IGNORED

Kodjia

Rossi the Robin

3 minutes ago, What the ???? said:

R the city due any more money from Villa, goals scored, games played? Other than the initial signing on fee. I thought that their were potential increases to the fee dependant on certain conditions.

We've already received 1 million of the extras. One more goal from kodjia would give us another million. The rest depends on premier league football.

Fair play to him he's got a bit of what's required for the Premiership and I hopes someone has a gamble on him. Have  we have a sell on ?

We made a tidy profit from him . Let's not forgot Cotts and done the business for this signing and a shrewd bit of business it was. 

Can't say I enjoyed when he played for us at the start of this season when he looked liked he couldn't care less and tbf I was actually glad he went . 

4 hours ago, Red Right Hand said:

Has to be Tammy IMO, just because he`s seven years younger and has so much more time to become a legend.

I think it`s going to be great in the next few years to track his progress and be able to remember the outstanding season he had here. Imagine if he gets the winner in a World Cup final and Jonathan Pearce is commentating!

Let's not forget the superlatives dished out for Steven Caulker when he was here look what happened to his career.

Let's just appreciate his season with us and hope that he can build on it.

33 minutes ago, Major Isewater said:

Let's not forget the superlatives dished out for Steven Caulker when he was here look what happened to his career.

Let's just appreciate his season with us and hope that he can build on it.

Agreed but I really can`t see Tammy going that way, he`s just too sensible (driving aside!) and he will be extremely well advised of that I have no doubt.

It`s just nice to be part of a (hopefully) success story for once in a while.

1 minute ago, Red Right Hand said:

Agreed but I really can`t see Tammy going that way, he`s just too sensible (driving aside!) and he will be extremely well advised of that I have no doubt.

It`s just nice to be part of a (hopefully) success story for once in a while.

Be even nicer if we can start bringing our own players through the academy to his standard, will be hard to do that admittedly but you never know.

Would be ironiic if Kodjia going to Chelsea free' s up Tammy to have another season with us (we can dream), but i reckon Kodjia will end up at Everton when Lukaku leaves. Then again if Lukaku goes to Chelsea I'd like to think we'd at least make an effort to try and get Tammy here again but as mentioned before there will be bigger and better club's in the queue.

11 hours ago, iamalagerdrinker said:

How many goals is he on now? Did a £5 bet on him at the start of the season when he was with us for top scorer 

Got him on each way, so needs to come in the top 4, however I also have Tammy on the same bet, so if Murray could stop scoring that would be great :fingerscrossed:

1 minute ago, hodge said:

Got him on each way, so needs to come in the top 4, however I also have Tammy on the same bet, so if Murray could stop scoring that would be great :fingerscrossed:

Barring injury I can`t see Chris Wood not finishing top so it depends if Murray eases off (or is maybe rested) after Brighton get promoted. I reckon you`ll be OK personally.

Just now, Red Right Hand said:

Barring injury I can`t see Chris Wood not finishing top so it depends if Murray eases off (or is maybe rested) after Brighton get promoted. I reckon you`ll be OK personally.

Did Gayle go off with an injury yesterday?

Out of interest does anyone know if we would of been relegated without kodjas goals? How many points his goals were actually worth? I seem to remember him scoring a lot when we lost or scoring a couple when we won comfortably and would have still won without his goals. Ie the two he got when we thumped Bolton.. We would still have won 4-0.*

I image tammy has been worth a lot more points for us this season.

* I hope that all makes sense!

4 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

Out of interest does anyone know if we would of been relegated without kodjas goals? How many points his goals were actually worth? I seem to remember him scoring a lot when we lost or scoring a couple when we won comfortably and would have still won without his goals. Ie the two he got when we thumped Bolton.. We would still have won 4-0.*

Top of head - one v Wolves 1:0; 2 at MK dons 2:0; one at Ipswich 2:2; one at Huddersfield 2:1; one at Forest 2:1. Some critical goals there, but just as many in losing games too (although these goals helped lift the fee we got for him no doubt)

30 minutes ago, cider-manc said:

It makes sense to me, but how do you equate points values to each goal scored? e.g. is the first worth more than the last? Does it depend on the scaore at the time? Who knows. Not me!

31 minutes ago, Jack Dawe said:

Top of head - one v Wolves 1:0; 2 at MK dons 2:0; one at Ipswich 2:2; one at Huddersfield 2:1; one at Forest 2:1. Some critical goals there, but just as many in losing games too (although these goals helped lift the fee we got for him no doubt)

I can add Blackburn away to that too, scored our second in a 2-2. Maybe it is just my mind playing tricks on me and the fact we generally lost most weeks.

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

It makes sense to me, but how do you equate points values to each goal scored? e.g. is the first worth more than the last? Does it depend on the scaore at the time? Who knows. Not me!

and if he scored a penalty who`s to say another player would have missed it?

3 minutes ago, Sleepy1968 said:

True. Obviously I know it's not that simple. But people kept saying his goals kept us up.. So I just wondered if they actually did if everything else had stayed the same.

Just now, cider-manc said:

True. Obviously I know it's not that simple. But people kept saying his goals kept us up.. So I just wondered if they actually did if everything else had stayed the same.

So you just want to expunge his goals from each game and take the revised result? Will we be giving extra points to the opposition or not if the result change? :). You might have to offer cash inducements to get this worked out - I'm not angling for an offer BTW!

1 minute ago, Sleepy1968 said:

So you just want to expunge his goals from each game and take the revised result? Will we be giving extra points to the opposition or not if the result change? :). You might have to offer cash inducements to get this worked out - I'm not angling for an offer BTW!

Bloody hell I hadn't even considered the other teams overall standings being different! Guess goal difference would have to be taken into it too.

Far too much like hard work!! 

5 hours ago, Sleepy1968 said:

I'll do it for a fiver :thumbsup:

Archived