IGNORED

Today's Game

RedLionLad

What is the worst thing that could happen?

If we win, Johnson has secured his position for a while longer and fans will relax slightly........even more so if Blackburn lose?
If we draw, Is that enough to make fans calm down a bit and have hope for the next two important games?
If we lose, do we react according to other results going for or against us?

......and what if we get thrashed again, irrespective of other results, does that even bare thinking about?
Although, that might be the result needed to get Johnson out.

It could be a very strange day for Bristol City Football Club and it's supporters.

4 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

If we win, Johnson has secured his position for a while longer and fans will relax slightly........even more so if Blackburn lose?
If we draw, Is that enough to make fans calm down a bit and have hope for the next two important games?

......and what if we get thrashed again, irrespective of other results, does that even bare thinking about?

It could be a very strange day for Bristol City Football Club and it's supporters.

I hope the fans join me in booing LJ from the first minute until the last.... Can't believe the little **** us still in a job :grr:

16 minutes ago, 'keepuplino' said:

I hope the fans join me in booing LJ from the first minute until the last.... Can't believe the little **** us still in a job :grr:

I will but from my home, no more money from me until the broom sweeps what used to be a great football club clean

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

Fairly simple.

We lose badly against a resurgent Wolves, Blackburn, Forest & Burton all win, We are back in the bottom 3 and then LJ comes out with the usual BS, picking on individual players as an excuse, while SL stands in the wings doing sweet FA!

I think that just about sums it up.

The only upside is that it's a beautiful sunny day and the trip to the pub afterwards will be a chance to catch up with other supporters for the first time in nearly a month, having missed the game against Huddersfield. Shame is LJ can even affect that part of my day as quite a few of us won't be bothering to keep coming next season if he stays...

if & when we go a couple of goals down then we DO need to let SL and LJ have both barrells. Do it from the word go and we'll just guarantee 3 points for Wolves. I really want to be watching Championship footy next season so I'll be giving 100% support from the first whistle. When and only when things go tits up will i be dishing out stick.  

7 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

The worst thing would be for us to lose.  Nothing strange about that.  The vast majority of City fans will be urging the team on to what could be an important victory.  Lee Johnson's position is irrelevant today as far as I'm concerned.  If we draw it isn't a disaster, but if we lose it begins to look very very difficult to create the sort of impetus we need to collect enough points.  Six games, three wins and not losing to Blackburn would do it.

10 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I really don't want to go today. It's so sad that it has to come to this for me and many like me. After decades of home and away support, we just can't face it anymore, hope it doesn't last....

That is sad.  I'm looking forward to the match today in the same way I always look forward to seeing City.  The game is what matters.

13 minutes ago, BS4 on Tour... said:

I really don't want to go today. It's so sad that it has to come to this for me and many like me. After decades of home and away support, we just can't face it anymore, hope it doesn't last....

Same here . I was contemplating staying in the pub . Haven't missed a home game for as long as I can remember. Obviously I want us to win. But **** knows. I'm just going around in circles. Writing the same shit 

17 minutes ago, glynriley said:

Game day. Usual routine, get up shower and other ablutions. Wait until the Mrs heads to work then on with some music. 

For some reason I've gone for The Smiths...??

Panic? Heaven knows I'm miserable now?  Or something else suitably City related?

9 hours ago, RedLionLad said:

I fear for us and our 'goal difference' today-Blackburn home to Barnsley who are abject right now(one win in ten),and us facing the in form Wolves whom let's face it are something of a bogey side...

The small chink of light just a week ago that was a healthy GD could be all but eroded by 5pm with the cushion snatched away..

In one of yesterday's papers a journalist wrote (with Arsenal in mind) that if fans are disappointed with their manager, they should discuss it with their mates down the pub, nowhere else. Inside the ground everyone should show 100% support for the team.

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

The worst thing would be for us to lose.  Nothing strange about that.  The vast majority of City fans will be urging the team on to what could be an important victory.  Lee Johnson's position is irrelevant today as far as I'm concerned.  If we draw it isn't a disaster, but if we lose it begins to look very very difficult to create the sort of impetus we need to collect enough points.  Six games, three wins and not losing to Blackburn would do it.

This just about sums it up. We really need a win, as time is running out. A loss or draw might not  be disastrous if other teams also drop points, but it won't be good. LJ is staying regardless of the result today, so let's take him out of the equation. I don't care about the performance and Wolves can have 90% possession with 30 shots as long as City scrape a win from somewhere 

2 hours ago, The Dolman Pragmatist said:

That is sad.  I'm looking forward to the match today in the same way I always look forward to seeing City.  The game is what matters.

I agree I'm looking forward to it, great time of the year with lots of key games everywhere whatever the result today.

I just hope that he starts the game with 2 up front and looks like he wants to win the game rather than just avoiding defeat.  Abraham and Taylor have over 40 goals between them. Play them both and just keep getting that ball in the box for them.

Archived