IGNORED

Well done to all.

JHAGa

I'm sure there will continue to be endless, tedious debates and arguments on this forum over the coming days, regardless of today's result, as some will opt to focus on nothing but negativity. So I'd like to make a point of saying well done to the players, fans, LJ and the rest of the coaching staff. A hugely important win today in what was a very difficult game. 7-1 aggregate over the last two home games against two of the form teams in the division.

I believe that firmly puts to bed the myth that the players aren't playing for the manager. What a reaction to Tuesday's low-point.

One huge step for survival.

Well done City.

Just now, JHAGa said:

I'm sure there will continue to be endless, tedious debate and arguments on this forum over the coming days, regardless of today's result, as some will fail to focus on anything but negativity. So I'd like to make a point of saying well done to the players, fans, LJ and the rest of the coaching staff. A hugely important win today in what was a very difficult game. 7-1 aggregate over the last two home games against two of the form teams in the division.

I believe that firmly puts to bed the myth that the players aren't playing for the manager.

You start well but yet again have a snipe

:yawn:

And totally misguided IMHO 

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Your opinion about 'who the players are playing for'

Well for a group of players not supposed to be playing for the manager according to some, winning successive home games 4-0 and 3-1 against form teams in the division means they're not doing a very good job of it!

How about you just enjoy the victory for once?

Just now, JHAGa said:

Well for a group of players not supposed to be playing for the manager according to some, winning successive home games 4-0 and 3-1 against form teams in the division means they're not doing a good job of it!

You just don't get it do you

There are all sorts of reasons why they might turn up 

Maybe in spite of , rather than because of the head coach

Ever considered that ?

4 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ever considered that ?

Not really, just delighted with the win and giving the players, coaching staff and fans credit for an important and deserved win in our fight for survival.

2 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Not really, just delighted with the win and giving the players, coaching staff and fans credit for an important and deserved win in our fight for survival.

Well instead , contray , or as well as , what you now proclaim - you couldn't help but excitedly jump and attribute it to the coach

First post since pre match trying to point score 

8 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ever considered that ?

Stop being a dick and enjoy as fantasic performance and win

13 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

I'm sure there will continue to be endless, tedious debates and arguments on this forum over the coming days, regardless of today's result, as some will opt to focus on nothing but negativity. So I'd like to make a point of saying well done to the players, fans, LJ and the rest of the coaching staff. A hugely important win today in what was a very difficult game. 7-1 aggregate over the last two home games against two of the form teams in the division.

I believe that firmly puts to bed the myth that the players aren't playing for the manager. What a reaction to Tuesday's low-point.

Well done City.

One huge step to survival indeed.

Shame you started following city's results after the Huddersfield game.

To fill you in though it's been a desperate awful season with a manager who has overseen some abysmal performances and results. I know what your thinking but he genuinely has signed about 20 players.

Sadly us and the other 3 or 4 shit teams are now in something called a relegation battle. Don't be fooled, it's not great and if lose this 'battle' we're back in Div 3. This isn't the end of the world has its where we've spent the majority of the last 20 years, so I'm used to it.

If we win the battle then we stay in the Championship, which is a positive. Again, I'm probably second guessing you but sadly you play the same teams almost, so you're right, if we play the same players with the same manager overseeing it, well if you use the same recipe you get the same cake.

As I said though, over the moon we have won and hope upon hope we survive.

Hopefully today was a turning point, they've tried not playing for the manager, he didnt get sacked, so now are playing for the fans to stay in the Championship? 

I dunno, straight losses but an awesome display over sky cameras after months of losing plus todays game playing well after refunding tickets is a little suspect if you ask me.

Who knows, I dont run the club do I.

6 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Well instead , contray , or as well as , what you now proclaim - you couldn't help but excitedly jump and attribute it to the coach

First post since pre match trying to point score 

Trying to point score? No. I've acknowledged that certain people will continue to be negative regardless of the result and I'm sure you know that will be the case too. So instead I've made a topic to focus on such an encouraging day from all aspects of the club (players, manager,fans). I've took abuse and been constantly mocked for wanting LJ to do well. Making a topic being positive shouldn't upset you.

17 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ever considered that ?

You sound like your weekend has just been ruined mate. 

15 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Well done City.

I have been shopping in Totnes this afternoon and not bothering to keep in touch with the score, I decided to treat Mrs Bung to a Devon cream tea and trying to remember the convention of is it cream on jam or jam on cream and on our return to our hotel to this glorious news.

And I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with the title of your post but then because presumably you seek to darken the mood you invite people to an endless tedious debate, a debate  that you are more than happy to have your say in, strange.

But hey my weekend will be extremely happy for a change, I might even break out a BCFC tee shirt to wear to dinner tonight, so yes well done eveybody involved the players, the fans and of course LJ.

As with the Huddersfield game the trick is consistency perhaps this time?.

BCFC an enigma wrapped in a riddle

3 minutes ago, allyolly said:

You sound like your weekend has just been ruined mate. 

Ha ha

You couldn't be further from the truth

nearly 50yrs of support and well over 1000 games

Made 

Anything but ruined

My number one wish above anything is that we avoid relegation - gives us a new chance and time to breathe

Relegation would be the ultimate disaster IMHO

I have always maintained I'll take LJ in Championship in August rather than L1 with him or anyone else

Nice cheap if misguided attempt at a shot though :thumbsup:

4 minutes ago, Esmond Million's Bung said:

And I have to say I agree wholeheartedly with the title of your post but then because presumably you seek to darken the mood you invite people to an endless tedious debate, a debate  that you are more than happy to have your say in, strange.

Not at all. It's a positive post full of praise. You have to be ignorant to believe what I alluded to won't happen, regardless of the result. They will be the ones that darken the mood. If darkening the mood is praising everyone involved for today, whilst acknowledging what will undoubtedly get posted on here over the coming days, so be it. It certainly won't 'darken the mood' anymore than those posts have done over recent months.

Anyway, I won't debate that any longer in here. This is a thread with some positivity for a change. :)

Just now, JHAGa said:

Not at all. It's a positive post full of praise. You have to be ignorant to believe what I alluded to won't happen, regardless of the result. They will be the ones that darken the mood. If darkening the mood is praising everyone involved for today, whilst acknowledging what will undoubtedly get posted on here over the coming days, so be it. It certainly won't 'darken the mood' anymore than those posts have done over recent months.

I think you need to re read my post before you call me ignorant, I never said it wouldn't happen, I said that you have sent out the personal invitations.

4 minutes ago, JHAGa said:

Trying to point score? No. I've acknowledged that certain people will continue to be negative regardless of the result and I'm sure you know that will be the case too. So instead I've made a topic to focus on such an encouraging day from all aspects of the club (players, manager,fans). I've took abuse and been constantly mocked for wanting LJ to do well. Making a topic being positive shouldn't upset you.

You not getting what I'm saying 

Would have been a far better and a good post if you'd avoided the temptation to throw in dispelling myths

After a very welcome 3 points - wasn't  the time IMHO

2 minutes ago, BobBobSuperBob said:

Ha ha

You couldn't be further from the truth

nearly 50yrs of support and well over 1000 games

Made 

Anything but ruined

My number one wish above anything is that we avoid relegation - gives us a new chance and time to breathe

Relegation would be the ultimate disaster IMHO

I have always maintained I'll take LJ in Championship in August rather than L1 with him or anyone else

Fair enough!! Apologies if I've misread you. 

4 minutes ago, allyolly said:

Fair enough!! Apologies if I've misread you. 

You have totally

My one love is the Club I've followed for all those years

The same love that makes me angry when IMHO things are happening that are unnecessary and verging on the ludicrous

If you are still going in 40 odd ? years from now with all the ups and downs that may bring you will understand ! ;)

And that's not a dig - ask some of the other older uns !

Ta for the apology mate - no need - I'm happy enough to take it as I give it - as long as people accept I'll always have a good exchange ;)

Archived