IGNORED

Kodjia

Rossi the Robin

4 minutes ago, Septic Peg said:

Rumour has it, a 20% sell on... If they flog him on for say £18m (they paid £15m if rumour was correct), then that's £3.6m to us.

Tidy. Sort of player who could make it in the PL so thats a good bit of business.

1 hour ago, Septic Peg said:

Rumour has it, a 20% sell on... If they flog him on for say £18m (they paid £15m if rumour was correct), then that's £3.6m to us.

They paid 11 m rising to 15 with add ons. Sell on clauses are normally for money in excess of what's paid. Thus depending on the add on clause and where we are with money in the bank 20% will be on the excess. So random Premier League club offers 25 m and we have 12 in our pockets 20% of 13 will be ours 3.25 Unless there is a max make up clause. Either way hope he goes to Newcastle for 30m if they get promoted Ching Ching! 

3 minutes ago, RedDave said:

Wouldn't say he was similar to Andy Cole at all but could get 12-15 goals in the Premier League.  

Rossi didn't say he was similar to Andy Cole - said he could do well , as Cole did

He may well get a chance in Prem - not convinced he'd be any real success but good luck to him - certainly going well at mo

Just now, BobBobSuperBob said:

Rossi didn't say he was similar to Andy Cole - said he could have a similar impact as Cole

He may well get a chance in Prem - not convinced he'd be any real success but good luck to him - certainly going well at mo

his post was ambiguous so who knows if he meant similar impact or similar style

He definitely wouldn't have a similar impact to Cole.  Cannot see him getting that many goals!  

Just now, RedDave said:

his post was ambiguous so who knows if he meant similar impact or similar style

He definitely wouldn't have a similar impact to Cole.  Cannot see him getting that many goals!  

Agree - Cole was something a bit special

IMHO Tammy will get a lot closer - a real goal scorer

I think we'll all look back on these two seasons and wonder how we wasted two special talents in Kodjia and Tammy in teams doing nothing more than struggling to survive. They both could have been the difference between being an average team and one that achieved something special. Imagine either of them in Johnson senior's team..

I loved Kodjia, even ignoring his goals I thought he was brilliant to watch. Can't think of many things that have confused me more at City than people that used to criticise him.

Glad he's doing well, the way he left may not have been ideal, but was he was brilliant for us and made us a load of money. Good luck to the bloke.

16 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Three out of this top five have pulled on the Red of City and the other two we've tried to sign at one moment or another.

Yeah, what an awful club we are. Another reason for blasting Steve Lansdown. We have no ambition, we've wasted money on a shiny stadium, Bristol City is a play thing. Blah, blah, blah.

(I'm joking)

1 hour ago, Super said:

So who is better kodjia or tammy?

Has to be Tammy IMO, just because he`s seven years younger and has so much more time to become a legend.

I think it`s going to be great in the next few years to track his progress and be able to remember the outstanding season he had here. Imagine if he gets the winner in a World Cup final and Jonathan Pearce is commentating!

1 hour ago, bearded_red said:

I loved Kodjia, even ignoring his goals I thought he was brilliant to watch. Can't think of many things that have confused me more at City than people that used to criticise him.

Glad he's doing well, the way he left may not have been ideal, but was he was brilliant for us and made us a load of money. Good luck to the bloke.

Absolutely, he was prolific in a side that was in the bottom four most of the season, yet all some could bang on about was his tendency to stray offside.

Remember reading on here last season the post by someone related to Cole Skuse who said that he had told him that their centre backs (Berra & Chambers) said he was their toughest opponent all last season.

Completely baffling.

3 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

Don't know if it was on here or somewhere that Chelsea was interested? I don't imagine it being true 

That would be good, Chelsea could then loan out one of their "up and coming young strikers" to a promising Championship club like us, if we survive !! Now who could we have.......?

Hey it's a sunny Sunday and we won yesterday, I'm allowed to dream aren't I

Seriously though, life without Tammy next season really worries me.

Can't see him getting a prem move. Not because he isn't prem quality because I think he is. It is his contract at Villa and the price he was bought for. 15m leaves little room for profit with a sell on. Villa don't need to sell. Is a premier league club going to spend 25-30m on a 28 year old with only second division experience(France and England)? I can't really see it to be honest. I'm happy he's still playing well because I enjoyed his year here but unless Villa go up he may never play a Lee her league game. 

Archived