IGNORED

Genuine Question........

ooRya

4 hours ago, ooRya said:

Oh don't worry, I've read them.....most from start to finish.

Regardless of my opinion re LJ, Steve Lansdown or anything else, and whether or not it's a different opinion to you or most others on here, (which incidentally isn't relevant to this thread) I am still totally astounded by the level of anger and vitriol seen on this forum in recent times.

We're having a crap season...look, I get it, and I don't want to see City struggling at the wrong end of the table...the same as anyone else. But having seen City in this position many times over the years, I am just interested as to why the anger/frustration etc is greater this season than any other.

I've never know a time before where City fans have turned on each other the way it's happening right now, and to be honest that saddens me more than anything else that's going on at the moment. Just look at your own reply to me....as you say, sort of sums it up really.

I've seen seasons like this many times before as well. The reason there is so much anger this time, is because every other time we have had a manager who is out of his depth he's been sacked well before we get to this point.

LJ should have gone months ago, SC gave us possibly our best season in 60 years, so if anyone deserved some loyalty from the club it was him. But no, he was sacked 6 months into the season after winning us 2 trophies.

The current manager had done nothing to be deserving of a Championship managers job, no other Championship club would have even considered him, let alone actually employ him. It was a recipe for disaster from the start, as a player for this club he was marmite, so anyone could see what would happen when he lost a couple of games in a row.... let alone bloody 8!

7 hours ago, ooRya said:

Bristol City are in reality a "small club" who for most of their existence have been a club yo-yoing between the lower leagues. We are currently enduring a bad season, but have been here countless times before, and no doubt we'll be here again in the future.

My question is, why does this season seem to be so much worse than others in the minds of so many supporters? Why is there so much anger/abuse/hatred being banded about this season in comparison to previous occasions?

Is there a genuine reason why this season is worse than other seasons where we have struggled, or is it simply that it's a symptom of the modern "social media world"?

the genuine reason is even a record breaking run of poor results have failed to move SL even in to making a statement ie; before the st sales " LJ is going no-where and is here full term of his contract" a hard pill to swallow for many but at least everyone would know whats, what.

There is now much more management and suits in the way of the top and the fans; I wouldn't know most of them if I past them in the street; there seems to be a lack of connection and by the way where are the STrust when you need them or can they not be rocking the boat?

8 hours ago, TedsHeadIs Red said:

What are people expecting SL to be aiming for?

If he had said "My plan for Bristol City is to yo-yo between the Championship and League 1 year on year and win the occasional tinpot trophy to give the fans a day out at Wembley." then people would be slating him for having no ambition.

Having an ambition doesn't mean that everything falls into place in the short term. There is no magic formula that can be put into place to make sure your ambition is realised.

Prediction for May 2019: City finish in the top half of the Championship with LJ in charge and things looking positive for the following season.

So let the tiresome abuse at me begin (from those who seem to expect that May 2019 should bring a top half finish in the PL because we should have a divine right to achieve that shouldn't we?).

:gasmask::gasmask::gasmask:

If he had said "My plan for Bristol City is to yo-yo between the Championship and League 1 year on year and win the occasional tinpot trophy to give the fans a day out at Wembley." then people would be slating him for having no ambition.

Having an ambition doesn't mean that everything falls into place in the short term. There is no magic formula that can be put into place to make sure your ambition is realised.

Prediction for May 2019: City finish in the top half of the Championship with LJ in charge and things looking positive for the following season.

So let the tiresome abuse at me begin (from those who seem to expect that May 2019 should bring a top half finish in the PL because we should have a divine right to achieve that shouldn't we?).

No abuse mate.

If people can't see what a waste of 10 years this has been by now, then people never will.

If I told you the richest English man in the history of the sport was going to take over our club and redevelop Ashton Gate with a target of the premier league (and he's a local city fan!) you would think all your dreams have come true. If I then showed you the 10 years followong that (as ours have been), up to this point, you would call it nothing but failure.

It's so ******* simple.

Hardly short term after over a decade!

33 minutes ago, 054123 said:

No abuse mate.

If people can't see what a waste of 10 years this has been by now, then people never will.

If I told you the richest English man in the history of the sport was going to take over our club and redevelop Ashton Gate with a target of the premier league (and he's a local city fan!) you would think all your dreams have come true. If I then showed you the 10 years followong that (as ours have been), up to this point, you would call it nothing but failure.

It's so ******* simple.

You and @Ivorguy have just bitten for the Gas Troll !

:gasmask:

I'll throw in my very brief thoughts. With the season nearly finished, our wonderful head coach still doesn't know his best 11 (or which ones he can "trust"), plays people out of position, and is still adamant that Joe Bryan is a future Premier League left back.

Bullshit bingo is now very predictable, and he is incapable of coming out and saying " I got it wrong". If he could do that every now and then, and cut out the smug look he has most of the time, then people may not dislike him as much.

The only thing he has to be smug about is the fact that he managed to get a contract extension somehow, because it certainly isn't for what he's done on the pitch.

9 hours ago, ooRya said:

Oh don't worry, I've read them.....most from start to finish.

Regardless of my opinion re LJ, Steve Lansdown or anything else, and whether or not it's a different opinion to you or most others on here, (which incidentally isn't relevant to this thread) I am still totally astounded by the level of anger and vitriol seen on this forum in recent times.

We're having a crap season...look, I get it, and I don't want to see City struggling at the wrong end of the table...the same as anyone else. But having seen City in this position many times over the years, I am just interested as to why the anger/frustration etc is greater this season than any other.

I've never know a time before where City fans have turned on each other the way it's happening right now, and to be honest that saddens me more than anything else that's going on at the moment. Just look at your own reply to me....as you say, sort of sums it up really.

perhaps it's because we have done this sort of thing many times before, and most supporters on here have just been let down once too many times.

17 hours ago, CotswoldRed said:

SL likes to think he is a little bit different to other owners. 

Not sacking a complete and utter failure of a head coach is one way he is able to prove this. 

I like different too, generally. But sometimes things are the same for a reason.

And we have set a president now, we will have potential managerial candidates queueing up for the job knowing they have months and months more time (pay) before they are sacked here.

Just now, RedM said:

I like different too, generally. But sometimes things are the same for a reason.

And we have set a president now, we will have potential managerial candidates queueing up for the job knowing they have months and months more time (pay) before they are sacked here.

I like what you did there. You meant precedent but I suppose the way SL behaves is a a bit more like the other :clapping:

3 minutes ago, CotswoldRed said:

I like what you did there. You meant precedent but I suppose the way SL behaves is a a bit more like the other :clapping:

Oh yes, autocorrect. God only knows what I write half the time, yes I think I'll leave it!

Archived