intelligent man willing to learn.

A "Holloway" or "Pardew" or "Allardyce" is unlikely to change their ways.

Someone who has a passion for their work will perform far better than someone who doesn't.  I suspect Johnson has a deep affection for City with us being the location of his best footballing years.

I guess he was being serious.  The fact that you can only say "Are you actually being serious" rather makes his point.

I would add 1 extra to @1bristolcitylist

5. Johnson is not Sean O'Driscoll.  However bad things get, we all should never forget that.

22 minutes ago, NickJ said:

It wasn't a vote - just a new football blogging site that has a article on who they consider the top 10 youngest English managers. To be honest the article did not even picture him in a good light, it seemed to be LJ is well intentioned but clueless, others performing much better with the same resources he has once he's left.

His initial impact at Barnsley was good, taking over the club mid-season in February 2015 and winning his first four games in charge, although results somewhat tailed off at the back-end of the campaign

The club carried out some impressive recruitment that summer, and many saw Johnson's team as being amongst the promotion favourites going into the 2015/16 season.

This promise was not fulfilled, as the Tykes struggled under Johnson's rule

Although his time in Yorkshire was largely unproductive,

The success Barnsley have had since replacing Johnson with Paul Heckingbottom is troubling. T

This was the team that Johnson had built, playing the brand of football that he was committed to bringing to the club. Yet it was another manager who had coaxed out the performances that forced Barnsley to make progress up the table

So like much of Johnson's career, his place on this list is based on potential rather than merit.

Despite plying his trade in the top tier of the EFL, Lee Johnson is maybe the manager with the most to learn on this list. His reign at Bristol City seems to have soured beyond repair, and there is a fair argument that both parties would benefit from parting.

Hardly a ringing endorsement, and if we go from his history, his teams have all performed better once he's left the club... suggesting he cannot get the performances he needs out of the assets he has.

13 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Little man

:laughcont:

let me know anytime you fancy checking whether you're right little wet lettuce 

Actually - A wet snowflake is what you are

Ironically you will be the classic keyboard warrior - what you like off it ?

Here we go, you are losing it, no you have lost, the thing is so many can see through all these threats as being totally absurd, you revel in being a bully on here, your world not mine you abuse people and men by questioning their manhood, I don't need to I am a confident sort, happy with that side of things, I don't need to bring that sort of insult to to table to boost my self esteem. Your problem not mine, 

He wants to fight me Hahahaha :clapping:

2 minutes ago, 1bristolcity said:

Here we go, you are losing it, no you have lost, the thing is so many can see through all these threats as being totally absurd, you revel in being a bully on here, your world not mine you abuse people and men by questioning their manhood, I don't need to I am a confident sort, happy with that side of things, I don't need to bring that sort of insult to to table to boost my self esteem. Your problem not mine, 

He wants to fight me Hahahaha :clapping:

As I said a (clueless) wet lettuce :thumbsup:

Lost 

and you referring to people as idiots - oh the irony :clapping:

Keep making yourself a laughing stock - having a good chuckle here

2 hours ago, Bat Fastard said:

Well how do you judge that?  A mob of vocal posters on a forum try to oust the head coach - and you think they represent the views of all the fans?  We all want to see success - some think you can do it by abuse and some by encouragement.  If you ever get the chance to read "Black Beauty" you will see examples of how this works.  If you can't be cothered to read it, the flogged horse drops dead!

I actually read it 60 years ago, doesn't change my opinion though, sorry. 

Archived