IGNORED

The Official Bristol City v Wolverhampton Wanderers Match Day Thread

3 hours ago, cidered abroad said:

The first time I saw the Wolves play was at Cardiff City circa 1952/3. they wore those lovely Old Gold shirts, a mixture of red, gold and brown. Captained by Billy Wright they were then what Man U were a few years back and what Chelsea are now. The best team in the English League.

The next time a year or so later was the first match under the new Ashton Gate floodlights when the colours had changed to a glossy yellow to make them more visible under lights. At that time I wanted to be a goalkeeper so another chance to see Bert Williams the England number one at the time.

Fast forward to 1965 in Big John's last season and an honourable draw at Molineux on Boxing Day. At home the next evening under another new set of floodlights, with only four giant towers replacing the miniature ones dotted along the touchline, we lost at home 0-1.

And so to today. What will we do? Lose again? I really hope not but fear the worst. 

Cidered, I remember those games well, wasn't it a very, very cold Boxing day and I think I saw some people being carried out on stretchers overcome with the cold also the following evening under the new floodlights, I remember that I was stood in the cowshed and could hardly move due to the very large crowd, was it 32,000 or near. remind me please.

Ashamed to say it on such a nice day, I ain't going down!

Just could not cope with another defeat. I would probably lose it post match. So I am just sat in a sunny back garden enjoying the sun with a Thatchers. Still hope we win, but just can't cope with another pile of shite! Regardless of the management and "Head Coach" joke,

COYRs

• Like 1
Just now, GasDestroyer said:

Just could not cope with another defeat. I would probably lose it post match. So I am just sat in a sunny back garden enjoying the sun with a Thatchers. Still hope we win, but just can't cope with another pile of shite! Regardless of the management and "Head Coach" joke,

COYRs

Don't blame you, enjoy your afternoon

Just now, GasDestroyer said:

COYRs

Is it a Green Goblin?  Got one of those med dry Thatchers ciders yesterday here, first time I have seen one, Gold and Blond is always available here, but never seen this one before.  Anyway enjoyed it,  Let's hope we enjoy a win today, COYR's

1 minute ago, EstoniaTallinnRed said:

Is it a Green Goblin?  Got one of those med dry Thatchers ciders yesterday here, first time I have seen one, Gold and Blond is always available here, but never seen this one before.  Anyway enjoyed it,  Let's hope we enjoy a win today, COYR's

I'm enjoying the sun with a Gallo Chardonnay

• Like 1

Remember a great game against Wolves a few years ago in the p*ssing wind and rain around Jan/Feb time I think it was - poor first half including a random cross ballooned over Basso in the wind and we were 0-2 down at half time. Dele Adebola came on at half time and absolutely ripped Wolves a new one, they couldn't handle him at all - finished 2-2. Certainly not a beautiful game of football by any stretch of the imagination but one that's stuck in my mind since! What a difference in attitude that was...

• Like 3
2 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Remember a great game against Wolves a few years ago in the p*ssing wind and rain around Jan/Feb time I think it was - poor first half including a random cross ballooned over Basso in the wind and we were 0-2 down at half time. Dele Adebola came on at half time and absolutely ripped Wolves a new one, they couldn't handle him at all - finished 2-2. Certainly not a beautiful game of football by any stretch of the imagination but one that's stuck in my mind since! What a difference in attitude that was...

Yep. Adebola a little physical for one of the goals. Love it. 

6 minutes ago, Gillies Downs Leeds said:

Somebody remembered to put Little and Paterson's names in the tombola today then!!!

Patterson will run around enegetically, not having a clue what to do. Hopefully Dave Cotterill supports Little well', I'm not sure about the help he'll get from inside him though. Overall a gamble, but we needed a stronger midfield, but we've just moved the weak point back a bit. Come on City, surprise me.

Just now, Sleepy1968 said:

Patterson will run around enegetically, not having a clue what to do. Hopefully Dave Cotterill supports Little well', I'm not sure about the help he'll get from inside him though. Overall a gamble, but we needed a stronger midfield, but we've just moved the weak point back a bit. Come on City, surprise me.

Cotts on the bench 

29 minutes ago, IAmNick said:

Yes, remember the game, it was on TV here in Sweden. Stormy wheather and Dele scored against the wind.

Here's a indication of how my afternoon is going..

So I listen to twentyman and lansdown and get angry. 

The wife then points out to me that our 9 month old has something in his mouth. Worried he's eaten something he shouldn't have, I fish a white substance out of his mouth and taste it to make sure it's not harmful...

Yep... baby sick. 

Edited by Fordy62
  • Like 7

Mornin' all.

Back in the US, listened to SL interview saddened to hear that despite my financial and vocal support to fly over and support the boys up in Preston it's not enough as SL has spent more than me so my opinion isn't as valid. 

I never want my team to loose and the thought of relegation and playing the Gas next season fills me with dread. So I say COYR!

Heart says 2-1 City but after last Tuesday head says 4-0 Wolves. If that's the case and LJ is still at the helm SL is a very foolish man.

• Like 1